Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brian May WAS scheduled to play at the Odeon
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian May WAS scheduled to play at the Odeon  (Read 5851 times)
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« on: June 08, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »

Some interesting news from Brian May himself, on his website. Apparently he was scheduled to join the band on Wednesday night, but was unable to get to the soundcheck in time. By the way, some very nice words about the band from Brian:

http://brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

**Thu 08 Jun 06**
Axl is Magic

"Yes, it was on the cards for me to play with Axl and his boys last night - but I was unable to get to their sound-check, and, without that kind of preparation, I felt that going on 'blind' might have been a risk. Now I totally don't mind taking risks, but not if it's a risk of messing up someone else's show !! The up-side was that because I was not going on, I could sit out front, and totally relax and enjoy the show, without having to think about my own stuff. (Also it did occur to me later on that probably 3 guitarists is more than enough ! ha ha! Great band, though. ) "

I thought Axl was stunning .... riveting .... I have seldom seen Hammersmith Odeon in such a state of electric hyper- energy. Just before the band went on, I thought I could actually see sparks in the air !! There have been very few performers in the world, ever, who could elicit that kind of response. And just hearing that voice, drinking it in, letting it drench the soul, was pure therapy - enough to keep the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end the whole night. Axl, as ever, is magic. "

Cheers
bri

Here's today's post:

**Fri 09 Jun 06**
Commenting on news report 'GUNS N ROSES: ALL SLEEP IN HAMMERSMITH':

"No ! Get it RIGHT, whoever you are !

Axl said It's good to be back at the legendary Hammersmith Odeon" - showing that he knew his local history - the venue will always be Hammersmith Odeon to those of us who have grown up in it most of our lives - not "Labatt's Apollo, or whatever is the advertising name of the moment ... Then he said "No Sleep til Hammersmith" - a well-known quote in the business, of course - and then .... "and hopefully no sleep for the rest of the night".

And my car isn't a Limo - it's a Lexus !!

He's right about one thing, though ... "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" was truly outstanding - there were some notes in there that made oger and I look at each other like .... "f..... did you HEAR that ?!!" )

This song also had Axl's voice nice and high in the mix, which made it very enjoyable .... Of course Axl could just about do it without a microphone ... but - Hell - that throat is what we all went to hear ! "

Rock !
Bri

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 11:10:21 PM »

I've said this before, I'll say it again.  Brian May is one of the classiest people in the business.  He also complimented Axl when Catcher In The Rye leaked.  Spot on, mate!  beer
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 11:19:55 PM »

brian may is a cool fucking guy.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:22:38 PM »

Just watch,  The stupid Axl haters will be attacking brian May soon lol.   I'm glad brian put that stupid critic in his place .

I expect brian to perform with Axl soon, it will be cool.
alexh0618
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 11:22:46 PM »

Wow, May was really scheduled to play with them! Hopefully he can play with them at an upcomming show to make up for this one.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 11:25:10 PM »

I like hearing good responses from other musicians about Guns these days it's not to often.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:26:28 PM »

Does this mean Catcher is on the album?  Grin
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 11:28:13 PM »

I'm not sure if you can get a better endorsement from one of the greatest guitarist in rock n roll history. ?Brian you are just too fucking cool! ?Maybe he can make the show in LA on 9/23/06 and play a solo with Brain...I can hear it now...Axl walks off the stage to get some oxygen but before Axl leaves he just says something like...and for your listening enjoyment this evening...you downloading motherfuckers...I give you Brain and Brian? ?beer
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:35:59 PM by dariano » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 11:33:51 PM »

This is just one of the reasons why I really like Brian May. Good review.  ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 11:44:23 PM »

It doesn't sound like Catcher was in the cards. He probably would have joined them for something else.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 11:56:08 PM »

too bad its all praising axl... axl, axl, axl..... ohhh god axl!!!  there are other members on stage too besides axl...
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 12:01:45 AM »

someone needs to send an email to brian and ask what he was supposed to perform? citr?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 12:03:04 AM »

too bad its all praising axl... axl, axl, axl..... ohhh god axl!!! ?there are other members on stage too besides axl...

If you look at almost every written review it is like that as well. Even the negative band reviews are prefaced by..."Axl sounds great but" and then go on to get down on the rest of the band.

We should be happy Axl is getting universally good reviews himself, even if no one is going out of their way to pat the others on the back. I sense Brian wouldn't give two hoots about that line-up if Axl weren't fronting it, so it is natural he only points out how stellar he is.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 12:08:58 AM »

I sense Brian wouldn't give two hoots about that line-up if Axl weren't fronting it, so it is natural he only points out how stellar he is.

Eh, so he's an Axl fan and supports what he does. I agree with you, and there's nothing wrong with it.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 12:30:49 AM »

He doesn't even know the other guys.  He recorded that song with a completely different line-up (save for Tommy).
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 12:37:11 AM »

Lets just hope he is around for one of the Wembley shows then!

Jonx
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 12:37:34 AM »

of course he's gonna say nice things about axl and refers to axl only cuz he's the one who's been the target all of these years of criticism and crap and i think brain knows what axl's been through and that's why he supports him AND THE BAND. i refuse to believe he was in that show just for axl, i truly believe he was there for the whole band.

as someone said before Brain's pure class! ?ok

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »

Some interesting news from Brian May himself, on his website. Apparently he was scheduled to join the band on Wednesday night, but was unable to get to the soundcheck in time. By the way, some very nice words about the band from Brian:

http://brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

Hah, no wonder him and Axl get along so well  Tongue

Pity he missed it - we probably would have heard Catcher?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 12:48:47 AM »

Or maybe they would've played Tie Your Mother Down, something Brian played on the UYI tour with the original line-up.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 12:54:51 AM »

I would've liked to see them perform "Tie Your Mother Down" w/Brian ok

(oops - my post crossed with metallex78, his just uploaded while i was composing, lol)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:57:31 AM by cybercurves » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: