Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Sirius Satelite Radio
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sirius Satelite Radio  (Read 5892 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« on: June 07, 2006, 08:43:54 AM »

Well for all you Sirius haters, Sirius satelite radio has now taken the final steps to become the long term #1 Satelite radio company.

Howard Stern and Sirius now own the rights to all of Howards shows from Krock. He now has 23,000 hours of classic uncensored radio shows from the last 20 years.

They settled the suit with CBS and now have gained all howards old tapes.

Howard will most likely add a 3rd channel for all classic stern.

Think about all the bits that have been bleepd over the years now they will play all thoses shows UNCENSORED.

Priceless

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 08:48:54 AM »

Yeah! 'Cause no one says fuck like Stern!!

I agree that it's stupid to bleep cursewords, but to be able to hear them is nothing to get wet about.

And it's good that a lawsuit was settled.. It'd be nice if everyone could be friends.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:53:07 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 08:50:29 AM »

Good for SATELLITE RADIO - note I didn't say good for Sirius.  Its good for the INDUSTRY.

Just like the O&A deal is w/ FreeFM (and the fact that they pimp XM during every commercial break)

Death to terrestrial, viva la digital revolution! (or something.. my spanish sucks)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »

Howard 99 (if indeed that's what it is) should have a steady stream of all the stuff. And No best ofs, just play some old stuff or some original new programming.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 02:55:25 PM »

WOW....cause I couldn't already figure out what "BLEEP YOU" meant..

This just means Howard can go ahead and play old bits and not concentrate of doing a new show...

UGHHH   12 dollars to hear what I have already heard on Ters. Radio...Wait NO BEEPS!   Faggots

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 04:11:31 PM »

? This just means Howard can go ahead and play old bits and not concentrate of doing a new show...

UGHHH? ?12 dollars to hear what I have already heard on Ters. Radio...Wait NO BEEPS!? ?Faggots

Look bostonbutt you talk out your ass on here sometimes. A complainer a whiner. STFU
Howard will most likely add a third channel. So that will be 2 channels devoted to new programming and one channel to classic stern. He has 23,000 hours of old radio shows. As one of the options out there right now is to play 2 or 3 entire shows in chronological order from the beginning every day on a classic type channel. It would take 7 plus years to get through all the stuff running 2 or 3 shows each day then repeating them that day so you have a chance to here the daily new show then hear a classic show.  Howard paid his entire show salary in the first few months he was there every thing from here on out is money in sirius pocket. Think about it. Sirius radio has just concreted stern on there radio for years after if he retires. I have been a fan for over 10 years, but now I can listen from day 1 at Krock on. Today his show was 5 1/2 hours long with very little commercials. How many hours of buttplug and andy did you get today. 
His channels are 24 hours a day none stop with action not just a few hours.

If you listened to stern you would know that his old show were cut to pieces so now they will be heard as they were meant to be.

Sorry to rant but testicualar radio can fucking die and I have the gut feeling you were giving a jab becuase you sux O&A balls.   WoW faggs

The numbers will speak for themselves.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »

You know what I take back what I said. This is good for satelite radio in general. I do not want to come across as bashing xm. Somebody just got me pissed Roll Eyes.

You know what this site needs a who gives a shit forum it could be a subsection under deadhorse, and at times some people could be banned to there for ever. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I know a guy that would fit right in there.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »

Is it ok to like both O&A AND Stern?  Just checking, because it seems like anytime someone mentions one its with a great deal of anger towards the other.

I like Howard.  I don't like how Howard treated O&A way back when on WNEW.  I like O&A.  Each show appeals to me on a different level.  Sometimes I'll listen to Howard for a couple weeks, sometimes O&A, sometimes both in the same day.  (Gotta love Newsgroups..) .  I sub to both services so that I have the CHOICE. 

I just want to see terrestrial choke on Satan's cock.. outside of that, I don't really care what sat company is 'better' this week.  I pay for both, I enjoy both - que sera sera.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 04:34:27 PM »

Is it ok to like both O&A AND Stern?? Just checking, because it seems like anytime someone mentions one its with a great deal of anger towards the other.

I like Howard.? I don't like how Howard treated O&A way back when on WNEW.? I like O&A.? Each show appeals to me on a different level.? Sometimes I'll listen to Howard for a couple weeks, sometimes O&A, sometimes both in the same day.? (Gotta love Newsgroups..) .? I sub to both services so that I have the CHOICE.?

I just want to see terrestrial choke on Satan's cock.. outside of that, I don't really care what sat company is 'better' this week.? I pay for both, I enjoy both - que sera sera.

-darknemus

Yes it is that is why I will state sorry I just get defensive when bs facts or rumors are thrown around.? ?It drives me nutz, on this site as well about the new vs old thing. Really who cares.

Howards new deal will bring more listeners to satelite radio.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 04:38:28 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 08:00:09 PM »

? This just means Howard can go ahead and play old bits and not concentrate of doing a new show...

UGHHH? ?12 dollars to hear what I have already heard on Ters. Radio...Wait NO BEEPS!? ?Faggots

Look bostonbutt you talk out your ass on here sometimes. A complainer a whiner. STFU
Howard will most likely add a third channel. So that will be 2 channels devoted to new programming and one channel to classic stern. He has 23,000 hours of old radio shows. As one of the options out there right now is to play 2 or 3 entire shows in chronological order from the beginning every day on a classic type channel. It would take 7 plus years to get through all the stuff running 2 or 3 shows each day then repeating them that day so you have a chance to here the daily new show then hear a classic show.? Howard paid his entire show salary in the first few months he was there every thing from here on out is money in sirius pocket. Think about it. Sirius radio has just concreted stern on there radio for years after if he retires. I have been a fan for over 10 years, but now I can listen from day 1 at Krock on. Today his show was 5 1/2 hours long with very little commercials. How many hours of buttplug and andy did you get today.?

If you listened to stern you would know that his old show were cut to pieces so now they will be heard as they were meant to be.

Sorry to rant but testicualar radio can fucking die and I have the gut feeling you were giving a jab becuase you sux O&A balls.? ?WoW faggs

oh god.....
 you need to get out more....really....grow up.... Roll Eyes

Cry? he's talking bad about howard? Cry? ?he doesn't know that howard will add a 3rd channell? ?Cry
he likes O and A and not Howard? Cry
 Cry i get defensive on a message board.... my mom doesn't love me..... Cry
sorry lil fuck that you are? ?ok
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:02:47 PM by Bostonrose » Logged

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 09:37:21 PM »

Is it ok to like both O&A AND Stern?? Just checking, because it seems like anytime someone mentions one its with a great deal of anger towards the other.

I like Howard.? I don't like how Howard treated O&A way back when on WNEW.? I like O&A.? Each show appeals to me on a different level.? Sometimes I'll listen to Howard for a couple weeks, sometimes O&A, sometimes both in the same day.? (Gotta love Newsgroups..) .? I sub to both services so that I have the CHOICE.?

I just want to see terrestrial choke on Satan's cock.. outside of that, I don't really care what sat company is 'better' this week.? I pay for both, I enjoy both - que sera sera.

-darknemus

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Personally, Jim Norton makes O & A for me.  The guy is hilarious.  rofl 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 11:31:42 AM »

Howard will most likely add a third channel. So that will be 2 channels devoted to new programming and one channel to classic stern. He has 23,000 hours of old radio shows. As one of the options out there right now is to play 2 or 3 entire shows in chronological order from the beginning every day on a classic type channel. It would take 7 plus years to get through all the stuff running 2 or 3 shows each day then repeating them that day so you have a chance to here the daily new show then hear a classic show.? Howard paid his entire show salary in the first few months he was there every thing from here on out is money in sirius pocket. Think about it. Sirius radio has just concreted stern on there radio for years after if he retires. I have been a fan for over 10 years, but now I can listen from day 1 at Krock on. Today his show was 5 1/2 hours long with very little commercials. How many hours of buttplug and andy did you get today.?

Sorry to rant but testicualar radio can fucking die and I have the gut feeling you were giving a jab becuase you sux O&A balls.? ?WoW faggs

oh god.....
 you need to get out more....really....grow up.... Roll Eyes

Cry? he's talking bad about howard? Cry? ?he doesn't know that howard will add a 3rd channell? ?Cry
he likes O and A and not Howard? Cry
 Cry i get defensive on a message board.... my mom doesn't love me..... Cry
sorry lil fuck that you are? ?ok

Plain and simple STFU
You are the guy who has been here for a little more than 3 weeks with a negative 3 karma already, cuasing trouble in what ever thread you go in or start. your nothing but a whiny little bitch.

I stated above that I was sorry for making it a xm verse sirius battle. You can have O&A. I'm glad you like them I'm happy for you.

My point is Sirius is doing what needs to be done to ensure that satelite radio puts regular radio on its knees. If you like Howard or not he is the biggest name in radio period. At one point in time he has had over 18 million listeners. He has the ability to bring millions more  to satelite radio which he will.  People will pay 12 bucks a month to have 2 or 3 channels of Howard all the time 24 hrs a day.

Oh and STFU I do not agree with everything howard does or says but I can say overall I enjoy his show and the people on it. I can care less what o&a do or say. I have a few times tried to listen to O&A it is not for me.

Personally if you like there show you would love the kidd chris show becuase  they are similar in more ways to chris's than with howards show, I do however like teh kidd chris show alot. Which he will be going to sirius also when his contract is up. You can count on that. 

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 11:34:45 AM »

A channel of classic Stern sounds really, really good.  Hopefully its real classic material, and not a lot of 2000-2002 material like the last few years of Best-Ofs. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 11:44:31 AM »

A channel of classic Stern sounds really, really good.? Hopefully its real classic material, and not a lot of 2000-2002 material like the last few years of Best-Ofs.?

My suggestion was/is to do the following:

You start with their first show at Krock in '85 and run straight through their last show in '05, serialized.? You do that Monday - Friday.? Then, on the weekends, you run all the special "theme" shows and such that they seem to want to run, using all the old material.

They'd have about 4 years, on the M - F run, of material without having to ever repeat a show.

In addition to THAT, I'd actually like to see ANOTHER channel where they run the material "Raw Dog" style...sorta like a running 24/7 "best of" type thing.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »

A channel of classic Stern sounds really, really good.? Hopefully its real classic material, and not a lot of 2000-2002 material like the last few years of Best-Ofs.?

No I think alot of poeple are pushing for a classic channel starting form the begging at krock from 20 years ago and run them in order from start to finish. 23000 hours is alot of stuff they will have to run it on its own channel. I think that would be the smart move, Then maybe showcase a few real classic moments picked to be on at night for an hour on 100 and or 101 then maybe weekends on 100 or 101. We can only hope. If he did not go with the 3rd channel to me it would be a waste becuase that is the only way to get it all on the air. They could do a hank only hour or boey songs etc. Really this has opened up the door for countless posiblilties.

I do not think this will bring down the new creativity of the show it should make it better.

The Artie roast tonight is going to be awesome. ?peace Dice will be on.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 11:54:49 AM »

My suggestion was/is to do the following:

You start with their first show at Krock in '85 and run straight through their last show in '05, serialized.? You do that Monday - Friday.? Then, on the weekends, you run all the special "theme" shows and such that they seem to want to run, using all the old material.

They'd have about 4 years, on the M - F run, of material without having to ever repeat a show.

In addition to THAT, I'd actually like to see ANOTHER channel where they run the material "Raw Dog" style...sorta like a running 24/7 "best of" type thing.

I'm with ya on that idea. I figured if they played each show serialized twice a day so you could catch the daily new show and also get the classic? ok it would take over 7 /12 years for that. yes
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:56:38 AM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 12:02:45 PM »

The Artie roast tonight is going to be awesome. ?peace Dice will be on.

I actually BOUGHT the Sirius home kit last weekend JUST so I could listen to the Artie roast tonight. Smiley

Sounds like it's gonna be funny as shit.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:06:41 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 12:13:56 PM »

Yeah, kindof like reruns of Seinfeld & The Simpsons.. It'd probably be smart to air the first epsiode (1983 era) at 1 time, say 4pm, and a midpoint say 1995, immediately after at 8pm.  This way, if fans don't like one era or another, it will change it up, instead of having to wait 3 years to hear him when he really took off with the Wack Pack & Crackhead Bob etc.. I think E! did this on the E! show airing 1 era at 11, and another at 11:30, usually a 5 year difference in the rotation.

As for Satellite, I'm not trying to turn this into an XM vs. Sirius discussion, but O&A are on terrest radio here, and to me it is not awful enough!! I'm surprised they signed this deal because if anything, it's NOT going to get me to sign up for XM if this is what they have to offer. When O&A were on terrest years ago, they always had comedians in & hanging out, like Jay Mohr, Jim Norton, so it was like 5 guys hanging out. Now it's just these two trying hard to outfunny each other. Which is what I never liked about those guys. Bad move for Clear Channel as well, they just dished out a couple mill to DLRoth for 4 months of service, and although I haven't seen the ratings, I can't imagine O&A are very good either. Nobody I talk to listens to them..

Interesting point about Kid Chris, he's funny and his show is great, he's on afternoon's in Philly. Except he's been on less than a year, I wouldn't think his contract would allow him to leave so soon. But I don't know if DJ's have clauses like that, usually I would think the clause would be the other way, to allow the station to release the DJ.

As for me, I only drive about 10 minutes to work, so it isn't really worthwhile for me to get satellite.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 12:23:44 PM »

Interesting point about Kid Chris, he's funny and his show is great, he's on afternoon's in Philly. Except he's been on less than a year, I wouldn't think his contract would allow him to leave so soon. But I don't know if DJ's have clauses like that, usually I would think the clause would be the other way, to allow the station to release the DJ.

As for me, I only drive about 10 minutes to work, so it isn't really worthwhile for me to get satellite.

Funny you should mention him...

I think he's the DJ that left the old Krock (now FreeFM NYC) when it became apparent he'd never get the morning job there.  Started in Philly maybe a couple months ago (maybe less?), right?

He's friends with Howard, called into the show just before he started in Philly, and Howard called into HIS show on his first day, I think.

On "worth getting sat"...do you listen to much radio at home?  You could get the house adapter kit and make use of it in the house, too.

Sat radio kills everything on Testical radio.  The selection, the lack of commercials, the programming....hell, even the reception, for me, on my commute is better than FM.  But with a 75 min commute, twice a day, it's not hard to justify the cost, either.

Together again,
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »

i listen to no less tha 9 hrs a day of sateltie radio. Plus when you travel long distances satelite is the only way to go.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: