Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Sirius Satelite Radio
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sirius Satelite Radio  (Read 5870 times)
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »

Yeah if I drove 75 mi's/day I'd definitely have to get it. I think over a half hour commute I'd be able to justify it. ?But no, I really don't listen to the radio much at home. Although I do have digital cable which comes with 45 channels of music, which includes Alternative, Adult Alternative, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal etc.. The selection is pretty good, bands like Soul Asylum, Wilco, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden The Cure, & decent newer bands I've discovered like Thursday, Stretch Armstrong etc.. It's pretty all over the place. They even have an 80's retro station for REM, Petty, Furs & all. So I hooked up my cable box to my stereo, it's actually pretty good. ?

For Kid Chris, yeah that is him, I didn't know he was in NYC. He talks about being in Syracuse alot. He "claimed" he didn't want the DLRoth spot once he left, said he didn't want to wake up at 4 in the morning & was afraid he couldn't be funny that early in the morning. I guess he was BSing when callers asked, but yeah that's great you heard of him.. He always hits that "HAHAHHA!!" button. ?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 12:40:53 PM »

I know you think the 30 minutes a day is not worth it but it is. Becuase once you hear what you are getting you want to take it every where. I have maybe listened to 1 hour of regualar radio since January. Heck I watch a lot less tv now so that is good as well.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 12:48:19 PM »

I know you think the 30 minutes a day is not worth it but it is. Becuase once you hear what you are getting you want to take it every where. I have maybe listened to 1 hour of regualar radio since January. Heck I watch a lot less tv now so that is good as well.

No, I was saying IF I drove 30 mins a day I WOULD be able to justify it (ie. I would consider getting it)   ok
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 04:03:16 PM »

When O&A were on terrest years ago, they always had comedians in & hanging out, like Jay Mohr, Jim Norton, so it was like 5 guys hanging out.  Now it's just these two trying hard to outfunny each other.

Huh

You sure youve listened?  Jim Norton is the permanent third mic, Jay Mohr and Kevin Smith did an entire show (CBS and XM) last week, as did Billy Connolly, and theres always comedians coming in: Rich Vos, Patrice O'Neal, Bill Burr.  I dont think O&A have done a show with just the two of them in over a year.

Also, they made the deal with CBS Radio, not Clear Channel.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 04:12:55 PM »

When O&A were on terrest years ago, they always had comedians in & hanging out, like Jay Mohr, Jim Norton, so it was like 5 guys hanging out.? Now it's just these two trying hard to outfunny each other.

Huh

You sure youve listened?? Jim Norton is the permanent third mic, Jay Mohr and Kevin Smith did an entire show (CBS and XM) last week, as did Billy Connolly, and theres always comedians coming in: Rich Vos, Patrice O'Neal, Bill Burr.? I dont think O&A have done a show with just the two of them in over a year.

Also, they made the deal with CBS Radio, not Clear Channel.

OK well whoever they signed with to go back ONTO terrest radio (simulcast). Guess I don't listen enough, although I only drive about 10 minutes a day so it's a short window to judge. Every time I do it's just the 2 of them.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 04:17:44 PM by pasnow » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 04:39:40 PM »

OK well whoever they signed with to go back ONTO terrest radio (simulcast). Guess I don't listen enough, although I only drive about 10 minutes a day so it's a short window to judge. Every time I do it's just the 2 of them.

Like I said, thats impossible.  They literally havent done a show with just the two of them in a long, long time (if they did at all since 2004).
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 07:13:45 PM »

I drive 5 minutes to work and my SIRIUS Howard 100 channel in the morning puts a smile on my face every day.  I now get 10 minutes on the way back too with the repeat or Bubba. Beats Testicular radio hands down.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 04:54:14 PM »

Ive been saving up my pennies over the last several weeks, and have finally decided to spring for something Ive wanted since it first came out, that beeing satellite radio.. Grin

Im not a sports fanatic by any stretch of the imagination, so my interest in satellite radio is strictly music based...so which service is better geared towards me?

Sirius or XM?

When it comes to music, my interests of course follow along the wavelength of Gn'R a la 70's, 80's early 90's, while I also wouldn't mind hearing some new, and upcoming bands here and there... Cheesy

If I understand correctly, either console is entirely portable, which means they come with a headphone jack, so you could theoretically take your Satellite radio on the go with you just like an Ipod, right?

Any thoughts, advice would be appreaciated, and thanks in advance Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »

I just got a sirius radio for christmas and ill say i cant wait to hook it up, listening to howard stern and my fav station hair 80  hihi

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
deadflowerII
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2006, 05:43:16 PM »

I've had mine for 1 yr.IT ROCKS !!!!Even if you don't like howard it rocks.....Buzzsaw,Faction,Raw Dog,Howard 100&101.......Those channels are the shit!!! peace

XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2006, 08:58:23 PM »

Ive had sirius over a year now, and I cant see being without it anymore. I have 3 cars, and all 3 have the hookup so I can just bring it with me nomatter what car I drive. I also have the base for home so I can listen at home too. Before Howard was on I was into Hair Nation, Buzzsaw, Octane and all that stuff, but honestly since Howard I can turn him off. He puts a great show on daily!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: