Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:27:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl, Duff, Matt & Slash all at Download (RUMOUR, TOPIC LOCKED)!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl, Duff, Matt & Slash all at Download (RUMOUR, TOPIC LOCKED)!  (Read 10909 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2006, 03:56:12 AM »

well Download could just be a precursor to get the ball rolling - a feel period to test the waters?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2006, 04:09:59 AM »

well Download could just be a precursor to get the ball rolling - a feel period to test the waters?

Something that big wouldn't have a "test period".  They would rehearse in undisclosed locations where no one in the public could be near them.  If they did something at Download (they won't), it would make a reunion down the line a little less appealing.  There would be mp3's, maybe video clips that would spoil the suprise for some people, and take some of the shock value away.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 04:13:45 AM »

No reunion, please.

Thanks.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 04:15:47 AM »

A reunion would of course be amazing, but it would be awful for the new band. They're already known as "just a load of musicians" and aren't widely accepted as Guns n Roses. Would they ever be taken seriosuly if they were over shadowed by the original line up at Download?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 04:20:07 AM »

I don't think a short reunion would hurt new GNR. They can just resume where they left off after the reunion is over.

mmm... how could that be though? It would be a major buzz if a real Guns reunion happened which would equal major buzzkill for the hired band? these guys already have a huge uphill battle ahead convincing the world of their worth? A reunion of real Guns would surely set them back to sqauare 1
Good point. If the buzz was really that huge, then Axl might consider having the reunion be permanent, and maybe releasing CD before a full blown reunion tour. But if it was decided beforehand that the reunion is just for one or a couple shows regardless of what happens, then I think new GNR could survive. But like Ive said before, if you're going to play AFD every night, you might as well get the people who were involved in it.

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2006, 04:20:50 AM »

ok, to say that i would't want to see areunion would mean i'm fuckin crazy. i think that would be the greatest thing in rock.

but then if it happened everybody will go on and pressure those guys to get back and make an album toghether or to do more shows, and nobody will care about the new guys anymore, and we'll probably get chinese democracy at christmas 2015. i personally want to hear cd because it sounds like a great album. then i'm all for the reunion

DemocracyRose
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2006, 04:21:07 AM »

The reunion is not gonna happen...

But maybe Slash or Duff will join them for a couple of tracks...
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2006, 04:21:20 AM »

Where is the fucking SOURCE.Some people the the DUMBEST motherfuckers who don't have any proof to back them up and started talking about this REUNION shit.......
EFISH
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2006, 04:22:51 AM »

Where is the fucking SOURCE.Some people the the DUMBEST motherfuckers who don't have any proof to back them up and started talking about this REUNION shit.......

come on now.. be nice

no need for that here rant
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2006, 04:23:44 AM »

i really hope that a reunion doesnt happen, i dont think its the right time for that
EFISH
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2006, 04:25:58 AM »

your right.
it ISNT the right time for it.

It is probably the worst possible time.

and that is why it wont happen.
Not yet.

but it will happen, eventually.. we all know this.

You cant blame us for getting excited.. i mean of course its not the right time... but it would still be the most extravagant..orgasmic experience if they reunited on stage tomorow.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2006, 04:26:26 AM »

The source is someone who was there and seen it. Where were you when all the fake insiders were spewing shit? rofl
i really hope that a reunion doesnt happen, i dont think its the right time for that
I feel the same. beer

Steel_Angel
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2006, 04:27:03 AM »

id rather just see duff on stage with guns..
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2006, 04:34:02 AM »

No man i really mean it.Im really pissed seeing people getting hyped in the news that is not even TRUE and i guerrenty you all that you all will be sad when there won't be REUNION today........MARK MY WORD{NO REUNION ANY TIME SOON}
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2006, 04:47:37 AM »

I'm not marking anybody's word. If someone had said Izzy was going to be with GNR in NY, people would have been saying, "Mark my words. Its not going to happen". Anything can happen in the world of GNR, and now that things are happening, thats why all the fake insiders have shut up. Its so easy to be proven wrong when GNR are active.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2006, 04:51:04 AM »

I'd be pissed if there was a reunion at this point, personally.

Eventually? Yes-  when Axl's getting ready to retire, then by all means, get the original band together for one last run through, and call it a day.

THIS IS THE NEW BAND'S TIME. Chinese Democracy is a few months away - let the new band shine!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2006, 04:55:57 AM »

OH MY GOD!? Velvet Revolver have just appeared as surprise guests at the Download Festival!.? Duff is here with Alice in Chains.? Bearing in mind the earlier rumours that Axl was trying to get these guys together for this event (apparently talks stalled over contact differences), could it be happening people!!! I'm so excited I'm jumpin!!!!!? Got to get some sleep for another busy day tommorrow.?

Axl won't do that,because new guys don't deserve that

Who cares about duff and slash in gnr now.Ok i like these guys,but in velvet revolver,not in gnr 2006

I have never seen so many tree
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2006, 04:57:36 AM »

I'd be pissed if there was a reunion at this point, personally.

Eventually? Yes-? when Axl's getting ready to retire, then by all means, get the original band together for one last run through, and call it a day.

THIS IS THE NEW BAND'S TIME. Chinese Democracy is a few months away - let the new band shine!

Are you sure about that?? hihi

Lets hope for GNR's sake cuz we don't wanna wait another 5 years no

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2006, 04:57:57 AM »

Its not worth hoping for a reunion - put your effort into loving this band as it is.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2006, 05:00:54 AM »

eurphoria would happen if this did happen.....people have been saying this for ages now, i dont beleive this though, what would the point in a traditionally american band, do a 'small unpromoted suprise' gig in europe?

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: