Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  whats wrong with people? check your history
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: whats wrong with people? check your history  (Read 1761 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« on: June 12, 2006, 03:36:41 PM »

Sorry for a rant, but I am sorry it means alot to me. I started a thread earlier, titled, was Axl sentimental... The point of the topic was to simply ascertain if Axl made any reference on Sunday relating to the last time he played Donington, that being 1988 when tragically 2 kids were killed....

As a newbee to this forum would expect that my threads not to be taken too seriously... thats ok.. No problem.

However, I was at Donington 1988, in fact I had seen the band a couple of time prior to that performance and they had already made a massive impact in my life. The Donington gig was memorable for so many reasons, firstly, it was GN'R's biggest gig outside the US. Whilst conservative reports suggested there were 80,000 people there, it is now suggested 110,000 attended the show... If you don't know the big screens stopped working early into the show.. When GN'R hit the stage there was a mass surge towards the stage. It was probably during that point 2 fans died...Dozens were carried over the barriers, missles were being thrown etc..etc.  This could have happened again this past weekend. Thank god everyone was safe including the band, despite some morons wanting to try to cause problems. Those arrested deserve the punishment they will receive. If you can't take your booze, dont order it!

sorry, back to my point, to have people respond to the thread, with comments such; Axl wasnt too concerned in about the events in 1988 breaks my heart.... All the fans young and old should respect the past. It is vital ingredient to GN'R history... Show some respect people please....

Keep em under your wheels.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 03:41:50 PM »

the PC video looks abit hetic, i feel for those people. i remember reading axl saying how it was one of the worst times in his life, coming off stage at the biggest high in his life to being told 2people died being the biggest low in a few seconds

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 03:44:58 PM »

hectic doesnt cut it... there was mud upto the top of my shins.. you were treading mud... As a young kid at the show remeber being scared like crazy.. Just made me think about it this past weekend.. I am glad I went to Dublin instead of Doningon on this occasion...

Keep em under your wheels.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »

yes it was a huge pivotal moment in GNRs career

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Origen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 04:11:34 PM »

It was said that Axl was quite comfortable given interviews before this event. But he turned against the press when the media blamed the band/Axl for the deaths.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 04:16:26 PM »

can't say I blame Axl for turning on the press; it's not like he was in the pits crushing people

love how the press likes to lay blame on the band when an obvious horrible accident happens
estranged.1098
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 04:27:48 PM »

How anyone can blame the band for that is beyond me.
Elrothiel
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 07:27:43 PM »

Its always "blame the band" with the press. Its almost as if they're trying to say "because those people were fans of this band, they died, if they had not been fans of this band, they would still be alive" shit, and trying to brainwash everyone into thinking that, and therefore turning people AGAINST the band.

Motherfucking cuntish assholes!
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 07:47:12 PM »

i would be disturbing him not making reference to 1988 last night were it not for the fact that izzy was there. i posted in the donnington thread that i felt the setlist and izzys appearance were (in part at least) motivated by the setting. and if this is the case then its maybe understandable that he didnt reference 1988 - that he was letting the show and the music heal some of the scars.

no?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: