Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting  (Read 44970 times)
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2006, 11:11:31 AM »

man im so fucking there!!!!!

RDS is right bang in the middle of dublin, whats intresting about this is that this is NOT a festival, which makes me think theres gonna be a lot of promotion needed here

this place holds a bout 40,000, im not sure if it well sell out, the last time guns came here they only sold 50000 out of a possible 80000 and thats when they were massive so i cant see them selling 40,000 this

this is just on the radio now, its been advertised as download ireland, and metallica are playing 2 nites later, but you have to buy tickets seperatley for each day

http://www.rds.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8 (venue RDS)

Can anyone explain these diffrent tickets? (these are from the metallica show, but i assume the Guns show will be about the same)
ANGLSESA STAND
?75.00

GENERAL ADMISSION
?64.50

yeah theres a huge standing area in fron of the stage, and theres a stand behind the standing area, so anyone standing will be closer than anyone in the stand
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2006, 11:11:43 AM »

Sniff....sniff.....

Whats that? Hmm...I think.....

Yes, it is.

I definately can.

I smell....SHITE.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2006, 11:24:21 AM »

great news!!   so this is no festival??...??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2006, 11:26:01 AM »

no its not, its been advertised as download Ireland, guns are playing fri nite and metallica sun nite, theres nothing about sunday night, tickets for both shows are sold seperatley
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2006, 11:27:27 AM »

it is just a dublin leg of download. its from the same organizers (in a way). in actuality it isnt a singular solo gig (which makes it likely motely crue to be heading to download england) as it comes under the banner of download even though there will only be a few other bands on the bill.

it doesnt indicate a solo european tour.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »

just changed my pic from the old to the new logo hihi

i really dig that....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2006, 11:49:46 AM »

it is just a dublin leg of download. its from the same organizers (in a way). in actuality it isnt a singular solo gig (which makes it likely motely crue to be heading to download england) as it comes under the banner of download even though there will only be a few other bands on the bill.

Think so too, this is from the MetallicA site:

June 11 Dublin IRE - Download Festival

Korn is rumoured to be there too.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2006, 11:55:39 AM »

Think so too, this is from the MetallicA site:

it is yeah, but its still sdvertised as a one off gig
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2006, 12:25:44 PM »

yea thats cause they cant hold a proper 'festival' with camping etc. in the middle of dublin. they do the same thing with the reading and leeds festivals now.

its good though. it saves us a trip to england (though im still thinking about hopping over for the saturday and sunday of downloading after the rds show). but there is surely no way they're gonna sell out the rds, is there? at the minimum its a 35,000 capacity gig for a concert and i really dont think they'll pull that in over here. which is a shame, and will be kind of embarrassing (for us, that our countrypeople dont appreciate the band/axl as they should).
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »

but there is surely no way they're gonna sell out the rds, is there? at the minimum its a 35,000 capacity gig for a concert and i really dont think they'll pull that in over here. which is a shame, and will be kind of embarrassing (for us, that our countrypeople dont appreciate the band/axl as they should).

yeah thats what im thinking, they only sold 50,000 for slane when they were massive so i cant see them selling out, but you never know if the album is released before then

its good though. it saves us a trip to england (though im still thinking about hopping over for the saturday and sunday of downloading after the rds show).

i have metallica tickets for sunday nite too, i was gonna sell them and go to download and both bands there, sure saves me a lot of hassle now
Cuchulainn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »

ok just have to say that im in total shock Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ? so much so that iv joined up to messageboard on this site ?ok ok : ok:because i usually just read the headlines for the last 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? ?this is unbelievable!!! ?lol ? ? ?thats ?bon jovi on the 20th of may in croke park and now guns like a week afer ?iv died and gone to heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drool drool drool beer beer beer beer beer beer
vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

you never know the the greatest hits sold well over here and a lot of people were too young to see them in slane and it easy to get home from the rds there is plenty of bars hotels around and it going to be a long june summer evening bright till 10 pm most people off work the next day best time for it for the over 30s trip down memory lane and the 20s to see the legendary ?gnr ?
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »

but there is surely no way they're gonna sell out the rds, is there? at the minimum its a 35,000 capacity gig for a concert and i really dont think they'll pull that in over here. which is a shame, and will be kind of embarrassing (for us, that our countrypeople dont appreciate the band/axl as they should).

yeah thats what im thinking, they only sold 50,000 for slane when they were massive so i cant see them selling out, but you never know if the album is released before then

its good though. it saves us a trip to england (though im still thinking about hopping over for the saturday and sunday of downloading after the rds show).

i have metallica tickets for sunday nite too, i was gonna sell them and go to download and both bands there, sure saves me a lot of hassle now

yea i really wanna see metallica (ive never seen the to my enternal shame) and if theyre on the saturday at download in england then i probably will head to england, if i can get anyone convinced to go along with me or ahead of me. i wouldnt mind missing the friday headliner at download england/saturday ireland (even if it is ac/dc) for two shows from axl.

the sooner this week is over the better. i cant get any work done. im like a fucking little kid before christmas. saturday morning cant come soon enough. i need a ticket before i can settle back into real life.

axl back in ireland. bloody hell.
Irishfecker
Headliner

Superman is Irish,and he's a fecker,he's me

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2006, 12:41:52 PM »

a friend of mine rang me to tell me this was happening and ilaughed in his face!!!
In this weekend i get to see four of my favorite bands in dublin, pure fooking quality, Guns, Crue, Metallica and Korn.
Happy fooking days my friends happy fooking days!!!!

i am the fatherIrishfecker,who happens to be superman too,feel priveleged to know me?

why the fuck not?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2006, 12:54:35 PM »

lol its gonan be funny to watch gnr out perform MC on that festival....MC will come out to Vince Neil singing to a cd player and then Axl comes out running around tearing shit up....but atleast ull see some hot chicks on MC stage

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2006, 12:57:50 PM »

you never know the the greatest hits sold well over here and a lot of people were too young to see them in slane and it easy to get home from the rds there is plenty of bars hotels around and it going to be a long june summer evening bright till 10 pm most people off work the next day best time for it for the over 30s trip down memory lane and the 20s to see the legendary  gnr 

good point, it was number one here for 6 or 7 weeks

yea i really wanna see metallica (ive never seen the to my enternal shame) and if theyre on the saturday at download in england then i probably will head to england, if i can get anyone convinced to go along with me or ahead of me. i wouldnt mind missing the friday headliner at download england/saturday ireland (even if it is ac/dc) for two shows from axl.

the sooner this week is over the better. i cant get any work done. im like a fucking little kid before christmas. saturday morning cant come soon enough. i need a ticket before i can settle back into real life.

axl back in ireland. bloody hell.

yeah im still consider ing going to england, but its hard to beat watching a band you like on home soil
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2006, 01:03:07 PM »

ok i recorded this bit of the radio on my fone, its nutin really just the dj's mentioning guns but what the heck

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PYIER2KO
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2006, 01:06:45 PM »

Is it just me or MC and guns of Chinese Democracy make an odd combination?
 Undecided
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2006, 01:16:23 PM »

Is it just me or MC and guns of Chinese Democracy make an odd combination?
 Undecided

No, it' s not just you. I was thinking the same thing...
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »

godamn it, i wish i lived in europe  Sad

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: