Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dublin Download RDS 9 June 2006
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dublin Download RDS 9 June 2006  (Read 49105 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »

Good move Dionysus.

No, wait...

You're more of a Poseidon.

My cursor was over lock. You just beat me.

(Seriously......)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2006, 06:11:44 PM »

Good move Dionysus.

No, wait...

You're more of a Poseidon.

My cursor was over lock. You just beat me.

(Seriously......)

Stop posting here, it's locked...  Tongue

daithi21
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2006, 06:08:35 AM »

What a concert, I was only about 5 feet away from the band.

Firstly Lauren Harris, Bullet for My Valentine and Funeral For a Friend all sucked ass, the crowd was really small for them and people were flipping them off.

Guns were on time to my shock opened with the usual Jungle, easy, Brownstone, crowd was nuts best concert crowd I have ever seen, Axl wore an Irish flag for one song and was in great humour joking around with the band, get remember the exact setlist as I was going insane all concert. Axl's voice and performance outshined everyone else, Bach was unreal on My Michelle was hoping he'd get up for Nightrain as well, no Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy or I.R.S which was dissapointing cause I was really hoping to mosh out to C.D.

As for the band they were excellent, people around me even started a "who needs Slash chant", Finck was cool moshed with the front row during Paradise City, I think I still have some of his hair, he was the man all night when he was introduced he got the 3rd best reaction after Axl and Dizzy, the crowd loved him, Fortus did his job well, people really think he is Izzy, good solo as well, didnt rock out enough for me. Bumblefoot was first class he really moves around the stage well and played with alot of emotion which I really like, he had the crowd going with a Dont Cry Solo which was cool. Brain was spot on while Dizzy was Dizzy.

They played Better, Madagascar and The Blues, Better went down the best especially the metal middle bit had the crowd moshing along, Axl ran past the crowd and shock hands with the girl in front of me during Madagascar I was sickened I was 20 inches away from touching axl.

All in all a great gig 10/10 and now I have got to go back to Dublin to see Alice in Chains and Metallica tomorrow.
anythinggoes
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2006, 06:13:35 AM »

sorry its sort of related

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=85OIPXY2

126 pictures from Dublin last night
5 videos

watch the LALD one for the cheesiest grin ever by a fan at the end  hihi

im of to download now if someone would be kind enough to download this and upload the good pics for all that would be so great 55mb file
Mud Puppy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2006, 06:31:09 AM »

smoking
A good gig!

1. WeLcome to the Jungle
2.It's so easy
3. Mr Brownstone.
4. Live & Let Die
5. Knockin on Heaven's Door
6. Robin Solo & Sweet Child O Mine
7. Out Ta Get me
8. Dizzy Solo & The Blues
9. Madagascar
10. You could be Mine
11. Bumble foot solo and Don't Cry Instrumental.
12. Axl jam and Novmber Rain.
13.Richard Solo and Better.
14. My Michelle with Seb Bach.
15. Patience.
16. Paradise City.

The Band arrived on time, which was a surprise. This was also the same case in Slane 1992. Axl Remarked about the sun and joked that he was melting.
The curfew meant that we got a shorter gig than others such as Milan. No Rocket Queen or IRS.

I prefered Milan, as smaller venues tend to have better sound quality and less noisy drunken Irish TWATS. (some girls who kept talking and shouting during the gig).

The onstage banter was funny. Now just release Chinese Democracy!!

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #285 on: June 10, 2006, 06:44:17 AM »

smoking
A good gig!

1. WeLcome to the Jungle
2.It's so easy
3. Mr Brownstone.
4. Live & Let Die
6. Robin Solo & Sweet Child O Mine
7. Out Ta Get me
9. Madagascar
10. You could be Mine
11. Bumble foot solo and Don't Cry Instrumental.
12. Axl jam and Novmber Rain.
13.Richard Solo and Better.
14. My Michelle with Seb Bach.
15. Patience.
16. Paradise City.

The Band arrived on time, which was a surprise. This was also the same case in Slane 1992. Axl Remarked about the sun and joked that he was melting.
The curfew meant that we got a shorter gig than others such as Milan. No Rocket Queen or IRS.

I prefered Milan, as smaller venues tend to have better sound quality and less noisy drunken Irish TWATS. (some girls who kept talking and shouting during the gig).

The onstage banter was funny. Now just release Chinese Democracy!!

How many sober Irish people do you know then?  rofl
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: June 10, 2006, 07:32:17 AM »

The guy who posted the setlist was slightly wrong. It was more like this.

1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. It's so easy
3. Mr Brownstone.
4. Live & Let Die
6. Fortus Solo/Beautiful
7. Out Ta Get me
9.Bumble foot solo and Don't Cry Instrumental.
10.You could be Mine
11.Robin Solo & Sweet Child O Mine
12.Axl jam and Novmber Rain.
13.Better.
14.Madagascar
15. Patience
16. My Michelle with Seb Bach.
17. Nightrain
18. Band Introductions/Robin Solo/Paradise City

I'm not sure which was first Patience or My Michelle. Everyone else in the thread is saying My Michelle was before Patience, but I thought it was Patience, I can't really remember.

I was waiting to get into the pit from about 11 and met some cool people. Some people were wearing VR t-shirts and one had a Slash's Snakepit. I don't think they were trying to annoy anyone, they just thought they were going to a GnR gig so I'll wear a GnR-related t-shirt. The doors finally opened at half 3 half an hour later than planned. Bullet For My Valentine went on half an hour late so I thought everyone would be half an hour late. So I went to see Therapy? on the second stage assuming they would be finished before GnR arrived. But then he made an? announcement that incredibly Axl has arrived on time but thanks if you stay to see us instead. Yeah Right! We ran off and realised we had missed the first two songs. Grr!! The one time I was late for a gig is the one time Axl turned up on time. Murphy's law is alive and well. I was sickened! I didn't think he would start playing in the sunshine. This was one of the earliest starting times for a GnR gig as well. Anyway Live And Let Die rocked, I was never its biggest fan and thought it should be dropped before the gig, but it was amazing live. Everyone moshing during the riff. I was burnt to a crisp at this point depite tonnes of sun cream and rubbing off other people hurt but I didn't care. There were also lots of cool fire pyrotechnics during LALD. As if it wasn't hot enough! Knockin On' Heaven's Door was ok but towards the end someone through on an Irish flag with GnR written on it. I remember one of the people I was waiting in the queue for the pit with had that! Anyway Axl wore it for the rest of the song. He made reference at one point to the Fighting Fuckin' Irish. He said he was melting in the sun. He said he wasn't used to being out at this time! When was the last time Axl played a gig in the sunshine at an open-air concert?

Richard's solo was just a shredfest and Beautiful was good but kinda pointless. Went on too long. Nobody seemed to recognise or care. OTGM was great with some mad Bumblefoot soloing. Dizzy's solo was boring. The Blues was ok but I miss the 2002 version. Axl made a mistake towards the end starting the last verse too early. He went "What this means to meeeeeee". He dragged out the me part to make it seem like it was part of the song when he realised he entered too early! Nobody noticed coz nobody knew the song. Bumblefoot done some of his shred tricks on a les paul before changing to his bumblefoot guitar. Some people were singing along to Don't Cry. It was kind of cool and he done most of the song including his version of Slash's solo. You Could Be Mine was great, Robin's solo was pointless again but the crowd lost their mind when he played the opening notes of SCOM. The solo rocked. November Rain was great too. Better and Madagascar are my two favourite new songs and both songs were amazing especially the bridge in better and the quotes part in Madagascar. After better one guy behind me said that must be a new song it was fucking brilliant. I can only imagine what it was like hearing these two songs for the first time! During Madagascar he started shaking hands with the front. I was only short distance away but couldn't reach him. Oh well! Before Patience he said "We're gonna play an acoustic song now and I hope I don't fuck it up". He introduced Sebastian Bach who touched Stinson on the ass when he came on which was funny. Bach asked "Have you guys got an Appetite For Destruction?" My Michelle and Nightrain were amazing.? I was hoping with the early start at 8 and that the curfew was at 11 we are in for an extra-long encore with some more new songs especially There Was A Time. Or maybe he'd play Rocket Queen. It wasn't to be he came on introduced the band, Robin Finck did a short, pointless solo and then the amazing Paradise City! Gig over around 10.15.

Going home a lot of people were dissapointed. They said that there were two many breaks in the first half of the concert. By breaks they were obviously referring to the solos. They clearly weren't impressed if they were calling them breaks. I thought they were good coz I play guitar and appreciated the musicianship and especially enjoyed Bumblefoot's solo but I guess if you don't play an instrument all the keyboard and guitar solos would be pretty boring. And that is what everyone thought. It was dissapointing for me coming home from a?gig I enjoyed so much and so many people, especially the girls saying it was shit, but I know they where they were coming from.They thought it was bad value for money. And it's not just the solos i mentioned in the setlist. They're were lots of breaks between songs where the band were just messing around for ages! The new band don't have to prove themselves with the solos. In fact it made them look worse coz most people were bored. Everyone there was open-minded and were there to see the band do their thing-rock out the GnR catalog with a few new songs. Not hear Christina Aguilera!
Incidentally I personally wanted to hear more new songs but I think 3 songs was about right because nobody knew them! Still I would have rathered have heard There Was A Time than one of the solos. Thing is that song has a really long solo, so Axl still has plenty of time to dissappear and use his oxygen mask. Much rather hear that song than Beautiful, but there you go.

Still, overall I was pleased, I thought the gig was amazing!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:15:15 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2006, 07:44:21 AM »

i'm glad because you had a great time

how many people were there??

I have never seen so many tree
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2006, 08:26:04 AM »

fukin awsome show!!!!!!  beer

got pretty much near the front dead centre.the whole band sounded PERRRRRRFECT!!!  yes

met up with some board members includin nicknasty:chinese stew,jarmo,adz,will,strose and bonbon.  ok all very sound guys may i add  beer

i wasnt a fan of hearing better live off the bootlegs ive heard but after hearin it last night live,its become one of my fav live songs!

only just got home after a 33 hour long treck accross north wales and ireland so ill post my pics and review monday as ive gotta get my shit ready for donnington download festival now (leavin at 4am so i neeeeeed sleeeep  droolpeace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #289 on: June 10, 2006, 08:46:43 AM »

missed first 3 or 4 songs - what the hell is axl doing going on at the appointed time?! eejit.

but he was in terrific fettle. arrived for knocking on heavens door which wasnt the best version, it was too close to uyi and live era versions rather than budapest version which i found far closer in proximity to dylans original - and all the better for it. but as noted before, axl joked with the crowd about not usually being up at this time or seeing the sunshine. wrapped a tricolour around him for the final few minutes of the tune. after that its kind of a daze. you could be mine was dispensed with like a bullet, the blues hit and miss. sweet child for once managed to transcend its familiarity to really hit home, out ta get me, nightrain and my michelle (which bach and axl absolutely nailed, contrary to reports from the ny shows, trading not only lines but inidividual words of the lyrics - bach was his brilliant goofey self and axls 'future cellmate') would have been songs of the night for any other show. patience arrived like sucker punch. for me its the first time its ever really hit home and it was just one of those moments where axl reaches in and rips your heart out - the clear blue sky and a monumentally beautiful song really completely drained me. or so i thought, for the song of the night was undoubtably madagascar. better was given a deservedly warm welcome too, but it was madagascar which almost everyone with me realised made it more than anything else.

though there were a few dissenting voices over the solos, the majority seemed to come away converted, full of praise for fotus especially (who really blew me away too).
the band looked much happier and together than with bucket in 2002. grouping together often to play off of each other.

the only real problem is that there was no real way to satisfy the appetite of the crowd. everyone (or rather, everyone irish) ive talked to after the show were left looking towards their UK arena shows later in the summer. if axl hadda played for another two hours it still wouldnt have been enough. while he no doubt made up for the 14 years since slane, there is still an hunger for more of him from the irish crowd - because he was that good.

and for those that havent had the joy of seeing axl this time around, can i just say tht his voice is absolutely majestic. think live like a suicide era. and he looks happy. and seems to be a fan of deal or no deal.

great show. a few minor complaints that you have to take (the unpredictability of actually starting on time, the extended jams and though they're improving, the band are still pretty faceless and attitudeless), but it was a show that delievered and left people pitying those poor souls across town stuck watching robbie williams trying to descend to stage in a canoe or some bullshit.

oh, and about that complaint about the band - the problems are really with how they represent themselves as personalitys. theyre playing is immense. they sound incredibly raw, yet still incredibly powerful and huge.

just dont leave it 14years to come back you fuck.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #290 on: June 10, 2006, 09:39:13 AM »

Awesome show.

Being in the daylight made it more special everything felt different but it was nice.

Axl jumping off the stage to run in the photo pit for madagascar, Robin & Ron playing their solos in either Nightrain or Paradise City (I can't remember which) down there was cool too.

It sounded great, and for anyone who was wondering why KOHD went on so long, Axl had to change his shoes 'cause he was skidding around all over the place.. Hence his reference to 'ice skating' after It's So Easy.

Glad Bumblefoot played the longer version of Don't Cry, well worth it.

Oh, and watching Richard sing along to Out Ta Get Me was awesome as well.

You can tell the whole band were happy, and that's what makes it a good show, it was just intense.
Dr H Lecter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2006, 09:59:07 AM »

Just getting out of bed now, was a phenomenal show, still cant believe I saw Axl in the flesh, the band is cohesive and they work very well, and Axl himself, better than ever, it was incredible, I still cant get over how well he sounded. Better sounded amazing.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2006, 10:19:10 AM »

Awesome show.

Being in the daylight made it more special everything felt different but it was nice.

Axl jumping off the stage to run in the photo pit for madagascar, Robin & Ron playing their solos in either Nightrain or Paradise City (I can't remember which) down there was cool too.

It sounded great, and for anyone who was wondering why KOHD went on so long, Axl had to change his shoes 'cause he was skidding around all over the place.. Hence his reference to 'ice skating' after It's So Easy.

Glad Bumblefoot played the longer version of Don't Cry, well worth it.

Oh, and watching Richard sing along to Out Ta Get Me was awesome as well.

You can tell the whole band were happy, and that's what makes it a good show, it was just intense.

glad you enjoyed it over here

i was the chap sitting beside you in the taxi on the way to bellamys  Shocked
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Dublin is one of the best cities I've been to, it's gorgeous.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #294 on: June 10, 2006, 10:41:30 AM »

thats cause it wasnt raining!

but yea, it was a terrific day in dublin yesterday. well, in the ballsbridge/rds area. fantastic atmosphere and no trouble. great day all round - particularly as i missed funeral for a friend/bullet for my valentine.
wharfy11
Opening Act

Here Today...Be Back Tomorrow

« Reply #295 on: June 10, 2006, 02:54:55 PM »

The show was awsome, me and friends were at the very front along the rail, and had a great view. When Axl ran past all the fans during Madagascar me and my friends were lucky enough to slap his hands which was well cool, and also one of my mates took bumblefoots hat off when he was letting the crowd play his guitar during Paradise. He gave it back though Smiley. Then today the same friend met Bumblefoot, Robin, Richard and Brain in Dublin centre and chattered to them about the show..Im a wee bit jealous. But all round was a great day and a great show..Look forward to the Manchester show now.

If I Leave Here Tomorrow Will You Still Remeber Me.......
anythinggoes
« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2006, 03:22:26 PM »

The show was awsome, me and friends were at the very front along the rail, and had a great view. When Axl ran past all the fans during Madagascar me and my friends were lucky enough to slap his hands which was well cool, and also one of my mates took bumblefoots hat off when he was letting the crowd play his guitar during Paradise. He gave it back though Smiley. Then today the same friend met Bumblefoot, Robin, Richard and Brain in Dublin centre and chattered to them about the show..Im a wee bit jealous. But all round was a great day and a great show..Look forward to the Manchester show now.
well if you check the photo uploads i posted this mornin you will see bumble with his hat then it being given back to him its blurred but you may see yourself its a big upload at 55mb but worth it or failin that when i get back to the real world on monday/tuesday i will upload the good ones individually
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2006, 04:30:12 PM »

Thanks anythinggoes, ag  and everyone for the reviews.

I enjoy hearing any titbit.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2006, 05:14:17 PM »

video of this show anyone???

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
dimerocks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2006, 05:16:52 PM »

it was unbelievable! my vocals are fucked today. My throat hurts so much. I was the only person about me singing along to better, madagascar and the blues and i got some really weird looks. its was class....every other band that played sucked. Lauren Harris was incredibly hot!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: