Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Salaries
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Salaries  (Read 8615 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: June 05, 2006, 04:43:17 PM »

is it normal to never be happy about the money you make ?
i mean, i dont care about money, but it's just driving me nuts that i could make more money ... geez.

nervous nervous nervous

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty normal. But, if you make as much money as Bill Gates does and you complain you don't make enough, then you probably have problems.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:01:38 PM »

alright, i got time then.

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 05:06:22 PM »

Here's the thing about money.

A. The more you make, the more you spend.  I've yet to find someone who can prove this wrong to me.  I know right now if our income doubled, we'd probably wind up spending almost double what we are now.. its just uncanny how it works.

B. Money doesn't provide happiness - but it does provide more ways to satisfy your urges for happiness.

C. No matter if you make a buck an hour, or have a multi-million dollar estate, try to always be greatful for what you have.  Realize there are many, many people in this world less fortunate than yourself.  Sometimes, it also helps to give back a little.. even if its just to slip a guy a couple bucks for a cup of coffee or whatever every now and then.

D. If you're 'satisfied' with how much you make - then I feel that you've settled... I never settle.  I always strive for more in life.. I find that philosphy helps me greatly when doing things like negotiating salaries or working out contract rates or whatever.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 05:08:59 PM »

enough is never enough, when I was an apprentice I was making 5.82 and hour, I was like when I make 11 I'll be happy, then when I made 11 I wanted to make 13-14 etc etc etc.. Now I'm making lots of money and I still would love to make more... Not even because I spend so much, it's because I want to cushion my accounts as much as humanly possible, never know what can happen..
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 05:12:20 PM »

i hear you guys

it's not about what i want, it's about what the opportunities around me
there is always this company, or this career path, or this other MBA diploma that attracs you and you're like " if i do that .... "

i know that the only thing that will keep me from lurking into other companies, will be the U.N. if i get to work there, i'll stop worrying about salary and shit .... well i'll fly firstclass that's one thing Smiley

do you always look for job / diplomas opportunities even if you have a job ?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 05:16:59 PM »

the last part no, i just look for OT or side work, i'm done with books and classes hihi
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »

A. The more you make, the more you spend.  I've yet to find someone who can prove this wrong to me.  I know right now if our income doubled, we'd probably wind up spending almost double what we are now.. its just uncanny how it works.

Well Darknemus, I've proven this theory wrong already several times in my career history. At those times, I was actually putting more money into savings then I was spending. My spending pretty much stayed the same as always.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »

Drew,

I commend you.  I've never managed to do that - not at any real level, anyway.  Don't get me wrong,. I have savings.. but I also spend alot of money on stupid crap i don't need.  Its that 'keeping up with the jones' syndrome, I guess.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 08:27:52 PM »

A. The more you make, the more you spend.? I've yet to find someone who can prove this wrong to me.? I know right now if our income doubled, we'd probably wind up spending almost double what we are now.. its just uncanny how it works.

I agree with this.  I just got a $20K raise 2 weeks ago.  I'm sure I won't save $20K in the next year! no

Why don't you just....
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »

Yes! The more I make, the more I want and need. I dont think enough will ever be enough  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 08:39:02 PM »

the more i make, the less my wife works.  rant

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »

the more i make, the less my wife works.? rant

rofl I should do that!  ok

Why don't you just....
lald04
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 08:56:58 PM »

I think it depends on what kind of work you do.
For example, if you're making $1/hour on working your ass off such as a construction worker, then there should be a reason to be unhappy. But, if you're making $1/hour on something like screwing caps on toothpaste bottles, then maybe you should really think about why you're getting paid that way.

...its a miracle how long we can stay...[/i][/size]
sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 08:59:57 PM »

rofl I should do that!? ok

rofl rofl

although in honor of all moms/housewives out there, i should clarify my statement and say the more i make, the less my wife EARNS. cause as i've heard from my wife 8,000 times, being a stay at home mom is ALOT of work.

Roll Eyes

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 09:10:24 PM »

rofl rofl

although in honor of all moms/housewives out there, i should clarify my statement and say the more i make, the less my wife EARNS. cause as i've heard from my wife 8,000 times, being a stay at home mom is ALOT of work.

Roll Eyes

It's all on how you spend your time.  I have 2 active boys so I race from work to pick one of them up and take them to their sporting event and then eat dinner around 8pm and then start my chores.  My days have been very long.  I admit that I now have someone cleaning my house because there was no way I could fit that into my day too!

I should have started working less when my husband starting making more money and the boys were babies, but now I make so much money that I would be crazy to quit.

Is this what you call a trap?  confused

Why don't you just....
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 11:20:39 PM »

i agree with this... im tired of chasing the money .. i make 33 dollars an hour and its not enough... not where i live at least....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 03:35:30 AM »

rofl rofl

Roll Eyes

a month or two per year I get to be mr mom and I would take work over that anyday.. My kids are both  younger then 5 so there is no relief.... it might be easier if each morning you shipped them off to school then picked em' up and had both parent when going home..

When I'm home I get 12 hours a day with a 6 month old and  a 4 year old, just lets say thank god I am back to work..
RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 06:35:31 AM »

I make $800,000 a year. I massage the bare naked buttocks of sexy women all day. At times the job gets boring, but I wouldn't give it up for the world.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:00:53 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 07:40:58 AM »

I make $800,000 a year. I massage the bare naked buttocks of sexy women all day. At times the job gets boring, but I wouldn't give it up for the world.

rofl

I did recomend you to my granmother and her friends, they're coming first thing tomorrow. (Actually they left today)

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: