Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 62215 times)
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2006, 02:10:46 PM »

To me it's okay to listen to it and then go out and buy it. But, I just get pissed off when people download an entire album so they don't have to buy it.

I don't know why some people can't seem to get it through their heads that illegal downloading is illegal.

alot of things are illegal but people will still do them if they can get something for free.

Uh really? Do you actually think I was born yesterday?

then why ask the question?

I never asked a question besides the 'do you think I was born yesterday' response? My post said 'I don't know why people can't..."

That, my friend, is not a question, that's more of a statement. Like saying: "I wonder why (fill in the blank.)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »

Jim...a computer costs more than a c.d., I don't care how cheap the computer is.

Oh my, how besides the point. How about her sister gave her/him the computer? Or... He/she bought the computer for their son? The logistics really are irrelevant.

And, who cares if the red hot chili peppers are all rich? It's their work and people should have to pay the $13-20 to access that music.

I'm almost in a mind to divide this quote into two! Point the first,

who cares? I care! The point is that, because they are rich then unless they are greedy (which I'm sure that they're not) this should not be about money, they have no right to complain because they are going to sell a few less records. Point the second,

and it is almost laughable! What a great way of putting things into persepctive that was. Or rather, what a great way of putting your view into perspective that was. '...people should have to pay the $13-20 to access that music.' Why?! Of course I don't mean that is in 'why' should we have to pay for it, I mean it rather as in why should it be $13-20 for an album?! Who says that is the right price for music to be sold at, the good Lord himself? No, the only reason that you think that we should have to pay $13-20 for an album is because that is what you have been paying, and it because of people like you that think it is acceptable that the music industry is still getting away with it.

... if I made a drawing or something and sold it in the stores, I woulden't want people to just grab the painting, not pay for it and walk out of the store. I would want them to pay for the hard work that I have done.

Oh, what a poor analogy! An original painting, a one of a kind if you will, against a CD that is be spewed out at the pricely sum of, what, half a penny? I don't remember how much it costs now, but it's probably a lot less than half a penny. Nevermind the fact that, were that to happen (touch wood, are you an artist?) you would never see that painting again.

But, then again, if they are unheard of on the radio, how are they gonna make a name for themselves online?

... And then we get to this. Were the late great Chris Misfit still around he'd just about have kicked your ass half-way around the world by now. How does any band ever get heard if they aren't getting radio play? You know Markus, the radio isn't the only place to hear about new bands. Bands can gain momentum from throwing cheap CD's out for nothing, they can get new fans when they're supporting/duel headlining with other bands or, the old fashioned way, by word of mouth. You see the sticky at the top of this section? (the one that matters) Read it. Go on, be the first person to actually read the rules! You see what is happening in that thread? Well, that is what is happening all over the internet, ever minute of every day. Grass roots music fans are getting unknown bands out there all of the time.

One other thing that I just want to add, which I did mean to say in my original post but completly forgot to include, is that I do not condone the downloading and subsequent bootleg selling by non-fans of copied CD's. It's exploitative to both the artist and whoever they are selling it to (unless they know... If they do, they're an arsehole as well). That is 99% profit from a process that the individual had nothing to do with, and never would I have any part in it.

One more thing as well,

People say that piracy is not destroying the music industry and I agree it's not to a certain extent but music sales have been dropping every year since 2001.

... Well, I didn't say that. I think that you need to be able to distinguish between music and the music industry. I won't shed a tear for the gansters in their mansions when they have to start promoting their albums themselves. But, as I say, unfortunatly the destruction of the music industry, especialy one such as this, is never going to happen. Don't get me wrong, a music industry is a good thing. Ours is just...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2006, 02:49:46 PM »

Jim...a computer costs more than a c.d., I don't care how cheap the computer is.

And, I don't really care how poor the person is. If you want an artists c.d., then you should go out and buy it like everybody else. You shoulden't be stealing it off the internet.

People say that piracy is not destroying the music industry and I agree it's not to a certain extent but music sales have been dropping every year since 2001.

And, who cares if the red hot chili peppers are all rich? It's their work and people should have to pay the $13-20 to access that music.

It's just like if I made a drawing or something and sold it in the stores, I woulden't want people to just grab the painting, not pay for it and walk out of the store. I would want them to pay for the hard work that I have done.

Now, the only thing I really liked about your post was the fact that small bands can make their music heard better this way. But, then again, if they are unheard of on the radio, how are they gonna make a name for themselves online?

well either ban the internet or your never gonna be able to stop it.

since you wernt born yesterday, you should know some people just dont care if its considering stealing.

html sucks
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2006, 05:12:15 PM »

And, I don't really care how poor the person is. If you want an artists c.d., then you should go out and buy it like everybody else. You shoulden't be stealing it off the internet.

It's just like if I made a drawing or something and sold it in the stores, I woulden't want people to just grab the painting, not pay for it and walk out of the store. I would want them to pay for the hard work that I have done.

Now, the only thing I really liked about your post was the fact that small bands can make their music heard better this way. But, then again, if they are unheard of on the radio, how are they gonna make a name for themselves online?

well either ban the internet or your never gonna be able to stop it.

since you wernt born yesterday, you should know some people just dont care if its considering stealing.

No, I do realize that, I just don't think you see my point of view.

Also, my response was not meant for you. Have a nice day.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2006, 05:25:48 PM »

Oh my, how besides the point. How about her sister gave her/him the computer? Or... He/she bought the computer for their son? The logistics really are irrelevant.

Okay, it just seemed rather silly to me you were talking about somebody who could get a cheap computer but coulden't buy one c.d.

I'm almost in a mind to divide this quote into two! Point the first,

who cares? I care! The point is that, because they are rich then unless they are greedy (which I'm sure that they're not) this should not be about money, they have no right to complain because they are going to sell a few less records. Point the second,

and it is almost laughable! What a great way of putting things into persepctive that was. Or rather, what a great way of putting your view into perspective that was. '...people should have to pay the $13-20 to access that music.' Why?! Of course I don't mean that is in 'why' should we have to pay for it, I mean it rather as in why should it be $13-20 for an album?! Who says that is the right price for music to be sold at, the good Lord himself? No, the only reason that you think that we should have to pay $13-20 for an album is because that is what you have been paying, and it because of people like you that think it is acceptable that the music industry is still getting away with it.

This conversation is not about what the record companies should and should not be charging. You kind of went off-topic there.

... if I made a drawing or something and sold it in the stores, I woulden't want people to just grab the painting, not pay for it and walk out of the store. I would want them to pay for the hard work that I have done.

Oh, what a poor analogy! An original painting, a one of a kind if you will, against a CD that is be spewed out at the pricely sum of, what, half a penny? I don't remember how much it costs now, but it's probably a lot less than half a penny. Nevermind the fact that, were that to happen (touch wood, are you an artist?) you would never see that painting again.

A piece of art is a piece of art. And, if the artist (singer) puts it out there, no one has the right to steal it. By the way, there are plenty of drawings/paintings that cost more than that.

So, far your reponses have trailed off from the main point. But, I guess that's not too suprising considering this is Jim we're talking about.

But, then again, if they are unheard of on the radio, how are they gonna make a name for themselves online?

... And then we get to this. Were the late great Chris Misfit still around he'd just about have kicked your ass half-way around the world by now. How does any band ever get heard if they aren't getting radio play? You know Markus, the radio isn't the only place to hear about new bands. Bands can gain momentum from throwing cheap CD's out for nothing, they can get new fans when they're supporting/duel headlining with other bands or, the old fashioned way, by word of mouth. You see the sticky at the top of this section? (the one that matters) Read it. Go on, be the first person to actually read the rules! You see what is happening in that thread? Well, that is what is happening all over the internet, ever minute of every day. Grass roots music fans are getting unknown bands out there all of the time.

One other thing that I just want to add, which I did mean to say in my original post but completly forgot to include, is that I do not condone the downloading and subsequent bootleg selling by non-fans of copied CD's. It's exploitative to both the artist and whoever they are selling it to (unless they know... If they do, they're an arsehole as well). That is 99% profit from a process that the individual had nothing to do with, and never would I have any part in it.

Chris Misfit isn't as mighty as you think. We've had a couple conversations, he isn't all bad and shit.
However, in this post, you do bring up valid points because I honestly didn't know how a band (who nobody knows) who doesn't get radio airplay gets known on the internet.

One more thing as well,

... Well, I didn't say that. I think that you need to be able to distinguish between music and the music industry. I won't shed a tear for the gansters in their mansions when they have to start promoting their albums themselves. But, as I say, unfortunatly the destruction of the music industry, especialy one such as this, is never going to happen. Don't get me wrong, a music industry is a good thing. Ours is just...

I never said that you said it, I said people say it, as in people excluding yourself. Here I was just bringing up a valid point. Of course, there's a difference between music and the music industry. A better way to say it is, there is a difference between the band and the record label that wants them to succeed so they can make money.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 05:30:14 PM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2006, 05:30:37 PM »

... Nah, I prefer my way of saying it. But, way to quote my post in its entirity when all that you have to say relates to the very last paragraph. Smooth.

Also, for the record, the new song has grown on me, quite a bit.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2006, 07:28:52 PM »

Jim new CDs cost 9.99 at Best Buy.

IF people cant afford that then they shouldnt have internet and should be homeless.

What people dont realize is.

U may DL the album and buy it BUT how bout the hundreds of people who DL it off u that dont buy it?

Flea is very sensitive so yeah its an overeaction to some but for someone who slaved for a? year and a half and put their entire being into a work of art, I dont think he is overreacting at all.

People hear low quality versions and form opinions based on that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2006, 08:05:33 PM »

I downloaded the new peal jam and tool cd last week .Then bought them this week Cause if i download something and like it I'll buy it.

you can't worth about other people if they downloaded it like it but don't buy it thats their choice .

Ad far a s the quality ,well the qualtiy of the the legal downloads is not much better infact they are about the same.And yet you can buy the Chill's stuff of itunes and other legal sites.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »

People have to ask themselves a ?

are bands having no longetivity because they suck

OR

they dont get time to develop because people DL their CD for free instead of buying it therefore they sell only a few hundred th ousand copies and get dropped.

I know Id be enraged when I get signed if My CD got leaked and I put every bit of my soul into it and it didnt sell well and I get dropped before I even get a chance to get started.

I dont think Flea is talkin bout those who  buy the album he is talkin bout the ones who DL for free and dont buy.

Those people are killin the music business.

WHy U ask?

cause profits are being shrunk due to illegal DL therefore record labels only mass produce shit that will turn a quick profit and is safe but lacks in artistic integrity.

theyd rather have 5 bands who suck sell 2 million albums than have a great band who may sell 500,000.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2006, 08:43:57 PM »

I see were your coming from D.But you can't blame the whole sales slump on Downlaoding .A lot has to due with the fact that the recoded companys releas a lot of shit product every year.

And hell the companys really don't care about the aritist the will sign some one just to get one or two hits of them then they could care less about them.

And yeah their a a lot of band that illegal downloading hurt .But their are some that it helps think about how many kids who have descovered a band from illegal downloads.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2006, 12:39:56 AM »

Well I'm not syaing anything official, but I've previewed about 20 songs so far.

I've listened to the sounds and vibes of them, its a lot of variety. For an album of 28 songs, that's a good thing, but there's too much funk/early rhcp. I like the 99-2002 era RHCP better.

They really mixed it all together, which isn't bad but I personally almost might not buy the record. "Stadium Arcadium" is the best song so far I must say. It's a decent album. For the length, it's great. I just don't like the early RHCP, if you do then you will love this album...

What do you guys think?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »

Slow Cheetah is one of the greatest songs ever

Man what a fuckin song this is.

I cannot wait till Tuesday

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2006, 08:26:57 AM »

just got it this morning. its fucking sweet cd man theres some songs that kinda suck though.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2006, 09:44:39 AM »

just got it this morning. its fucking sweet cd man theres some songs that kinda suck though.

how did u get it this morning?

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2006, 10:23:38 AM »

how did u get it this morning?

its on bittorrent

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2006, 10:29:44 AM »

so it didnt get released early?

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2006, 11:36:50 AM »

so it didnt get released early?

yes it did, at least here in Norway! the dude at the record store said the record company gave them the ok to release it today.
I wake up and read a text message on my phone "Ive got Stadium Arcadium, FUCK YEAH!" hihi was from the guitarplayer in my band, haha.
needless to say I drove straight to town and got it!
Im still only on the first disc, but it's fucking AMAZING man!!! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2006, 07:22:38 PM »

gp2 meganova.org and type the name of the cd in. dl the first one the pass is at the bottom of the description.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

daaaaaaamn, I can't even begin to explain how much I love this album!!
this is IMO their best effort since BSSM, definately!
it's got everything, funk, rock, mellow...all clashed together in a fucking amazing double album!
it took me probably a few months to fully appreciate the BTW album, it was a little hard to get into for me. but I love it a lot now. but this one...lord, I loved it from first listening! normally that might not be a good thing, since you might get tired of it sooner. but it's got 28 friggin songs! so I think I'll keep my ears very busy with this album for a very long time!

my first favourites are of course the most funky rockers, but that's cos Ive always been an old school RHCP fan. but the more mellow ones are just friggin great as well!
I can easily play through both cd's without skipping a single song, just enjoying the whole thing.
I think I will have this album on repeat for quite some time before I even listen to anything else again!
that says a lot, cos Im very restless when it comes to music, I usually switch a helluva lot between artists and albums when Im listening to music.

it gets a 5 outta 5 from me for damn sure! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2006, 08:01:29 AM »

So far I've heard the first 4 songs and Slow Cheetah. Snow is easily the best one for me. I cant really say that I'm a fan although I've liked the songs that I've heard. Theres just something that keeps me  from buying their music. So far the 5 songs I've heard are good but there arent any real surprises. Except for Snow, everything else immediately sounds like RHCP. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view. peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »