Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL'S 2006 VOCALS---FINAL THREAD AND FINAL VERDICT ON THIS ISSUE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL'S 2006 VOCALS---FINAL THREAD AND FINAL VERDICT ON THIS ISSUE  (Read 1863 times)
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 10, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »

there have been many a thread devoted to this so lets make this the final one..I am sure like me a lot of the fans have now heard 1 or 2 shows this year so I am curious to what people think of Axl's vocals this year compared to previous.....................I personally think in 2002 Axl's vocals were mostly horrible and way too high pitched, he could not go deeper  or hoarse even when he tried to...It was embarrassing hearing him labor thru songs like 'out to get me or my michelle or nighttrain.........I think 87-93 Axl had the best vocals on tha planet.....i love hoarse Axl..even on shows when he would thrash his voice( orange county 88, rio 91, indiana 91, etc) it sounded better......very powerful..................I think 2006 that Axl's vocals are in between the late 80s, early 90s version and the 02 version............He is definitley better now then he wasin 02.....he can go horase and sing deeper when he wants to BUT there are still songs he labors thru with high pitchiness like 'out to get me' or the end of patience..........I think Axl can no longer sing for 2 hours a night in a strong, horse voice liek he used to BUT he can go back to the well maybe 70 percent of the time.....So we may get 8-10 songs like old vintage Axl and 4 or 5 songs where he cant handle it......Kind of like the pitcher who no longer throws 100 mph for 8 innings but can throw 100 for maybe 5 innings..............Hes much better but not all the way back..........OPINIONS?
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 02:34:54 PM »

well its hard to follow your train of thought, but i think i generally agree with you.

his voice last night really was superb. i saw him in 2002 and he was pretty hard going (and his VMA showing was really depressing in hindsight). the shriek was too much, and a constant at that.

last night i found his voice in closest aproximation to live like a suicide. there were still remnants of an squel that shouldnt be there. but overall he was excellent. his drinking (and maybe/probably dope use) has worked wonders.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 02:35:34 PM »

Its his breathing, give it a few more shows and he will be fine, his breathing while singing is off, he needs to figure it out, get it right....... which he will. The voice is there, we have all heard it!

Jonx
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

and the originallity award goes to............

Axl is God.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 02:44:34 PM »

@mikepatton
sorry to go offtopic, but how about turning off Caps Lock in Thread titles?

Thanks
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »

I'd have to dissagree saw them twice in 2002 then again Wed in London. ?I have no compaints about Axl's performance what-so-ever. ?I didn't dislike his vocals on the 2002 Tour. But it was obvious he didn't have that anger and grit. But he has that back now.
The only thing i miss from his performance now ?is the Jungle intro, which he did actually do a little of in London. But i guess the VMA's put an end to that. But felt to me like Axl holding back a little which is understandable with a tour really so no big deal. ?

But hey i think he is now 100% on form and i just hope his enjoyment of the shows means we will get the album soon.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 02:53:41 PM »

I think his voice sounds great. Will it ever be as powerful and cutting as 87-89 NO. WHY.... Because he is 44 years old. The sound that axl is known for abuses the vocals chords. It slams them together and causes nodes (which is  basically a calus). When your 26 your body can repair itself a lot quicker than when your 44.

Frankly i'm amazed that Axl sounds as great as he does considering the way he sings and performs. His voice hasn't sounded as good IMO since farm aid in 1990. And there was a stint in 93 when axl's voice was on top again. But 91-92 his voice sounded fucking trashed, Indiana 91... god... he sounded like he gargled with bleach before he went on stage.

So I personally think axl has gone way beyond expectation this round. He sounds and looks great, so stop the bitching already.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Fransman_nl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 02:59:24 PM »

I think he sounds great!

He blew away Kid Rock on Nightrain, and he still blows away Sebastian Bach, which I think has a great sound, on My Michelle.
I agree that its his breathing that is the problem. But still he blows everybody away
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 03:08:42 PM »

I thought he sounded amazing In London and some of those screams sounded like they were going to last forever. He was awesome.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 04:05:19 PM »

I think his voice has been the higlight of the tour, or at least the shows I went to (not really following the others close) Honestly I was worried until he sang, he's been incredible.. Now if only he'd get  a watch hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 04:09:11 PM »

Axl vocals, Axl's cock, Axl hair , Axl eyelashes, Axl farted , Axl Axl Axl?

Verdict?!? rofl

great, dunno, weird, colorless, smells , yes yes yes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 04:10:13 PM »

Axl vocals, Axl's cock, Axl hair , Axl eyelashes, Axl farted , Axl Axl Axl?

Verdict?!? rofl

You forgot how he gets picked apart for every piece of clothing he wears and such. ?OMG HE HAS A JERSEY ON, HES SELLING OUT HES RAP OMG. ?

haha christ even Joan Rivers isn't that fucking nit picky. ?You guys crack me up, seriously.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 04:12:24 PM »

^ that's because the only thing that was itneresting for a while was his look.. if you haven't seen a guy who had a totally different look in years (besides rio hob) then one year later he's all hip hop looking it's kind of strange.. How many red heads go get braides at 40, or wear jerseys of each team in that city at one show? it was weird, how could you not say something? Not like there was tons of music to speak of, notice his looks are less on topic these days/.?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 04:14:34 PM »

^ that's because the only thing that was itneresting for a while was his look.. if you haven't seen a guy who had a totally different look in years (besides rio hob) then one year later he's all hip hop looking it's kind of strange.. How many red heads go get braides at 40, or wear jerseys of each team in that city at one show? it was weird, how could you not say something? Not like there was tons of music to speak of, notice his looks are less on topic these days/.?

I think that's because he figured out...if he just wears the same thing on stage all the time, people won't have anything to get all riled up about.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »

I think that's because he figured out...if he just wears the same thing on stage all the time, people won't have anything to get all riled up about.

he's been swithing it up a bit but he looks so much better now.... he does look super rich onstage though.... peace
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 04:21:05 PM »

I think Axl should do a local type thing where like if he plays in Germany he would dress in the green shorts and suspenders and white shirt and the hat and some clogs.  Then in Ireland he could dress like a leprechaun and say in Australia he could wear gear similar to the Crocodile Hunter.  Not only would that grab attention, it'd be the shit. 

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

I think Axl should do a local type thing where like if he plays in Germany he would dress in the green shorts and suspenders and white shirt and the hat and some clogs.? Then in Ireland he could dress like a leprechaun and say in Australia he could wear gear similar to the Crocodile Hunter.? Not only would that grab attention, it'd be the shit.?

that would be awesome ,ledderhosen(sp) that would be awesome, such respect for each country...
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 04:24:26 PM »

I think Axl should do a local type thing where like if he plays in Germany he would dress in the green shorts and suspenders and white shirt and the hat and some clogs.? Then in Ireland he could dress like a leprechaun and say in Australia he could wear gear similar to the Crocodile Hunter.? Not only would that grab attention, it'd be the shit.?

that would be awesome ,ledderhosen(sp) that would be awesome, such respect for each country...

Hell yeah like Clark Griswold in National Lampoon's European vacation.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 04:25:15 PM »

Final thread?...Final verdict? This so laughable and ridiculous. I mean what, we're not going to have anymore discussions about this after this post? Come on.....Hahahahahaha. rofl rofl rofl rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: