Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:30:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Prague show today/Czech Republic 6/13/06
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prague show today/Czech Republic 6/13/06  (Read 18391 times)
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2006, 12:49:13 AM »

I`M AGREE WITH ZUZUKI..... I MEAN Sukie   ok
I`M JOKING...
Origen
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2006, 03:33:44 AM »

From the dude updating CD.com yesterday:

I m sorry for eysterday's stop posting of GNR, i wrote it to my friend. So There was Izzy. Bumblefoot played on his solo ALL of don't cry. Dizzy's jam based on Civil War.

Here is (I hope I sorted it right) Setlist :
WTTJ
It's So Easy
Brownstone
Live n let die
Better
Robin's Solo
The Blues
YCBM
BFoot's Solo (All of don't cry!)
Chinese Democracy
Beatiful (R3)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Out Ta Get Me
November Rain
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Izzy Introduction
My Michelle (w/ Bach)
Think About You (w/ Izzy)
Patience (w/ Izzy)
Nightrain (w/ Izzy)
----------------------
I.R.S
Robin's Solo
Paradise City

So now Don't Cry (Full) AND Civil War (Partial) are being played instrumentally. Let's hope they both make it properly back into the setlist.
EFISH
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2006, 03:38:39 AM »

thanks alot origen!

cool setlist as always

glad theyve started to play CD again.

and playing some of civil war is very cool too.. i dont think theyll play it though.
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2006, 03:46:56 AM »

the same post as in the Tour section:

OK, it's here? (excuse bad english)

Guns started at 11 PM or maybe few minutes later, finished at 1:30 AM. No riots, only few whistling before the start.

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live And Let Die
05. Better
06. Dizzy Solo
07. The Blues
08. Finck Solo
09. Sweet Child O' Mine
10. Bumblefoot solo (the whole Don't Cry instrumental) - this was awesome!!
11. You Could Be Mine - after this, Axl said "So you beated us in the soccer match...3:0...that's unbelievable...Congratulations to you, motherfuckers!! "
12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
13. Fortus + Finck Solo
14. Out Ta Get Me
15. November Rain
16. Chinese Democracy
17. My Michelle (with Sab)
18. Think About You (with Izzy)
19. Patience (with Izzy)
20. Drums Solo
21. Nightrain (with Izzy)

encore:
22. I.R.S.
23. Finck Solo
24. Paradise City (with Izzy)

Overall, the best concert in my life? ?Axl was in a very good mood a I have to say, Ron is THE MAN, i love him.
Anyway, need some rest, I'm going to the same arena today to see the RHCP.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 08:50:35 AM by hRob » Logged

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2006, 03:57:49 AM »

they should get rid of think about you and out ta get me and play twat

izzy can play on mr brownstone instead of think about you

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
Origen
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2006, 04:02:39 AM »

they should get rid of think about you and out ta get me and play twat

izzy can play on mr brownstone instead of think about you

Think About You sounds very 80s to me and doesn't hold up the test of time well, but I've also never been a really fan of the song so I would be more then happy for it to dissappear.

I'd personally love to hear Izzy do 14 Years with the band.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:04:31 AM by Origen » Logged
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2006, 04:23:51 AM »

was arena full???

glad for a good time,i had same time in budapest

I have never seen so many tree
EFISH
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2006, 04:27:37 AM »

this was asked in the gnr on tour section...

someone who was tehre said it was about 80 percent full  Cool
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2006, 04:31:36 AM »

Awesome shit.

The band are listening to the fans I think - mad to see Civil War is back in a form. Now, if only they can get to Australia already and work their magic here  beer
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2006, 04:41:22 AM »

damn I just got back from Prague, I witnessed fucking great show! I really hope someone managed to bootleg it because it was almost flawless 

I met gnrseb before the show, it was nice to meet you man 

about Avenged Sevenfold, I better forget that something like this even exists, it was absolute crap.

then Sebastian Bach stormed the stage and everything was fine, he played most hits by Skid Row, and both band and crowd really enjoyed it, they were in good mood and I just regret they didn't get more time, I'd kick out A7X and give this band more time, they need it 

about GNR, the performance was better I even expected. the guys were really like a band, they were so tight and played the fuck of all of the songs. I like the fact that they weren't acting like stupid arrogant rockstars but they just enjoyed the show and were always smiling - fucking cool band  and there was Axl Rose. his mike mix was maybe not enough loud, so sometimes it was harder to hear him, but his voice was perfect. maybe it was the mix, but it seemed to me that he's singing everything much higher than at the previous gigs.

there were some fuckers calling Slash, Axl ranted at one of them and told him just to fuck off 

all songs were played really perfectly, maybe Ron's guitar wasn't as loud as needed and his leads weren't so clear, but who fucking cares when the whole arena was singing every single song with the band!

Sebastian Bach joined at My Michelle, and then, Izzy appeared on the stage, the band morphed into many-headed hydra and destroyed everything in the way. it was just blasting. he joined the band for Think About You, Patience, Nightrain and then Paradise City. it seemed like Izzy never left the band, he seemed to be so happy and the band was in great mood as well, it just seemed like GNR have 4 guitar players and it will be so forever 

they played four of the new songs - Better, The Blues, Chinese Democracy and IRS (in this order), they did some blues jam or what during every time the piano was moving forth and back, and Axl enjoyed some Fucking off in G  that was great.

I was impressed by every musician on the stage. especially Robin Finck really seemed to enjoy every note.

well I'm tired as fuck, I'm not that young anymore, I have to get some rest now. I got some photos at my cell phone, hopefully they're not as shitty as I think they are 

rock on people!

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2006, 04:44:27 AM »

fucking awsome that Izzy is back...
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2006, 04:49:22 AM »

The band are listening to the fans I think

I remember saying KOHD was too early in the set. Clearly Axl reads ALL of my posts religiously. Play Estranged or TWAT, Axl, you can take a quick break during the solos. And do Double Talkin' Jive and/or 14 Years with Izzy  ok

(PS. I still like Think About You.)
zombux
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2006, 05:45:27 AM »

a few more pieces:

at the end of the show, Axl mistakenly screamed "Czechoslovakia, good fucking night!" - oh well, this fucking country is called Czech Republic, Czechoslovakia doesn't exist for 13 years, they could finally get used to this fact 

I just copied some photos from the cellphone, they're tiny but some of them are pretty good, let's see what can I do with them, 352x288 resolution sucks but some of them are watchable. anyway, a bunch of much better czech photos are on the way so maybe I'll include these then.

the security was very tight, they scanned everything and as far as I know, many cameras or whatever were confiscated. but still some people were able to sneak in with cameras because I could see some flashes. however I'm not sure about any bootleg, many people recorded at least something at their mobile phones but... you know the quality 

I have to appreciate the band's mood again, they seemed to be very happy, always doing some gestures to the fans, smiled at the crowd, that was amazing! I have never seen this kind of behaviour, most bands are acting like fucking proud rockstars. this is just completely different.

sometimes I got the feeling that Axl looks very old in the face - hell who doesn't look old in 40's, but he was running at the stage like in the old times

Robin is the most interesting stage performer I ever seen, he was always doing some weird figures, maybe artistic maybe stupid, I'm not to judge this, I pretty liked it, even if it seems he has to fall and kill himself at the stage 

Brain did a short solo, I think before Nightrain

members of Red Hot Chili Peppers (they are performing today, a day after GNR) were seen behind the stage right before the show, I could easily recognize Anthony Kiedis, maybe discussing with some GNR members, I couldn't see them all too well... he was smiling anyway

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2006, 06:57:31 AM »

the security was very tight, they scanned everything and as far as I know, many cameras or whatever were confiscated. but still some people were able to sneak in with cameras because I could see some flashes. however I'm not sure about any bootleg, many people recorded at least something at their mobile phones but... you know the quality?

That sucks!
But hopefully we'll get a couple of good videos and photos  ok
Thanks, zombux!
madagas
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2006, 08:13:21 AM »

What was the attendance? It is a big arena-correct? Huh
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2006, 08:35:58 AM »

thanks everybody fro reviews/setlists beer

northernwave
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:52 AM »

Just listened to Civil War for the first time in ages...man does it ever ring true now, maybe more than ever...I hope they start playing it again.? ?The message needs to be kept on the front burner
zombux
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »

yes, it was big arena show, attendance was maybe 80%. some people were idiots and instead of watching Sebastian's opening act, they were outside of the central hall watching some idiotic football match. they don't know what they missed hihi

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2006, 12:36:15 PM »

yes, it was big arena show, attendance was maybe 80%. some people were idiots and instead of watching Sebastian's opening act, they were outside of the central hall watching some idiotic football match. they don't know what they missed hihi

did they watch brazil vs croatia?   if so, i can`t blame them... i guess i would`ve been one of them hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
zombux
Legend

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2006, 12:40:25 PM »

yes I think something like that.

btw Axl mentioned how Czech Rep. beats USA 3:0 in football and congratulated us, fuckers Grin

here are some e-newspaper photos http://show.idnes.cz/foto.asp?c=A060614_130459_show_recenze_kot&r=show_recenze&strana=1

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: