Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Better
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better  (Read 4339 times)
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 03:16:59 AM »

Axl can't sing the verses live unfortunately. He does a good job on the screaming in the middle but that's it. IRS and TWAT he can pull off live but Better he can't seem to do.

Dude that was probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. He can't sing it live? Please offer some support as to why Axl is incapable of singing his song live..
I've heard him try and sing it live at the Hammerstein, in person,? and he couldn't do it. I've heard bootlegs of him trying to sing it live at other shows and he hasn't been able to do it.

While I havn't heard them play live, I have heard a few bootlegs of this song and I totally disagree with you. There is only one, don't know right now which show it was, he sounded a little off.. and a little off is still great mind you ok

The best version, atleast in my opinion, is from RIR5.. the sound kept screwing up at the show but worked fine for this song and he sounded great

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 03:24:08 AM »

Man, I know when people say something negative about Axl, they get questioned about how much of a GNR fan they really are.  I am a true fan that can admit the truth, and for anyone to say that "better" sounded great at Rio, is out of their mind. 

Make excuses about sound or whatever.  I heard the voice, and it was bad.  Real bad.  You're kiddin' yourself if you think otherwise.  The first minute or so of that song is painful to listen to.
G2N2R
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 03:29:09 AM »

Man, I know when people say something negative about Axl, they get questioned about how much of a GNR fan they really are.? I am a true fan that can admit the truth, and for anyone to say that "better" sounded great at Rio, is out of their mind.?

Make excuses about sound or whatever.? I heard the voice, and it was bad.? Real bad.? You're kiddin' yourself if you think otherwise.? The first minute or so of that song is painful to listen to.

So i'm out of my mind, fuck off loser ok

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about because the song sounded fine, maybe you have a crappy version of the Rio performance or you just have horrible hearing.. but i'm sure others would agree that it sounded fine, if not great.

I'm sorry, I guess that i'm not a "true fan that can admit the truth" hihi

MoRoN

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 03:41:48 AM »

Man, I know when people say something negative about Axl, they get questioned about how much of a GNR fan they really are.? I am a true fan that can admit the truth, and for anyone to say that "better" sounded great at Rio, is out of their mind.?

Make excuses about sound or whatever.? I heard the voice, and it was bad.? Real bad.? You're kiddin' yourself if you think otherwise.? The first minute or so of that song is painful to listen to.

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about because the song sounded fine, maybe you have a crappy version of the Rio performance or you just have horrible hearing.. but i'm sure others would agree that it sounded fine, if not great.

MoRoN

Admitting your problems, is the first step to beating your problems.

Reading this was like reading a "poetic" masterpiece.  You have such elegance and intelligence. 

Hey, while your 15 mentality gets the better of you, go listen to the first minute or so of "better" from Rio, and then tell me he sounds "awesome". 

I was as excited as anyone here to watch the Rio performance.  But I wasn't so "starstruck" to see him that my ears didn't work.

G2N2R
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 03:52:19 AM »

?

MoRoN

Reading this was like reading a "poetic" masterpiece.? You have such elegance and intelligence.?

Hey, while your 15 mentality gets the better of you, go listen to the first minute or so of "better" from Rio, and then tell me he sounds "awesome".?

I was as excited as anyone here to watch the Rio performance.? But I wasn't so "starstruck" to see him that my ears didn't work.

Ok, this is my last response to this fucker as it's starting to border on spamming..

For you information I listen to the Better performance all the time, and it sounds good every single time. I didn't say it was the greatest thing ever, I said I thought it was the best out of all the bootlegs of this song that I have heard and I always prefer the live songs to the stuidio ones for reasons I stated earlier in this thread

Now, you've had your moment of fun, so get back down and shine my shoes like a good lil biatch ok

stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 04:01:58 AM »

?

MoRoN

Reading this was like reading a "poetic" masterpiece.? You have such elegance and intelligence.?

Hey, while your 15 mentality gets the better of you, go listen to the first minute or so of "better" from Rio, and then tell me he sounds "awesome".?

I was as excited as anyone here to watch the Rio performance.? But I wasn't so "starstruck" to see him that my ears didn't work.

Ok, this is my last response to this fucker as it's starting to border on spamming..

For you information I listen to the Better performance all the time, and it sounds good every single time. I didn't say it was the greatest thing ever, I said I thought it was the best out of all the bootlegs of this song that I have heard and I always prefer the live songs to the stuidio ones for reasons I stated earlier in this thread

Now, you've had your moment of fun, so get back down and shine my shoes like a good lil biatch ok

Talk about spamming?  Look at your posts.  yes  Need I say more?  Shine your shoes?  rofl 

Who are you again?  Is that you "Internet tough guy"?  You gonna threaten to kick my ass next?

Oh well.  All I'm saying is that "better" didn't sound to sweet at Rio.  That's all.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 04:17:19 AM »

maybe you have a crappy version of the Rio performance or you just have horrible hearing.. but i'm sure others would agree that it sounded fine, if not great.

Sorry man, but I've heard every recording of 'Better' from Rio that's out there and Axl's vocals are a complete disaster right from the start. I've heard about half a dozen live recordings of that song and the guitars have been great, but Axl has never sounded very good on it.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 04:23:22 AM »

Axl really sings "better" awesome live (except in rir5, i really think he was trying to piss me off)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=59BB53A279E17D6B
he nails it^^
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 04:29:47 AM »

Yeah, the Madrid recording is the best I've heard by a long shot. Someone needs to put that shit on a DVD and get it online.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 04:59:42 AM »

Man, I know when people say something negative about Axl, they get questioned about how much of a GNR fan they really are.  I am a true fan that can admit the truth, and for anyone to say that "better" sounded great at Rio, is out of their mind. 

Make excuses about sound or whatever.  I heard the voice, and it was bad.  Real bad.  You're kiddin' yourself if you think otherwise.  The first minute or so of that song is painful to listen to.

MoRoN

Reading this was like reading a "poetic" masterpiece.  You have such elegance and intelligence. 

Hey, while your 15 mentality gets the better of you, go listen to the first minute or so of "better" from Rio, and then tell me he sounds "awesome". 

I was as excited as anyone here to watch the Rio performance.  But I wasn't so "starstruck" to see him that my ears didn't work.

Hey buddy - shut the fuck up. Over here we respect people for their opinion. He thinks differently to you, grow up - no need to get personal.

And for the record, as a fan who can admit GnR's shortcomings, Axl sounded fine to me on Better. It was the mix that let us down, in my opinion.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 11:39:41 AM »

I'm not gonna say it sounded great and I'm not gonna say it sounded awful

What I will say is that I was " a little dissapointed " in the live vocals of Better

But that may because the vocals on the demo sound so damn sweet!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »

I personally like the live version of 'Better' better than the demo studio one. I was at Hammerstein on May 14th and it was just so amazing to hear the opening. To me it was one of the best moments of the night.

It's a great song, one of the better (haha no pun intended) songs of the demos. I think this song will make it big.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »

Axl really sings "better" awesome live (except in rir5, i really think he was trying to piss me off)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=59BB53A279E17D6B
he nails it^^

does a full audio file of this performance exist? it sounds awesome.

On the performance of Better on May 15th, it appeared it was played a tune lower than the demo. This one didn't.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

to me , the best one live is in budapest. there, better sounds awesome!  peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 01:40:12 PM »

you're joking right? mind you he isn't on the stage  hihi

rofl ... Finck had some roadie, mic stand and sound problems in the beginning of that show... anger management. You can hear Ron playing the ending of Better (doesn't sound that good/out of tune  Tongue  as when Finck plays it, but it shows Ron is great talent and master of improvisation/quick learner)...

edit: just watched the video again (refreshing live memories)... uh, oh... it was a moment of... I have noticed Robin has slammed his guitar and left the stage and was like WTF? And now on video it is like Axl is a bit of confused like looking for Robin: "Did that bastard go stage diving again or he really left the stage?"... ahh those precious moments, but all cool

i watched the video again. ah, so that's what happend. Seeing the video i was thinking, Axl's looking for Robin, Robin either A. Gone backstage for what ever reason (take a piss or sort out some issues with sound) or B. Has dived into the crowd, which is why a roadie is fixing the mic stand  hihi
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »

from whay i have heard of the live versions so far, they are ok, although not as good as the studio version. The section that really fails to work like is the section near the middle, the section where Axl almost shouts out 4 lines of lyrics. Even on the studio version this area of the song really concerned me, although after some time i found it works ok, but live the shouting section seems like too much to pull off.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »

i just got to see the video of better from May17th. 2 different camera angles? pro shot? it is the best better i have seen so far  beer i think it is the only bootleg so far where i have hear the cool guitar part near the end. around about the middle section Bumble Foot does some great stuff, my estimation of him has just gone up  Smiley
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 12:22:53 AM »

from whay i have heard of the live versions so far, they are ok, although not as good as the studio version. The section that really fails to work like is the section near the middle, the section where Axl almost shouts out 4 lines of lyrics. Even on the studio version this area of the song really concerned me, although after some time i found it works ok, but live the shouting section seems like too much to pull off.

Actually, Axl nails his part of the middle. He sounds just like the demo. It's just that the guitars and that awesome riff surrounding him isn't nearly as hard and as loud as it should be...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 01:25:53 AM »

Better has a really produced sound and will never be as good live as it is studio.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 09:04:57 AM »

Heard a partial leak and it was weird..  Saw the performance on AOL and it was terrible... seemed like a bad experiment gone wrong...

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: