Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:03:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Behind the Music
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind the Music  (Read 5091 times)
brock
Banned
Rocker

« on: June 12, 2006, 03:52:46 PM »

I was watching this on Tivo tonight for the 100th time, and i wondered if anyone knew When or Where the incident with Slash turning blue and dying occured?! I never heard about this at the time and they don't mention it on the show.

I saw a quote from Duff about it..

"Bassist DUFF McKAGAN explains, "Scott came to us and said 'I've got a f***ing problem that's gotten out of control. I want to do this but I need help.'

"He was at the end of the road. There are no old heroin addicts - they're all dead."

"But I've been an addict. Slash has been an addict. Slash died once before a show, and they resuscitated him and he said 'Man, I've got a show to do!' And he got up and did the show."

And Axl in Rio, 2001..

"With Slash it wasn't much different, addicted to drugs and alcohol, the guitarist disagreed with the direction of the band:

- Nothing about happiness and love made sense to him. That was the reason why he hated "Sweet Child O' Mine". He only wanted to write songs about drugs and sadness.

The start of the fight between them, was the hospilization of the guitarist in 1992, because of an overdose.

- Do you remember that movie "Pulp Fiction"? He needed to get an injection in the heart like in the movie - he said."

Origen
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 04:08:56 PM »

Slash has "died" about 4 or 5 times now. I think the closest he came was during 2000/1 when he was with Snakepit. He also has had a mild heart attack (I think) and during 2001 he had to have an angioplasty operation, the one where they stick a balloon in your arteries and expand them to unblock them.

Anyway I think the time you mean, which is talked about on Behind the Music was before the San Francisco gig in 1991. Apparently he "died" and was admitted to the hospital, but discharge himself the same day to play the gig, but that might be a different time I'm not sure about it all.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:12:43 PM by Origen » Logged
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 04:22:42 PM »

Very interesting!

I wonder if anyone knows with certainty which incident they mention in Behind the Music...likely was the one you mentioned, but just curious, i have heard someone else mention Pittsburgh...
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »

slash is a fag!!!!!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 04:40:52 PM »

slash is a fag!!!!!!!

that would be Steven Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »

I love it slash can't die, he's like a cat.. hihi

he has super drinking powers
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:04:04 PM »

rofl
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »

It's unbelievable, all that and he looks younger and in better shape than any 40-year old I know.  WTF?
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »

He propably has 9 lives and no since he has wasted already 4 or 5 he hast to spare atleast couple so he can see his 60th anniversary  Tongue

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 05:15:36 PM »

slash looks old for me  Undecided

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:43:43 PM »

Damn dude! Wtf?! Why would anyone do shit like that to their body?
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 05:48:08 PM »

^cause its all fun and games until you die a few times lol  rofl

StoneTempleRoses

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 05:52:52 PM »

It's unbelievable, all that and he looks younger and in better shape than any 40-year old I know.? WTF?

yeah... he?s looking pretty good for a 40 year old guy... not as Axl, cos sadly we can see that he has aged... his face his kinda different, well he is still axl but he?s different, the look all of that lol, I just can?t see the old axl in this one  Undecided... Only when he starts singing... like in RiR... we was very close to me and I thought "god, he has aged man" but then, I closed my eyes and it was like it was the old axl again lol... pretty stupid aint it? but thats what I did... oh and talking about aging... for me matt is the man, he looks so much fitter and young then by the 90s with that curly hair u kno... lol god isnt this all off topic?? Lol  Tongue

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 06:19:17 PM »

Yeh he's 'died' a few times now. I think on BTM they say it was after a show though don't they, isn't it Tom Zutaut that says he got a call at 4 in the morning to say Slash was dead in the lobby and the paramedics did the pulp fiction adrenaline thing. I read or saw an interview by Slash fairly recently where he said that after he'd died for like the 5th time and survived he thought somebody keeps saving me for a reason I've been really lucky and shouldn't throw away all these chances and had been clean ever since.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 06:34:06 PM »

Yeh he's 'died' a few times now. I think on BTM they say it was after a show though don't they, isn't it Tom Zutaut that says he got a call at 4 in the morning to say Slash was dead in the lobby and the paramedics did the pulp fiction adrenaline thing. I read or saw an interview by Slash fairly recently where he said that after he'd died for like the 5th time and survived he thought somebody keeps saving me for a reason I've been really lucky and shouldn't throw away all these chances and had been clean ever since.

Took him that long, eh? Well he's pretty smart. yes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 06:39:41 PM »

He still does crank...and drinks.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 06:45:46 PM »

It's unbelievable, all that and he looks younger and in better shape than any 40-year old I know.  WTF?

Duff is in way better shape than Slash, or any of the original Gunners for that matter. Its amazing to see how he has changed from the UYI days.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 07:07:47 PM »

It's unbelievable, all that and he looks younger and in better shape than any 40-year old I know.? WTF?

Duff is in way better shape than Slash, or any of the original Gunners for that matter. Its amazing to see how he has changed from the UYI days.

He looked awful for a time though possibly mid 90's he looked like he was going to die any minute  nervous

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »

Duff looked like a ghost.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 07:32:11 PM »

It was John Reese, their tour manager that got the call, not Tom Zutat
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: