Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 62224 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2006, 04:37:25 PM »

Cry me a river......man..... He should be happy people want to hear / listen to their songs! I couldn't wait to check out people's reaction about the songs...if I knew it got leaked....there isn't anything you can do about it at that point......the comments on the album have been more then positive by the way.....no...instead he bitches about it beeing leaked....no shit......that unfortunately happens with every band....every band..... It breaks his heart? Devastated...hurt?...A painful pill??.....C'mon....too much big words.

I would be hurt if someone stole work in progress songs. Then I could understand his point of view. Not finished ready to go songs, which quality leaked is around 160 kbs... mp3's on your mp3 player are around 128......

No man... I just don't see where he's coming from....Mars or Jupiter?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »

Well, I hate to say it... but: Newsflash Flea!  This is 2006 -- Albums leak and people listen to MP3 quality music on iPods.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »

Yeah, it's very sad for bands to go through this sort of thing. But, a more important question, how do you stop it?

stop sending out advance copies to the media. your fans are gonna buy it without reading a review anyways, so make the press/media wait til the release date befor ethey can review it. that's the only thing i can think of. that and stop putting streams of it online for advance listening. people just record that shit.

i don't know what flea is talking about with this poor sound quality mumbo jumbo. the version i got was FLAC files which are lossless quality, and it sounds great to me. maybe someone just copied mp3's into flac, but it sounds atleast just as good as anything i've ever downloaded from Itunes.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2006, 07:14:46 PM »

I think Flea already explained, in his own way, that he's a little behind the times.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2006, 07:14:55 PM »

any musician who condones this baffles me.

Dont Try Me would u want to pour your heart and soul into an album for a year and a half then have someone just fuckin steal it?

Come on.

I am buying the big ?60 dollar box set thing and Im not gonna DL any of these songs.

Why u ask?

Cause flea asked me not to.

I respect the bands and musicians who inspire me and fulfill me and paying them for doing that is the least I can do cause they deserve it.

If it didnt matter to them, I may have DL a few songs, but since he asked us not to and I respect him and admire him, I shall not.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2006, 07:29:45 PM »

I downloaded a handful of the songs, but no more. I wanna wait with the rest, and Im not listening to the ones I have again.
I won't be buying the big box set stuff, not yet at least. I'll just get the album now, and order the box set from the US later, since it costs half there of what it costs here. ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2006, 07:38:16 PM »

Cry me a river......man..... He should be happy people want to hear / listen to their songs!
No man... I just don't see where he's coming from....Mars or Jupiter?

It is lame when people download a whole album. A few songs are ok. But bands lose money when lots of fans rip the entire album off. I don't care if it's the year 2030, stealing is stealing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2006, 07:44:36 PM »

I downloaded a handful of the songs, but no more. I wanna wait with the rest, and Im not listening to the ones I have again.
I won't be buying the big box set stuff, not yet at least. I'll just get the album now, and order the box set from the US later, since it costs half there of what it costs here. ok

There are 28 songs and I listend to about 5.

Just enough to know how great its gonna be but Im finished till Tuesday and I listened to the VH1 thing.

If Flea hadnt wrote that, i may have DL those 5 I heard off Vh1.

But its just 5 days away, I can wait.

Like the GNR demos. I wish I had waited but then again, I know now the album is gonna be amazing so I dont have to worry bout it anymore.

I know SA is gonna be a masterpiece so now I am fulfilled enough to wait.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2006, 09:19:28 PM »

It is lame when people download a whole album. A few songs are ok. But bands lose money when lots of fans rip the entire album off. I don't care if it's the year 2030, stealing is stealing.

Real fans will buy the album regardless... and attend the band's concert where the real money is made.  If anything, downloading music creates the possibility for the band to earn new fans.

You guys sound like the RIAA blaming the internet for ruining the artists, but the music industry is pumping out processed trash with one hit single that is shoved down your throat so that you buy an album that is all filler.  If Stadium Arcadium is a good album, it will sell.  It doesn't matter if a few hunded people download it a week early for bragging rights.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2006, 09:47:17 PM »

If anything, downloading music creates the possibility for the band to earn new fans.

I agree with that. But I think people have a moral responsibility too. Downloading a few songs to get a sample of what the new album is going to be like is cool.

You guys sound like the RIAA blaming the internet for ruining the artists

They lose money don't they? I'm not an expert on it.

Big bands may survive the internet downloading, but what about the new bands who are not as established and well off?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2006, 03:57:18 AM »

any musician who condones this baffles me.

Dont Try Me would u want to pour your heart and soul into an album for a year and a half then have someone just fuckin steal it?

Come on.

No, I wouldn't want that. But, I would not be devastated, hurt, cry, a bitter pill and all of that wording used in the long statement. Flea is overreacting (IMO). Like I said, unfortunately, this shit happens. Albums leak prior to it's release. So it's a bit weird to dedicate such a long statement about how 'hurt' they are. I understand that he is not happy.

You know, I would however be very very hurt, if someone stole my work in progress songs. Songs that aren't meaned to be heard yet. This is a somewhat different situation. Look, the Chili Peppers album is on scedual for it's release, over the next week? (don't know the exact date) But the songs....are finished. So why be all negative about it beeing leaked? Cause the sound quality not beeing up to par? Maybe....That is a good point he makes I understand that.

But people taking a peak? Does that hurt the artist? I mean.... people who like the band are gonna the album regardles.

So because I'm a musician myself... I don't see why he would make such a hissy fit about it? That was my only point. It's not like I disrepect his wishes. It's not about that. It's about the wording he used to make his point, wasn't exactly needed? I wasn't looking for a discussion about leaks beeing 'bad' cause in a way yes, it is.

Journey: You might want to quote a little more then that from me. My point was.....all of the above and between those comments you quoted. The lines you choose from me are just bits / 'conclusions'. I think some of my arguments are still holding. And ofcourse some of yours hold too. Artist do lose money over it, and yes I find that sad.

What I was trying to say.....hmm...well.... Let me ask you all this question:

Did Flea overeacted a little bit with his statement?

That is and was the only thing I questioned / wanted to question with my posts.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:11:02 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Evolution
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »

I download Tell Me Baby because I heard a dodgy boot of it, and fucking hell! It sounds so much better  ok

I'll leave it at that though, I'm going halfers with my brother on SA.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2006, 10:16:34 AM »

Well I'm going to listen to all the leaks to preview it, I will still buy it though... so it's cool.

I do respect what they're doing. But is listening to it illegally then buying it okay guys?

Let me know.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2006, 12:33:10 PM »

To me it's okay to listen to it and then go out and buy it. But, I just get pissed off when people download an entire album so they don't have to buy it.

I don't know why some people can't seem to get it through their heads that illegal downloading is illegal.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »

To me it's okay to listen to it and then go out and buy it. But, I just get pissed off when people download an entire album so they don't have to buy it.

I don't know why some people can't seem to get it through their heads that illegal downloading is illegal.

alot of things are illegal but people will still do them if they can get something for free.

html sucks
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2006, 12:43:16 PM »

alot of things are illegal but people will still do them if they can get something for free.

Uh really? Do you actually think I was born yesterday?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2006, 12:59:32 PM »

Ohhh, they are releasing a new album? Then that's the reason why I see them EVERYWHERE now!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2006, 01:36:25 PM »

'So they don't have to buy it'... Now, that's a bit of a generalization, don't you think? So they don't have to... It almost makes them sound lazy, these pirates. These criminals.

What would you have to say to a single parent, who has pretty much the cheapest computer money can buy (... obviously with a broadband connection, who doesn't these days?), that has no chance of being able to afford the new Red Hot Chilli Peppers album this month, if ever? Would he/she be selfish if they downloaded it? Oh, the musicians, the musicians...

Maybe you are fortunate enough that you can buy every album that comes out that you want, but I think that you need to appreciate that not everybody can. And what? They shouldn't have the privilege to listen to the music of their favourite artist because of a bullshit industry that pumps these albums out at disgusting prices?

Don't give me that 'heart and soul',  'blood and sweat' bollocks either. What about the hundreds of thousands, the millions, of bands out there that are writing from the heart, putting as much into the music they write as this one do but aren't lucky enough to have a radio friendly sound?

I myself will probably download around five or six songs, maybe less, and if I think that it is worth my money then I will buy it... Because I am lucky enough to be able to afford it (Well, sort of...).

Not one member of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers need ever work again. So what right do they have to complain that people are downloading their albums when they are sold at such ludicrously inflated prices? Were it not for the Supermarkets selling chart album's at around ?8.99, we would be back in the ?12.99 for a new album territory over here. Hell, that is already the case with slightly less commercialy succesfull bands (that does not mean bands not part of the industry... there is a difference). Bands like this get to do something they love, as well as making infinitely more money than people that work three times as hard. Yes, it can be a fickle industry but as is the world and so are a lot of jobs.

Journey, the lesser bands need not have any concern about people downloading their music, because chiefly it can only benefit them. It is a great way to get exposure. If they are out of the limelight, the people that care enough about music to have found them in the first place are going to be buying their album anyway. Once they have got that exposure, and have reached the point that there are going to be people around the world, criminals (...I would love to be able to use the world burglar, it's such a great word!)... These robbers!, that there is going to be people downloading their music, well... They are probably by then going to be earning enough that it shouldn't matter.

Music piracy is not going to destroy music. At most, all that it is ever going to destroy is the music industry.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 01:38:28 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2006, 02:05:17 PM »

Uh really? Do you actually think I was born yesterday?

then why ask the question?

html sucks
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2006, 02:06:31 PM »

Jim...a computer costs more than a c.d., I don't care how cheap the computer is.

And, I don't really care how poor the person is. If you want an artists c.d., then you should go out and buy it like everybody else. You shoulden't be stealing it off the internet.

People say that piracy is not destroying the music industry and I agree it's not to a certain extent but music sales have been dropping every year since 2001.

And, who cares if the red hot chili peppers are all rich? It's their work and people should have to pay the $13-20 to access that music.

It's just like if I made a drawing or something and sold it in the stores, I woulden't want people to just grab the painting, not pay for it and walk out of the store. I would want them to pay for the hard work that I have done.

Now, the only thing I really liked about your post was the fact that small bands can make their music heard better this way. But, then again, if they are unheard of on the radio, how are they gonna make a name for themselves online?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: