Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  riyadh is an option for the shows
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: riyadh is an option for the shows  (Read 5440 times)
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 11:27:37 PM »

id love a studio ryhiads

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
estranged.1098
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 11:43:23 PM »

Does this mean its going to be on CD

It seems a lot of people are assuming that, but I don't think so. In my opinion that list of 7 songs means two things:

1) Rhiad has the same chance of being on the album today as it did in 2001, when they first played it.

2) Oh My God and Silkworms are very likely to not be on the album.

Now, regarding 1), I don't think the chances are that good, considering they don't play the song very often. They're working on 32 songs to be on the album, so the final list could be anything.

And for those who don't know yet, when the song was first played Axl introduced it by saing "This is totally under development" or something along those lines. I can't wait to hear a demo of it.

EFISH
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 11:46:45 PM »

i personally think it will be on the album and is probably alot different than 01 and alot better!

also.. demo-wise...

we will not hear any more demo's of CD. nothing more until it is released.

Theyve slipped once, and there not going to let it happen again.
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 12:02:34 AM »

the one i PMd to him was the best

So can u share with everybdoy or tell from what gig it was?

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 12:03:50 AM »

dave, are you interested in another one of our Riyadh debates? rofl

I do not think this song is album worthy, especially on an album that has 13 tracks. Sounds like filler to me. nervous If it was a double album, then I could see there being room for it. But with supposedly 20 "A-List" tracks, I see no reason whatsoever how Riyadh comes into the equation. This song is such a fucking mess. The music is pretty good, but the lyrics are absolute garbage.

In my opinion, it will be on the album. With CD supposedly coming out in a few months, there is no reason to consider playing new songs that wont be on the album. Which means Madagascar will likely make the album as well. If this is correct, here is Cd so far:

CD
IRS
The Blues
TWAT
Better
Madagascar
Riyadh

Thats 7 songs on a 13 track album. Add This I Love and Prostitute, thats 9. Only leaves room for 4 more. General? Thyme? Seven? CITR? There's also a few more I cant remember at the moment. At what point were possible "Big Guns" decided to be scrapped in favor of Riyadh?

Having said that, I would like to hear a studio version of this song. I would like to hear how the vocals sound on the song, and also to see if any changes were made to those amateur lyrics. But I think it is more worthy of a demo leak, a B side, or a soundtrack. I dont think it is worthy of being on the most mythical album in history.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:07:13 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 12:19:02 AM »

I do not think this song is album worthy, especially on an album that has 13 tracks. Sounds like filler to me. nervous If it was a double album, then I could see there being room for it.

If it were a triple album I wouldn't use it as an excuse for filler considering the obvious.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 12:23:03 AM »

I do not think this song is album worthy, especially on an album that has 13 tracks. Sounds like filler to me. nervous If it was a double album, then I could see there being room for it. But with supposedly 20 "A-List" tracks, I see no reason whatsoever how Riyadh comes into the equation. This song is such a fucking mess. The music is pretty good, but the lyrics are absolute garbage.

Its hard to make a judgement on whether it will be album worthy from just the live cuts weve heard (obviously). It was clearly a work in progress then, but I think its got a lot of potential. For one thing, its using Axl's voice in ways we havent heard before. It could turn out very interesting.

But, one objection I would have to it so far is that it really doesnt suit the mood of the album (if the likely candidates such as Chinese Democracy, Better, TWAT etc. are considered representative of CD). Same reason I wouldnt want CITR on the album as it is right now.

But who knows, considering how little we know of whats happened to either the song or the album in the last 4 years, its hard to say  nervous
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 12:28:28 AM »

But, one objection I would have to it so far is that it really doesnt suit the mood of the album (if the likely candidates such as Chinese Democracy, Better, TWAT etc. are considered representative of CD). Same reason I wouldnt want CITR on the album as it is right now.
Good point, and I feel the same. I have listened to all the CD songs in a row, and songs(in my opinion) that kill the flow are Madagascar, Riyadh, and TWAT. But I think CITR fits in nicely. I guess we all have varying opinions on why certain songs fit, and others dont. There will be some interesting debates when the album is released. smoking beer

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 12:36:44 AM »

Good point, and I feel the same. I have listened to all the CD songs in a row, and songs(in my opinion) that kill the flow are Madagascar, Riyadh, and TWAT. But I think CITR fits in nicely. I guess we all have varying opinions on why certain songs fit, and others dont. There will be some interesting debates when the album is released. smoking beer

You never know though, I think with just a little production tweaking they could all fit very well in the album. Thats the hard thing about making an album for so long, which I honestly believe has been happening. As easy as it is to conclude, I dont think the band has just been dicking around and these leaking demos from different times support that work is being done. Anyway, as a result CD is getting songs coming from very different times and places and they might not fit as a cohesive album. Its almost like a greatest hits album where weve never heard the stuff. The upside of course of having a long production time is there are more songs to choose from hopefully.

But, who knows. I like to speculate about CD (why I think were here) but I have no fucking clue as to what it will be like in the end. I am confident that itll be good, but if not, Ill make myself like it  beer
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 12:44:16 AM »

In my opinion, it will be on the album. With CD supposedly coming out in a few months, there is no reason to consider playing new songs that wont be on the album. Which means Madagascar will likely make the album as well. If this is correct, here is Cd so far:

CD
IRS
The Blues
TWAT
Better
Madagascar
Riyadh

Thats 7 songs on a 13 track album. Add This I Love and Prostitute, thats 9. Only leaves room for 4 more. General? Thyme? Seven? CITR? There's also a few more I cant remember at the moment. At what point were possible "Big Guns" decided to be scrapped in favor of Riyadh?

Having said that, I would like to hear a studio version of this song. I would like to hear how the vocals sound on the song, and also to see if any changes were made to those amateur lyrics. But I think it is more worthy of a demo leak, a B side, or a soundtrack. I dont think it is worthy of being on the most mythical album in history.

Yeah you lost the last riyadh debate when 70% of the forum liked the song and 30% didnt when you claimed everyone hated the song, you got owned on that one? rofl

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 12:48:51 AM »

I want Riad to be released for sure at least as a b side.....

Im dying to hear a studio version of that song.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 12:58:22 AM »

Yeah you lost the last riyadh debate when 70% of the forum liked the song and 30% didnt when you claimed everyone hated the song, you got owned on that one? rofl
I didn't lose shit, dave. You were losing the debate, and then you had to have Jarmo let you do a little poll that about 20 people voted in. I consider all the disinterest in the poll as a 'No' against Riyadh. ok

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 12:59:47 AM »

I didn't lose shit, dave. You were losing the debate, and then you had to have Jarmo let you do a little poll that about 20 people voted in. I consider all the disinterest in the poll as a 'No' against Riyadh. ok

Do you really want to do the poll again? Over 60 people voted in the poll not 20. I dont now why you have to lie. Just look at this thread for example, pretty much everyone likes the song. Go ahead and make the poll. Oh and your little comment about the disinterest in the poll, yeah I guess 60 people voting was not good enough for you  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:03:48 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

Do you really want to do the poll again? Over 60 people voted in the poll not 20. I dont now why you have to lie.
It wasn't an intentional lie. rofl That was over a year ago. I dont remember the exact number. You must have the memory of an elephant. hihi

Bring on the new poll. ok smoking beer

estranged.1098
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 01:03:41 AM »

Did you not understand that this track was still unfinished? If you think the music is pretty good you should be looking forward to see how the song evolved, instead of automatically assuming it will be on the album (and complaining about that).

Also, the band is working on 32 songs, don't assume you know the name of 9 that will be on the album.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 01:06:09 AM »

Did you not understand that this track was still unfinished? If you think the music is pretty good you should be looking forward to see how the song evolved, instead of automatically assuming it will be on the album (and complaining about that).

Also, the band is working on 32 songs, don't assume you know the name of 9 that will be on the album.
We have went over why there is a strong possibility that Riyadh could be on the album. Read that thread before automatically jumping on me with your usual criticizm.

Nevesis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 07:31:09 AM »

It saddens me that their still dragging that awful mess with them, and that it, is considered an equal to TWAT as an alternative
I'm also starting to wonder exactly how many songs as he done, considering we ain't heard anything new and this song is still been carried  no
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 11:05:47 AM »

I just wanna know why half of the people that "love" this song spell it "Riyadh" as opposed to the correct spelling of Rhiad.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:43 AM »

I just wanna know why half of the people that "love" this song spell it "Riyadh" as opposed to the correct spelling of Rhiad.
Because Riyadh is the correct spelling.

godiva
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 11:25:11 AM »

Maybe because it's a difficult word to spell Roll Eyes

I think it is hard to vote either way on this way. All we have are some bootlegs, no demos, no studio sounds, we don't know how much of the song has changed over the past few years. I'll hold my judgement until it is released or played in one of the gigs. I do have to say, so far, I'm not a big fans. Haven;t listened to the song in ages, which would be an indication that it never stuck on me. I do listen to the boots of the Blues, and the leaks of Better and CITR. But again, maybe I will absolutely head over heels in love with this song once I hear the studio version.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: