Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:19:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  riyadh is an option for the shows
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: riyadh is an option for the shows  (Read 5410 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 12:13:31 PM »

I just wanna know why half of the people that "love" this song spell it "Riyadh" as opposed to the correct spelling of Rhiad.

The proper spelling is riyadh just because the set list spells it wrong doesnt mean its correct. Look it up on google. Its riyadh.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
estranged.1098
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 12:22:44 PM »

I just wanna know why half of the people that "love" this song spell it "Riyadh" as opposed to the correct spelling of Rhiad.

The proper spelling is riyadh just because the set list spells it wrong doesnt mean its correct. Look it up on google. Its riyadh.

Exactly, that set list spells Nightrain wrong too.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »

I think they should throw it in the setlist and subtract a solo or two, maybe the Fortus/Finck "Beautiful" solo should get taken out, I didn't really care for it when I saw GnR at Hammerstein.
ROSE22
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 03:30:15 PM »

beautiful should stay imo but the other noodling can get discarded. don't need a solo before sweet child or the other stuff. godfather was a staple for so long and a great choice at that. maybe beautiful can fill that void for now even though nothing seguays into it all that well. with godfather you could go into rocket queen, pretty tied up, bad obsession.........anything with drum intro. 
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 04:04:43 PM »

anyone know what the numbers near the song names meam?  hihi

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2006, 01:11:32 AM »

Did you not understand that this track was still unfinished? If you think the music is pretty good you should be looking forward to see how the song evolved, instead of automatically assuming it will be on the album (and complaining about that).

Also, the band is working on 32 songs, don't assume you know the name of 9 that will be on the album.
We have went over why there is a strong possibility that Riyadh could be on the album. Read that thread before automatically jumping on me with your usual criticizm.

Richard wrote in an e-mail (in a year? or in two years?) that Rhiad was A-listed. I think it'll be on CD, otherwise Axl didn't make Ron learn the song.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 01:20:50 AM »

anyone know what the numbers near the song names meam?  hihi

Thats what Im wondering.

I have the idea that it might be priority numbers with 1 being the highest (all the essentials are listed as "1" if I remember correctly). Then again, IRS at 9? Hmm.

EDIT: Upon review, that idea is actually ridiculous. Maybe its a guide for the lighting, with different numbers meaning different lighting settings?

Whatever it is, Im curious.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:23:27 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:47 AM »

im sure your right

i doubt it has to do with the order of the songs and stuff..

probably about the lighting or something technical..

nothing important  Roll Eyes
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2006, 07:19:15 AM »

Id just like to say that i love Rhaid...ive allways said id love to hear a studio version.. beer
I hope its on CD..I dont think CITR will be on cd..Didnt Axl say it would be on the second cd?? peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2006, 08:20:28 AM »

Where would someone look that up since there's no official source that I know of?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2006, 08:22:24 AM »

Where would someone look that up since there's no official source that I know of?
The dictionary or a world map.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2006, 08:26:21 AM »

The dictionary or a world map.

I see. Thanks for the info.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 08:49:53 AM »

I've only heard 1 version of this song, I'm not sure when it is from or anything, but it sounds quite good. Not one of my favourites from the new ones, probably out of all of the ones that they have in the 'maybe' list, and the new ones they play in the set, it would be my least favourite. However, I think that they will have improved this song (which I already think is pretty good, don't get me wrong!) '02, actually, really it is pretty inevitable, as Axl's voice has improved since then. I'm sure they will throw it in the set soon enough. Actually, I'm quite surprised they didn't play it at Download, since Axl was obviousley enjoying himself, "I don't want to go home" and they played everything else on that list. Looks like we won't be hearing much Silkworms from now on!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2006, 11:43:28 PM »

I asked Bumblefoot if they were going to play Rhiad (I mentioned him learning it and sent him that picture of the setlist) and this is what he replied:

<< You guys rocked at Download.

Thanks so much! We did our thang, didn't let anyone or anything stop us Smiley

<< Hey, play Rhiad already.

lol! In time... Smiley

bbf
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:49:09 PM by Tomorrows » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2006, 11:44:25 PM »

I asked Bumblefoot if they were going to play Rhiad (I mentioned him learning it and sent him that picture of the setlist) and this is what he replied:

lol! In time... Smiley

bbf

You should ask him if they ever rehearsed it with Axl singing it... and asked him how he thought it sounded.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 12:18:05 AM »

Personally, I'm not a fan of the song.  In my opinion, it's easily forgettable and rather dull.  I would much rather hear it left off the setlist if it meant TWAT was performed.  For some reason, I've got this funny feeling that when I'm at the Paris show, they'll play it.  I was at the Detroit show when they performed it any my opinion didn't change much.  Please play TWAT and then if you really want to, play Rhiad...

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2006, 12:38:01 AM »

In the trunk interview axl said they were practicing a song from the 3rd album. Any chance they were talking about riyadh here.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I&#039;ve got is precious time

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2006, 12:48:43 AM »

In the trunk interview axl said they were practicing a song from the 3rd album. Any chance they were talking about riyadh here.

He said working on. I think it was a new song they were writing

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RichardNixon
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2006, 01:06:07 AM »

I wonder if Ron will get to play on Riyadh, if it makes it to the third album.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »

Oh, cocking hell. Y'mean we could've had TWAT or IRS at Dublin? Arse.  rant

SG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: