Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:34:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  everything seems to be running smoothly, will axl finally release CD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: everything seems to be running smoothly, will axl finally release CD?  (Read 5096 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 09:03:53 AM »

I think, in 2006, we have the strangest GnR occurance in a very long time.  I like to call it "Happy Axl".

It's odd.  Really odd, actually.  I've never, ever seen him this happy, this "mature" (evidenced by the way Donnington was handled), and this...I don't know...content is the closeset word I can think of.  I suspect that finishing (or very nearly so) the album(s?) is largely the cause...but it could very well be something else.

I think all that leads to "soon" being the word.  I think we'll see CD this year, probably right around the timeframe Axl has given...I'd suspect October or November.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
badapple81
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 09:24:58 AM »

as long as the tour goes well we should see something..

Wow for Mike that is like.. really really positive!  Cheesy  If's definately happening soon!  hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 09:45:03 AM »

I think all that leads to "soon" being the word.? I think we'll see CD this year, probably right around the timeframe Axl has given...I'd suspect October or November.
Think there's a chance of it being sooner? There is that month long break between the end of Euro tour and the start of the US Tour. Maybe they are going to do promotion for the album during that timeframe.

badapple81
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 09:46:45 AM »

I think all that leads to "soon" being the word.? I think we'll see CD this year, probably right around the timeframe Axl has given...I'd suspect October or November.
Think there's a chance of it being sooner? There is that month long break between the end of Euro tour and the start of the US Tour. Maybe they are going to do promotion for the album during that timeframe.

I guess they will use that time to maybe finalise a track list and organise for the CD to be finalised, mastered or whatever?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 10:00:35 AM »

It's certainly possible.  My thought is we'll get a single around the time of the start of the US tour, though, and not the entire album.  But who knows, really.  All we know is we don't have a concrete date yet.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 10:05:16 AM »

I guess they will use that time to maybe finalise a track list and organise for the CD to be finalised, mastered or whatever?

The track listing thing they could be working out (or could have worked out) while they're touring Europe, right now.? It's a convenient way to get everyone together to do stuff like that, especially if all the material is recorded, mixed, and ready to go.

The mastering process could also be done on the road (during the UK tour, for example, when all the gigs are pretty centrally located, using London facilities I'd guess), I suppose, or could even be done in absentia, with the band getting samples of final masters via the net or somesuch.? Or that could be what they do once the Euro and UK tours are over, like you suggest.

I really hope they're planning on having at least a single out when the US tour starts.? NOT having one could be disastrous, I think...but only time will tell.

Keep in mind that release date, too, is usually set by the label.  The artist might have some input, but the truth is the label usually trumps everything and everyone else in setting the date.  That being said, I have no clue what GnR's deal with the label is concerning material and CD specifically.  Maybe Axl has it in the contracts that he gets to set the date once the material is submitted to the label...I don't know.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:09:22 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 11:10:45 AM »

just the fact that the band remained onstage and continued to play for 2 1/2 hours after getting piss bottles thrown at them is a good sign; if this was 2002, he would have been off the stage after the 1st bottle landed and the sound problems emerged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

So where will be at mentally if the album is again a no show for another year?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 06:12:31 PM »

So where will be at mentally if the album is again a no show for another year?

Grin

I'll be fine myself.

Because I choose to wait for verification from Geffen.   I've had my share of "info" from Axl and the gang over the years saying "this fall" or "soon".  I've been hearing that since 97. 

When Geffen makes a statement, then I'll listen.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:14:22 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Jude
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 06:36:27 PM »

It's totally THIS year when The CD comes. It Just have to be, year 2006 or never..

Maybe somewhere in november i think

ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 06:56:42 PM »

Nope.

I hope it does, but to tell you the truth...  Tongue

Although, now that I think about it, even Smile got released... peace

P.S:Do you think Duke Nukem Forever is ever coming out? Serious question.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 07:14:28 PM »

For some reason I got excited when he said they were practicing a song for the third album that they haven't even recorded yet. It's like he's already looking down the road past CD.

Yes, now it feels that CD will be released and there is a plan, unlike 2002, when no one in the band, including Axl, had any idea what was going on, or where CD was in its progression. Plus he's actually mentioned a real time frame for its release

beer

What do you mean by Axl had no idea what was going on?  In terms of scheduling the shows?
ROSE22
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 07:46:02 PM »

yeah and i hope one of the things they do to promote the album is play a song or two on t.v. 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

yeah and i hope one of the things they do to promote the album is play a song or two on t.v.?
Yeah, that was pretty much what I was referring to. Shows like SNL, Leno, Letterman,etc. Everybody talks about "reintroducing" this band to the public. No better way to do it than go on some high profile shows before the concert in September. beer

ROSE22
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 07:55:09 PM »

exactly bro  ok beer
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »

Nope.

I hope it does, but to tell you the truth...? Tongue

Dude shhh...we aren't allowed to compare DNF to GNR in here.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 12:43:33 PM »

If Uncle  Axl says it will be out in the Fall, it will be so. Count on it.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

something just feels right about this year for CD 20 years after guns first album!!!

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »

I think, in 2006, we have the strangest GnR occurance in a very long time.  I like to call it "Happy Axl".

It's odd.  Really odd, actually.  I've never, ever seen him this happy, this "mature" (evidenced by the way Donnington was handled), and this...I don't know...content is the closeset word I can think of.  I suspect that finishing (or very nearly so) the album(s?) is largely the cause...but it could very well be something else.

I think all that leads to "soon" being the word.  I think we'll see CD this year, probably right around the timeframe Axl has given...I'd suspect October or November.

i guess it`s the ladies hihi

just the fact that the band remained onstage and continued to play for 2 1/2 hours after getting piss bottles thrown at them is a good sign; if this was 2002, he would have been off the stage after the 1st bottle landed and the sound problems emerged

yeah... that was a great sign imo. do you remember when axl got spat in the eye by some drunken idiot in new york? he reportedly ran out of the club with a weird expression on his face..... i`ve to admit i was a little worried back then... althought he didn`t beat that guy up....plus he didn`t beat tommy hilfigger up hihi
Nope.

I hope it does, but to tell you the truth... Tongue

i just read that the developers were offered 500.000 bucks more if they finish the game this years or something like that. they once would`ve gotten 6 million$ for delivering the game and now it`s only 4,25 million$..... i don`t know if soon?s the word though hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »

to echo pilferk, when you see axl at these shows he seems genuinely happy and confident with the band he has, he's always smile and interacting with his bandmates and audience...i think he's probably at the best place he's been mentally for along time, and he's given multiple remarks since january about the record coming out this year. i guess if stage demeanor and public appearence mean anything, then there's an extremely good chance we'll be seeing the album in the fall before they start the North American Tour.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: