Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:18:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Better
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better  (Read 4297 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »

Heard a partial leak and it was weird..  Saw the performance on AOL and it was terrible... seemed like a bad experiment gone wrong...

Hmmm...I know you. Didnt you use to terrorize the 2000 Intentions Forum with bitching and moaning? Maybe Im wrong though.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 09:52:09 AM »

Saw the performance on AOL and it was terrible

I have to agree. ?I don't understand how anyone thinks the RIR5 performance of Better was "great" or that Axl sounded "great". ?All sound problems aside, he sounded horrible. ?He was hoarse and out of breath and couldn't hit the notes the way he does in the studio version. ?I was embarrassed for him. ?

I think they need to tone down the concert schedule a little bit. ?Axl's voice sounded great at the Hammerstein shows from the clips I heard and now he sounds exhausted. ?I'm happy as hell he is back but seriously, they should make some type of adjustment in the schedule (or at least future schedules) to allow him enough time to recharge those pipes.

justynius
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »

He does a good job on the screaming in the middle but that's it.

Yeah, the part that had everyone flipping out when the leak first surfaced is actually the highlight of the song when it is live.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 11:37:15 AM »

Heard a partial leak and it was weird..? Saw the performance on AOL and it was terrible... seemed like a bad experiment gone wrong...

Hmmm...I know you. Didnt you use to terrorize the 2000 Intentions Forum with bitching and moaning? Maybe Im wrong though.

Actually , when I used to go to that site I was still supporting Axl.. Maybe not at the end I dunno. I gave my opinion of Better... Deal with it.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »

The RIR performance sounded horrible, but having heard the song played live in person at Hammerstein and seen video footage of it live at Budapest it seems like that's an aberration.  It's a very difficult song to sing and play live, but Axl did very well on it at Hammerstein and the Budapest shows, the RIR one was the worst and from what I can tell not typical of the way they perform the song
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 10:48:01 PM »

After watching Axl perform Better at Donnington, I take back what I said about him not being able to sing the song live. If Axl has to stand still to sing Better live, then that's alright by me.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 07:06:22 AM »

Ive allways said about Axl..He has the best studio voice ever ..His live voice isent as good but he makes up for it with his stage presence.....remember befor the UUillusions were released when  guns played the new songs like (14 years,garden of eden) and so on wernt that good live vocaly......but on the CDs he sounds great..
Just my Opinions..  :peace:I havent heard a good quality bootleg or better befor tonight....I downloaded the best ive heard so far from
http://www.critical-solution.com/310506-budapest/videos/   see for your self.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: