Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 12:49:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006  (Read 183566 times)
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #480 on: May 11, 2006, 12:21:12 PM »

Why are all you guys fucking moaning so much? I think we all realise the support sucks, but you're getting to see GnR aren't you?! Personally i couldn't give a flying fuck who's supporting just be glad you get to see Axl and the boys in Ireland for the first time since UYI.
gnr2k6
« Reply #481 on: May 11, 2006, 12:38:14 PM »

i was moaning at the fact that the arena is laid out shit! a seperate part just for moshing...what a pile of crap !it should just general admission everywhere!
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #482 on: May 11, 2006, 12:43:57 PM »

I don't see that's such a big deal, every rock n roll concert I've ever been to has had a moshpit and it's not a big deal, nobody even moshes in the things! It's just a designated area to be close to the stage is all, you get in if you're there early
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #483 on: May 11, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »

how do you get into pit standing??
and it must be hell of a size if theres another stage at the same time!!
this is being turned from a gn'r gig to a day with shit bands playing finished by the best band.

dude, will you relax and stop crying

this was never a gnr day, it was always download, iv been at it twice

this is the first year there will be 2 days and 2 stages, this event is getting bigger every year which is why there are 2 stages and 2 days, if you dont like it dont go

i was moaning at the fact that the arena is laid out shit! a seperate part just for moshing...what a pile of crap !it should just general admission everywhere!

have you actually been to a gig before??

i dont see what your problem is, even if it was just a gnr gig and not a festival, there would still be support acts playing so whats the difference??

also, iv never ever been to a concert/festival where there wasnt a pit, so get over it
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:53:59 PM by Shoco » Logged
gnr2k6
« Reply #484 on: May 11, 2006, 12:57:53 PM »

of course iv been to gigs before -and probably more than you as i work for the charlatans!
im not bothered about support im just pissed that its been laid out so poor!
and if memoery serves this was first billed as a GNR GIG not download to the normal person like myself or others here.....
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #485 on: May 11, 2006, 01:02:17 PM »

of course iv been to gigs before -and probably more than you as i work for the charlatans!
im not bothered about support im just pissed that its been laid out so poor!
and if memoery serves this was first billed as a GNR GIG not download to the normal person like myself or others here.....

well good for you, but since i live here and heard the advertisments, seen the advertisments in papers and have been at it before i can confirm its always been part of download, and just for the record metallica was announced before gnr and it was advertised as download with metallica headlining

oh and theres nothing wrong with the layout, youl see when you get there
gnr2k6
« Reply #486 on: May 11, 2006, 01:06:53 PM »

ok no probs sorry if i pissed any1 off!
just a question tho shocco have you been in the pit area before and if so did u have to que to get in there?what time will u get there this year?
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #487 on: May 11, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »

i have been in the pit once, but not at any of the download shows, i arrived late enough and one of my friends was lucky enough to get 4 passes for the pit, she was a girl and not the tallest so thats prob how she got them, otherwise id imagine youd have to be there early to have a chance of getting one

i probably wont go in until about 6 or seven, im not bothered about getting into the pit

the tourist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #488 on: May 11, 2006, 01:31:30 PM »

shoco... are there big video screens?? and what where the headliners last year??
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #489 on: May 11, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »

shoco... are there big video screens?? and what where the headliners last year??

wasnt here last year but iron maiden headlined, i was there the two years before that when metallica headlined both times and yeah im pretty sure there was a screen each side of the stage, or it may have been in the middle but there was a screen yeah
the tourist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #490 on: May 11, 2006, 01:40:47 PM »

allright thanks ok?

one question was the date last year 31/08/2005  or the same as this year??
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:45:43 PM by the tourist » Logged
the tourist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #491 on: May 11, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »

i've just seen a couple of pic from the iron maiden show at the rds arena from last year(it was the same festival only now it's download..and it fucking blows man
the stage was packet with maiden stuff...(the stage for me is very inportent) so that will also be with guns!! i think is gonna be a great day ok with a great show can't wait? Smiley
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #492 on: May 11, 2006, 05:21:26 PM »

okay shoco:

where do you think the best place would be to stay where you could still see something but not get your ass kicked by moshers?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #493 on: May 11, 2006, 05:26:34 PM »

well is there really gonna be a load of moshing at at guns gig?? im not so sure

but the back of the pit if you get in, or anywhere in general crowd id imagine youd be ok
gnr2k6
« Reply #494 on: May 11, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »

i dont know about u guys but when i hear those opening notes of jungle im gonna go fucking ape shit!
anythinggoes
« Reply #495 on: May 11, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »

i dont know about u guys but when i hear those opening notes of jungle im gonna go fucking ape shit!

fuck yeah ill be going as crazy as a motherfucker (whatever that looks like nervous) and i wont stop till Axl has thrown the Mic into the crowd after Paradise city hihi beer drool
rotmail.co.uk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #496 on: May 12, 2006, 08:19:30 AM »

Hello people,

I usually go on cd.com but I decided to go on holiday for a bit.

I'm going to the Dublin concert. Whats going on for beers afterwards? Are there any people heading into Temple Bar to get wasted.

My flight leaves at 8am on Saturday and I dont wanna sit around like billy no mates at the airport.

Whats the crack?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #497 on: May 12, 2006, 08:40:08 AM »

good question! my ferry leaves at around 8 am saturday mornin and we were plannin on finding a park bench or summit.itd be better to have a good piss up.so wheres open all hours?

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #498 on: May 12, 2006, 10:23:03 AM »

i have been in the pit once, but not at any of the download shows, i arrived late enough and one of my friends was lucky enough to get 4 passes for the pit, she was a girl and not the tallest so thats prob how she got them, otherwise id imagine youd have to be there early to have a chance of getting one

i probably wont go in until about 6 or seven, im not bothered about getting into the pit

do you know if download has a CLOSED pit? coz in Belgium there was also a pit but that one remaind open through the entire day....so it got really crowded unfortunatly...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
rotmail.co.uk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #499 on: May 12, 2006, 10:46:53 AM »

good question! my ferry leaves at around 8 am saturday mornin and we were plannin on finding a park bench or summit.itd be better to have a good piss up.so wheres open all hours?

Last time I went to Dublin these girls we met mentioned an all night bar but we never found out where it was. I reckon we bundle into Temple Bar, all meet outside the Hard Rock cafe and go from there. Some Irish people will take pity on us and show us the ropes.

Its gonna be rammed with people cos Robbie Williams is gonna be playing that weekend and he likes to get big crowds (likes to make up for smaller things I think)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: