Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 04:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  mr bumblefoot appreciation thread
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: mr bumblefoot appreciation thread  (Read 3638 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 07, 2006, 03:19:57 AM »

If there is one then merge it, if not I wanted to say the newest member is one hell of a player and one hell of a human being....  Here's to hoping he is there for the long run and gets to create new music with the guys beer

Anyone who hung with him outside of hammerstein or has written him via email knows what a clas act he is, so I think he deserves our cheers in a thread dedicated to him..

Even if he left tomorrow I would still keep up with whatever he is doing because of his respect for the fans and the idea you just know he cares....

Rock on man and best of luck smoking
Brody
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:49:13 AM »

yea gotta give it up for bumble foot hes the shit!!
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 03:51:36 AM »

hell yeah man! bumblefoot is one awesome guitarist and such a genuine guy.. i really hope he will stay with the band 'till the end! maybe for the 2nd album whenevr that comes out, he'll be on it.. im sure he will..

that guy just rocks

i love this new band love
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:11:14 AM »

Even if he left tomorrow I would still keep up with whatever he is doing because of his respect for the fans and the idea you just know he cares....

Then maybe you should know more about his past... he produced Inhuman's "Evolver" and "Rebellion" records.  They are a great NYHC band.  He also produced some of Indecision's first few records which are incredible as well.  I am quite certain that he also engineered/produced the album for One Second Thought.  He has his roots in NYHC which I definitely appreciate. 
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 04:30:48 AM »

This guy kills Buckethead for me, he has the stage presence, style in playing n' fits in well!! beer beer

He goes off live n' i dig imput into the solos', fuck yeah im real happy this guys in GNR!! 

Thanx for the wicked rendition of Dont Cry Ron, your style kix arse, welcome dude smoking smoking

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 04:37:24 AM »

Like 'm just as much as Buckethead.

Glad to see things worked out they way I always hoped they would, after Bucket left in '04.

I really hope he will be in for the long run...

-PEACE-

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:45:53 AM »

Richard and Robin are the 2 major guitar players of the band.
Bumblefoot is just an additional guitar player, as Buckethead was, and he is not necessary to this band.
They don't need 3 guitar players.

To sum-up: nice guy...but not necessary.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:49:37 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 05:49:20 AM »

Bumblefoot is just an additional guitar player, as Buckethead was, and is not really necessary to this band.

I agree... as much as ron is  a phenominal player, and the nicest guy i'm probably ever met.... I honestly wish just richard and robin were on guitar. 3 is just too much. BUT if there must be three there is noone else I want would for the job.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 05:53:52 AM »

HE is a definite class act guy, with an amazing talent. And as far as him in GNR, he is a welcome breath of fresh air, who really fits well, interacts well and overall is a welcome addition to this great band GUNS N ROSES!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 05:56:04 AM »

Does anyone give a shit about the necessity, or lack of same, of a third guitarist?
If the music sounds good, why complain? I mean, you could probably get to work everyday with only one leg but I don't see anyone reaching for the hacksaw to save on shoe expenses.

I don't think there's any doubt about Thal's quality, he's a good addition to the band. A decent songwriter too - I don't find him as exciting as BH but I'm interested to see what he brings to the band long-term.
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 06:00:01 AM »

Bumblefoot is just an additional guitar player, as Buckethead was, and he is not necessary to this band.

To sum it up:

Same bullshit, different day...

-PEACE-

Ps. In any band where either Buckethead or Ron plays, other players will always be way more "additional" then those two genre boosting virtuosos....

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 06:03:39 AM »

Blah blah blah. Have you seen the band live yet?

You must be really naive if you think they'd add a guitarist if they don't need one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 06:09:31 AM »

Blah blah blah. Have you seen the band live yet?

You must be really naive if you think they'd add a guitarist if they don't need one.

/jarmo

I will see the band Live. But if you knew your website, you would probably know that in lots of reviews people say the 3rd guitar player is not necessary.

/blah blah blah.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 06:11:21 AM »

And a lot are saying he's great. Yet you choose to side with the ones who say he isn't... Wonder why.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 06:20:44 AM »

Ron looks like he is having a ball. Good luck to him and this band. May the haters find solace in their adoration of fallen idols.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 06:20:55 AM »

I knew him before he joined GNR, and if you read my messages, you would know I like his solo career.
But for me, a solo career is a solo career, and GNR is another thing. Someone can be great in his solo career, but pointless in a Rock band where there are already 2 guitar players who give entire satisfaction.

I mean...just see the 1st solo of "Nightrain"... are 2 guitar players necessary to play it? It's a pretty small solo, it's pointless to "divide"it, same for Out to get me, and many solos...
Back in the days, Slash was the only solist in this band, and no one, I mean, no one ever complained about the fact the band "needed" a 3rd guitar player. Didn't Tommy back in 2004 say "We have enought guitar players"? he was right. Axl should have listened to his bandmate.

And believe me, playing "Coma" at Chicago'92 was MUCH more dificult than playing IRS on guitars.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 06:32:44 AM by nesquick » Logged

Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 06:58:14 AM »

Look around Nesquick?

We?re in the Bumblefoot-appreciation-thread.

This is not the thread- specifically-designed-for-Nesquick-to-yet-again-indirectly-express-his-worship-for-Richard Fortus-and-Robin Finck-by-pulling-it-offtopic-with-another-unnecessary?provocative-ignorance-driven-statement.

Would it really be too much to ask, to just once respect a concept like this?

but pointless in a Rock band where there are already 2 guitar players who give entire satisfaction.

Speak for yourself, but those two really don?t give me entire satisfaction.

Apparently Axl agrees?

As long as a big part of the new music isn?t released and nobody knows how serious Axl?s double lead ambitions should be taken you?re not making any sense. All I know is that Axl wanted to head for new musical directions one of which is double lead concepts. Knowing this I can perfectly understand why he needs another player, but moreover I can perfectly understand why he chooses to have somebody in the band who has proven to be able to take the guitar into the 21st century from a writing and skills viewpoint (which really can?t be said in equal amounts for Richie and Robbie).

I mean...just see the 1st solo of "Nightrain"... are 2 guitar players necessary to play it? It's a pretty small solo, it's pointless to "divide"it, same for Out to get me, and many solos...
Back in the days, Slash was the only solist in this band, and no one, I mean, no one ever complained about the fact the band "needed" a 3rd guitar player.

Blablabla?..again, you?re only reasoning with the past as your main reference to discuss the future of a band of which Axl probably knows best where it?s heading at.

And believe me, playing "Coma" at Chicago'92 was MUCH more dificult than playing IRS on guitars.

And believe me, that?s totally irrelevant in this discussion.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:08:03 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »

If there is one then merge it, if not I wanted to say the newest member is one hell of a player and one hell of a human being....  Here's to hoping he is there for the long run and gets to create new music with the guys beer

Anyone who hung with him outside of hammerstein or has written him via email knows what a clas act he is, so I think he deserves our cheers in a thread dedicated to him..

Rock on man and best of luck smoking

I agree with everything you've said there. He seems to be a real asset to GnR, and whilst I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing him and the band live yet, it will soon come (Download), and if I'm lucky I might get to meet Bumblefoot (not at Download, more likely at Newcastle), and sample 1st hand what a nice guy he seems to be.
As for his playing, as soon as I heard he was the new guitarist I got hold ofsome of his solo work (Normal) and I love this album! I managed to see RIR as well, and his solo at the end of Nov. Rain blew me away... which is something I didn't think would be able to happen ever since Slash left the band, but Ron Thal filled his shoes perfectly on that occasion!

I too hope that he is in GnR for a long time!
estranged.1098
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 07:05:05 AM »

Bumblefoot has impressed me with his playing and the way he treats fans. He's a great addition to this band, and I'm glad Axl found him.
ashlar
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »

Does anyone give a shit about the necessity, or lack of same, of a third guitarist?
If the music sounds good, why complain? I mean, you could probably get to work everyday with only one leg but I don't see anyone reaching for the hacksaw to save on shoe expenses.

I don't think there's any doubt about Thal's quality, he's a good addition to the band. A decent songwriter too - I don't find him as exciting as BH but I'm interested to see what he brings to the band long-term.
Good Post  ok

Axl wants his music to sound a certain way, that way being 3 guitar players. enough with the crying and moaning. BBF rocks. period.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: