Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT is new Paradise City?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT is new Paradise City?  (Read 13001 times)
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 10:05:24 PM »

nothing similar about them other than the singer is the same
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »

None of the new songs compare to the old ones? , and never will.? I doubt that if the old band got back? together that they could write songs as good as the old ones.? ?You guys get mad when? reviewers compare this band with the old one,? so i suggest we should not do it either.? ?This is a totally different band. it is not GNR ,? it is GNR by name only.? new songs are very cool? but nothing like the old tunes.? You guys should compare the new songs to other songs of the current music scene? not with the old material.? I don't understand why you kids keep trying to convince yourselves into thinking this band is or could be as good as the old one? .? ?That is being disrespectful to the past? and to the musicians that made us love GNR in the first place.? ?I guess you guys think Paul rogers+ Queen is a better band than? Freddie mercury's Queen? right???

Yea? Well what about hating the new members just because they arent the old ones? Isnt that being disrespectful to Axl?

if I didn't like this new band   I wouldn't be here.   Just because I don't think that they are near as good as the original  doesn't mean I don't like them.  I think they are better than most of the bands in the world right now, including VR.   You can't compare this band with the old one,  they are totally different  and Axl isn't the same guy he used to be.  Doesn't mean he still isn't an awesome frontman /performer  it's just that he is not the same hypnotic  rocker he once was.   Nothing wrong with that  , age is a bitch   it happens.
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 10:20:18 PM »

I think TWAT lies pretty much close to Sympathy For The Devil...almost similar voice like in 1994....

TWAT is my favorite song of all the leaked and all the played songs live!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 10:25:05 PM »

I like TWAT a lot but why do we need another Paradise City?  This might be a bad example but it's kind of like when people Say, "So and so is the next Michael Jordan."  There will never be another Michael Jordan just like there will never be another Paradise City.  Why can't it just be "The first" TWAT?  Ummmmm... 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 10:38:32 PM »

i agree lennonisgod, paradise was a great song in its time, and i still enjoy it live.  but twat has a whole different sound & vibe too it, and we havent even heard the final version that will be on the album.  sept 25th cant come soon enough!

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Born In The USA
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 10:42:04 PM »

TWAT reminds me of a song called The Long Face by Minus,it has a smooth cathcy groovin verse then a really harsh almost sounding misplaced chorus,but it works so I have hope for the TWAT finished recording,it could be a classic tune but I dont think it will top PC,but with that said this record is not supposed to replicate the past but build on it,it will take you into a new path of musical territory and thats why im excited as a fan of music its exciting to hear them go new places and see where it takes them,it would be boring to do anything again,its been done we dont need to buy the same record,if things arent written about were you are at in life it sounds contrived and boring and Axl doing the right thing by writing were hes at now,which makes GN'R great an honest integrity act,I think the other tunes will be even better I think this will go nicely with them,it seems Axl is painting up a pretty good picture,I cant wait to view what his minds been creating with the freedom hes had to record over the years
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 01:18:31 AM »

If it was a metal song, it would totally resemble And Justice For All.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 05:23:57 AM »

None of the new songs compare to the old ones? , and never will.? I doubt that if the old band got back? together that they could write songs as good as the old ones.? ?You guys get mad when? reviewers compare this band with the old one,? so i suggest we should not do it either.? ?This is a totally different band. it is not GNR ,? it is GNR by name only.? new songs are very cool? but nothing like the old tunes.? You guys should compare the new songs to other songs of the current music scene? not with the old material.? I don't understand why you kids keep trying to convince yourselves into thinking this band is or could be as good as the old one? .? ?That is being disrespectful to the past? and to the musicians that made us love GNR in the first place.? ?I guess you guys think Paul rogers+ Queen is a better band than? Freddie mercury's Queen? right???

Yea? Well what about hating the new members just because they arent the old ones? Isnt that being disrespectful to Axl?

I don't think it is.. Did axl expect eevryone to jump on board, he knew the risks of bringing back gnr who are worldy known with completly new people..

Axl has changed the band several times since 1999, 2001, 2002, 2006 (i don't care if certain people were temps) is all different bands in some way or another... I think it's more discrespectful to just take anyone you can and make it gnr so you can rake in the money and continue to do well and get more money from the label/....

The cool thing would have been for axl to start a new band and use a new name.... I know many can't see that because to them axl is gnr and the break up happened in stage instead of one mass walk out... Either way it all ended the same every member left..
Wolfpac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 12:00:25 PM »

'Well, Ive got news for you: My girlfriend is a total GnR hater (it strains our relationship, lol) and I just had the leaks playing and she was like "that isnt bad". Then she asked me to play TWAT again and she confessed she liked it.

The new band will work a magic on people I am now convinced.'

- Whether people like the new demos/leaks or not is a total crapshoot. I personally hate them. In an effort to try and give the new demos/leaks another chance I put them on repeat on the MP3 player a few weeks ago. I listened to them for about 2 hours straight until my bro came in from being annoyed at listening to it fro 2 hours straight on repeat in the next room. He was like, ' dude, can you turn that crap off? It sucks!'. I told him it was the new GNR demos/leaks and he in turn replied, 'Really? Damn, Axl should've never let the old members go'. Then he laughed his ass off. He loves the old GNR, he just didn't know about the new leaks/demos because he doesn't go on the internet about this stuff because he's more into videogames. Hey, I'm all for the new GNR succeeding but they gotta leak/put out better demos/leaks. These demos/leaks we're getting just isn't cutting it. I mean they're ok by today's standards but they pale in comparison the standards of the old stuff. TWAT needs to be totally redone and rewritten if it wants to be even mentioned in the same sentence as PC.?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:08:19 PM by Wolfpac » Logged
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »

she better be hot to justify goin out with a girl that doesnt like gnr......j/k
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 02:25:34 PM »

I have never once been reminded of Paradise City when listening to TWAT

To each their own! beer

the same here. 2 very different songs  peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »

Wolfpac, Let her know how amazing band this is. beer

Quote from: SWINGTRADER
it is not GNR ,  it is GNR by name only. ........... I don't understand why you kids keep trying to convince yourselves into thinking this band is or could be as good as the old one  .   That is being disrespectful to the past  and to the musicians that made us love GNR in the first place.   I guess you guys think Paul rogers+ Queen is a better band than  Freddie mercury's Queen  right?? 
Just because I don't think that they are near as good as the original  doesn't mean I don't like them.  I think they are better than most of the bands in the world right now, including VR.

How about converting the new to the old.:
Just because I don't think that they are near as good as the new band doesn't mean I don't like them.  I think they were better than most of the bands in the world at that time, including RHCP.   

In your logic,  to think, say GNR is better than Elvis would be disrespectful to the musician that made RNR.
Ever thought of the possibility that not everyone got into this band because of the former musicians?
true that it's no point in arguing over the old vs. the new crap.  Or rather any band A vs band B debate between the fans might be nonsense. Music is subjective.
Honestly, why certain people keep trying to convince us that this band isn't or can't be as good as / better than the old band so hard is beyond me. Such attempts are totally inadequate cos everyone has their own eyes, ears and heart. no matter how hard you try to prove that black is white, Some feel it as pink some as violet. Each to their own.

Quote from: SWINGTRADER
Nothing wrong with that  , age is a bitch   it happens.

Is it age that dims some of the old band fans sensibilities? Nothing wrong with that but they shouldn't force everyone to feel the same.

I don't see Age is being a bitch to Axl, his band mates or to many old GNR fans here.
Seeing them makes me think ageing is not bad at all.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 10:40:37 PM »

TWAT is nothing like Paradise.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 10:51:41 PM »

sept 25th cant come soon enough!

What's the significance of this date?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 11:09:55 PM »

First Staples Center show............

I hope Grin
ben9785
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 03:07:11 AM »

"TWAT" is not really similar to "Paradise City", but if you see it, that's great

It is a fucking amazing song though "TWAT"..if the album version sounds anything like (let alone better) than the album version, then it might become one of my favourite songs of all time....I can't stop listening to the demo..the lyrics, the vocals, the guitar solos.......I get lost in the song, i can relate to some of it as well...well my own interpretation anyway
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 06:45:03 AM »

if they manage to get that nostalgic-kick-ass-take-off-freeze-the-shit-out-of-mongis feeling the ending of TWAT has in live shows they can use that instead of PC... i think they can change when CD is out Wink

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 06:45:35 AM »

I have never once been reminded of Paradise City when listening to TWAT

To each their own! beer

Actually, I was listening to Paradise City and was reminded of TWAT.  Not so much theme, but the structures of the songs at least.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
darkmonth
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 08:02:16 AM »

I like TWAT a lot but why do we need another Paradise City?  This might be a bad example but it's kind of like when people Say, "So and so is the next Michael Jordan."  There will never be another Michael Jordan just like there will never be another Paradise City.  Why can't it just be "The first" TWAT?  Ummmmm... 

Probably the most perfect post I've ever read.  I 100% agree.  I LOVE There Was A Time, and it stands on it's own.  Smiley
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 10:15:29 AM »

IRS actually reminds me of Paradise City more than TWAT does.

The similarities between the two songs....
1) Both start out with an extremely popish intro that turns into hard rock
2) Axl's vocals in the verses of both songs are fast with hard rhymes, almost on the verge of rap
3) Both have choruses that are amongst the simplest to ever appear in a GN'R song
4) Both build up to a long scream toward the end of the song

I don't think IRS was intentionally meant to be similar to Paradise City, and I'd also say I don't think they aspired for it to be as big of a song. However, I do think it makes a lot better comparison than TWAT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: