Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  cool chit chat with from Ron, a lot of cool info from cd.com mr browstone
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: cool chit chat with from Ron, a lot of cool info from cd.com mr browstone  (Read 16641 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: June 10, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »

Thanks to mr. browstone from cd.com

I went to see Guns N' Roses perform in Dublin last night. After the show I was waiting around for my lift to arrive in the hotel across from the RDS (the Herbet hotel I think it was called). Robbie Williams was playing in Dublin last night too so the traffic was bad and I ended up waiting 2 hours - it didn't help that I had expected Guns N' Roses to come onstage at least an hour later than they did. I was sitting in the hotel lobby and after an hour or so the whole band minus Axl walked right in in front of me! My part of the lobby was pretty empty and no one else seemed to notice so me and my friend went over to reception to get some pens and by the time we got back only Ron was there. He talked to us for a while, signed our tickets and posed for some photos then he headed up to his room. We were still waiting for our lift when Finck came walking past on his way out of the hotel. He caught us a bit off guard and I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

A while later Ron came back down and sat with us while we waited to get picked up. He talked to us for about half an hour. I had heard he was friendly but really didn't expect this. He said he was waiting on the others to get ready to go out and thanked us for coming to the show. Like I said we were talking quite a while but here's some of the main things I asked him that might interest you:

Me: What was it like playing your first few shows with Guns? Where you really nervous?

Ron: Not really, it was more just the fact that I was literally learning the songs in the days before the shows and even when we were on stage I was still trying to pick it all up. There's a lot of expectation too I suppose with all the legacy behind us with Guns N' Roses and I'm trying to live up to that so it was tough the first few times.

Me: You weren't too bad tonight [laughs]

Ron: Thanks man [laughs].

Me: I think you fit the image of the band pretty well. I mean I suppose it helps you aren't wearing a bucket on your head so the fans probably accept you ok.

Ron: Yeh bucket head [laughs]. He's a cool guy really though. He's just this shy guy but he's a nice guy when you talk to him.

Me: Very talented too.

Ron: Yeh definitely!

Me: Do you think he wears the bucket cause he's shy or just cause he likes to be sort of mysterious?

Ron: I'd say it's probably a bit of both.

Me: Have you rerecorded Bucket's parts for the new album or will they still be on it?

Ron: No I came a bit too late for that to happen.

Me: So you should get your chance on the next album.

Ron: Yeh [laughs] but hopefully it won't take 10 years.

Me: Chinese Democracy's meant to come out in October some time is that right?

Ron: Around the end of September as far as I know.

Me: Have you learnt any new songs that you haven't played yet?

Ron: No I've only been given 7 to learn - Rhiyad, IRS, Better, The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and TWAT.

Me: What's your favourite out of those songs?

Ron: Probably Better, it's cool. I really like IRS too and TWAT, it's a good song too.

Me: Have you heard any of the rest of the album or only the new songs?

Ron: Just the new songs. It's wierd the way they did it. I had to listen to them on a laptop and the label's headquarters! I wasn't allowed to have copies of the songs for myself even!

A few people came up and asked Ron was he in the bad and was he a guitarist. They didn't seem to know who he was so I asked him did it annoy him getting asked that sort of stuff every night!

Ron: No it's just cool to see all these guys and its great to know that they enjoyed the show. Its fun just hanging out with them all.

Me: Where's Axl tonight?

Ron: He had to fly over to London for some party.

Me: How come the rest of you guys aren't going to the Party or did you not want to?

Ron: Axl's always going to lots of cool parties. Sometimes we go but I like hanging out with you guys after the show too.

At this point Dizzy came downstairs with a girl who Ron described as Dizzy's friend from New York (he was kissing her so maybe it's his girlfrienc). Ron introduced us and he talked for a bit, signe dour tickets and posed for photos. He was pretty intimidating looking cause he didn't smile and looked very serious (as you will see when I upload the photos!) but he turned out to be very friendly! Dizzy then left to go to a bar where they were all going to meet. Ron, great guy that he was, sat on talking with me and my friend.

Another guy that I didn't recognise was with Dizzy. After they left Ron mentioned that he was the person that had wrote the story the November Rain video is based on (can't remember the name right now).

A guy who looked to be at least 18 and his mum came over. His mum said 'my son wants to know if you're one of the guitarists in the band?' Ron said he was and then went to shake the guy's hand but the person kept backing away and covering his face and saying 'no way, I can't believe this'. Me and my friend just sat there laughing cause a minute ago this guy didn't even know who Ron was and now he was star struck! Ron seemed a bit embarrassed and said 'aw come on man don't be like that, it's cool, we're just hanging out'. He asked him his name and eventually the guy calmed down enough to get a photo taken and to thank Ron.

At last my lift arrived and we said goodbye, thanked him again and headed off! This might sound like I was interviewing him but it wasn't like that. We were just talking for ages and he was asking us stuff too like about college and instruments and what we wanted to do after college and things like that...but you don't want to hear about that!

I couldn't believe how cool and down to earth Ron was, I hope (if things work out for him) fame doesn't change this in the future. While we were talking a few people who were pretty drunk came over and one of them pulled down his pants and asked Ron to sign his ass. Ron dealt with it like a pro and handed the pen to a couple of girls standing nearby and got them to sign instead. The drunk guys kept invited Ron to come party with them at some club and one of them tried dragging him out of the hotel. Again he dealt with it like a pro and without getting angry. He told them he had to wait on the rest of the band and asked them where they would be and said he would meet them later. They left at last!

That's about all I can remember - well done if you read it all and sorry for the length but it was an amazing night! I can't vouch for how good Chinese Democracy will sound but I can say that Guns N' Roses sound as good now as they did in the 80s - vastly better than in 2002!

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 07:34:33 PM »

A few things stand out. Axl had him learn riyadh!!! I guess that means it could be on the album
Also another person saying its coming end of sept. That is cool!!!!
Lastely, i think its funny they didnt give him a cd to learn the songs, he had to learn them at interscope. Funny stuff but that is sothey dont leak. Smart move

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 07:38:56 PM »

that rocks.....September huh??  that would be cool...see Gn'R in L.A. and get the album, yeah, that would make it a great month, lol

Axl is God.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:42:38 PM »

i wouldnt put too much weight on the september date yet. seemed like a vague date thrown out there to the band and the fans. but id assume if things go to plan it'll become more likely.

another thing, this is just another in a series of reports of rons behaviour this tour. he does come across as a nice guy and that is something that is evident in the live shows as well - he has been welcomed into the band and is part of the group in a way bucket never was.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 07:43:40 PM »

i wouldnt put too much weight on the september date yet. seemed like a vague date thrown out there to the band and the fans. but id assume if things go to plan it'll become more likely.

another thing, this is just another in a series of reports of rons behaviour this tour. he does come across as a nice guy and that is something that is evident in the live shows as well - he has been welcomed into the band and is part of the group in a way bucket never was.

Yeah I agree Ron seems really cool and even with his own band he has always  been fan friendly

jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 07:44:31 PM »

NOW THAT IS A POST!!!!! That is what I want to read on a post. Not another topic about Axl's breath, voice,teeth, gums, etc.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:44:37 PM »

Funny thing is, he took a poke at his boss when he said I hope it doesn't take 10 years for the next album! hihi
estranged.1098
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:47:06 PM »

I'm going to e-mail the poor guy a few mp3's.  hihi
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »

Now that is fucking funny!!  hihi

Thanks to the original poster for taking the time to share that.. pretty cool read.  beer
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 07:53:38 PM »

Great post! Man, Ron is the kind of person we want to see in GN'R. An awesome dude!

estranged.1098, very funny. ?Smiley

Why does the singer in Avenged Sevenfold have a CD with 12 songs on it and Ron ?has to listen to them on a laptop at an office? ?Undecided
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 07:54:08 PM »

I wonder if tommy asked axl to play a song they have not in a while and axl joked no and said lets play ?better instead if that song was going to be riyadh. Its the one song on this tour they played ?in 2001 they have not played it. Id love to hearhow that song changed over the past few years

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »

Great post! Man, Ron is the kind of person we want to see in GN'R. An awesome dude!

Why does the singer in Avenged Sevenfold have a CD with 12 songs on it and Ron ?has to listen to them on a laptop at an office? ?Undecided

That is if you believe the guy from a7x

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks for posting, really nice story Smiley
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 07:57:01 PM »

I wonder if tommy asked axl to play a song they have not in a while and axl joked no and said lets play ?better instead if that song was going to be riyadh. Its the one song on this tour they played ?in 2001 they have not played it. Id love to hearhow that song changed over the past few years

id love to hear that song changed too.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 08:03:43 PM »

id love to hear that song changed too.

I would love to hear OMG for that matter, I would really like to know if they're still working on that song  Smiley
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 08:05:35 PM »

That is if you believe the guy from a7x

I have a CD with 12 songs on it as well.

Madagascar
The Blues
Rhiad...
Silkworms
CD
Oh My God
Catcher...
Better
TWAT
TWAT (alternate version)
IRS
IRS (alternate version)

Grin
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 08:05:38 PM »

well thats not really true, silkworms hasnt been played on this current tour (if you wanna call it a song) ?and i sure as hell hope they never play that racket again (sorry dizzy, but silkworms is crap)

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 08:09:46 PM »

how cool is this man?? You fucking rule!! and you?re fucking lucky too... thanks!!! Grin peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 08:19:27 PM »

well thats not really true, silkworms hasnt been played on this current tour (if you wanna call it a song) ?and i sure as hell hope they never play that racket again (sorry dizzy, but silkworms is crap)

They only played silkworms a few times, they played riyadh in 2002 in detriot.  I really hope they play it soon

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 08:20:56 PM »

At this point Dizzy came downstairs with a girl who Ron described as Dizzy's friend from New York (he was kissing her so maybe it's his girlfrienc). Ron introduced us and he talked for a bit, signe dour tickets and posed for photos. He was pretty intimidating looking cause he didn't smile and looked very serious (as you will see when I upload the photos!) but he turned out to be very friendly! Dizzy then left to go to a bar where they were all going to meet. Ron, great guy that he was, sat on talking with me and my friend.

Isn't Dizzy married or something?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: