Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:01:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting  (Read 42145 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 09:00:07 AM »

I doubt it, on the Download Festival website they use the old GnR writing/symbol.

But I don't know how they are aloud because Slash owns the copyright to the old GnR logo, unless . . . . .  hihi

And how exactly do you know this?

wasn't it slash's dad who made it ?

Nothing to say
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 09:04:46 AM »

I doubt it, on the Download Festival website they use the old GnR writing/symbol.

But I don't know how they are aloud because Slash owns the copyright to the old GnR logo, unless . . . . .  hihi

wasn't it slash's dad who made it ?

It doesn't matter.

Bravado has signed a deal some years ago, guess with whom, and releases products with that logo...

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:58 AM »

It's a full blown epidemic now.

GnR are touring Europe.

I can't imagine they could tour without an album or single to promote.

Things are getting interesting.

where is the official announcement?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
badapple81
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 09:10:39 AM »

Certainly is. The Dublin gig is their gig of their own.. a few more starts a tour! Very exciting!
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »

Be a great show if it was U2 and Gn'R.  But hey a few shows lined up is nice anyway even if it isn't stateside. (yet)  Guns can tour the world (minus the states) and do very well without a cd or single.  Stateside you need something to promote usually.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2006, 09:14:14 AM »

With regards to an official announcement ......sometime this week?

I think axl's on this side of the pond for some reason .

Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »

Heres a tip for you all around that weekend...Go to johnny foxes pub in the mountains. It seems like all the celebritys go up there when they come over, last time a friend of a friend apparently saw the memebers of VR up there, hes not really a music fan so he didnt know who they were! But he chatted away to them and said Slash was just really down to earth

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2006, 09:21:05 AM »

Nightfall, General Admission is for standing so that's the only one we care about. Anglesea Stand is for anyone who wants sit down.

It's confirmed, its on ticketmaster.ie website. I can't wait. This seems to be the Download Festival for Ireland. At the top of the Metallica tickets on the 11th it says Download. But it's annoying because unlike British Download, tickets are sold seperately for each concert in Ireland. G n' R on the ninth and Metallica on the 11th. Also , i'm guessing whoever headlines Friday in Donnington will headline RDS Saturday. A few weeks ago people were saying G n' R, Metallica and AC/DC. If they were right about G n' R and Metallica then AC/DC is probably true as well. Best Weekend Ever!

thnx for the explaination.
About the confirmation on ticketmaster....you can't get extra info on the show and shuc, while ticketsales are supposed to start on saturday...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Origen
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2006, 09:26:24 AM »

But I don't know how they are aloud because Slash owns the copyright to the old GnR logo, unless . . . . .? hihi

I don't know it for a fact, but I've heard people who know there history say it and I believe them.

And you think after Axl battled to keep the name Guns N Roses that he wouldn't use the recognizable logo if he could ?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

I say lets get whitesnake, dokken and krokus and have a real hum dinger  peace

You forgot Grim Reaper!! rofl

I wouldn't worry about the Vince-man and Axl- both of them ought to be at the point now where they know it aint fuckin 1993 and these are high money gigs and they should be on their best behavior.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:39:31 AM by NickNasty06: Vengeance » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2006, 09:37:26 AM »

I don't know it for a fact, but I've heard people who know there history say it and I believe them.

And you think after Axl battled to keep the name Guns N Roses that he wouldn't use the recognizable logo if he could ?

If you don't know something for a fact, don't state it as a fact just cause you believe in someone.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Why would he use the old logo from 20 years ago? He updated the band so it would only make sense to update the logo.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2006, 09:52:20 AM »

Why would he use the old logo from 20 years ago? He updated the band so it would only make sense to update the logo.

He uses the old logo in combination with the new logo.

Maybe it represents a transition from the old to the new.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2006, 09:55:34 AM »

He uses the old logo in combination with the new logo.

Maybe it represents a transition from the old to the new.

so that logo on the site is for real then? I thought it wasnt real...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »

does this mean that Motley and Guns are doing a show together? That is just amazing. Have Motley said anything about it? Maybe they will soon. Should try to get som info from the Crue fans, if the rumours has been going over there too..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2006, 10:16:46 AM »

ha! and i was just about to buy a download ticket today.

its unfortunate the date of these things run so (purposefully) close or id have headed to both.
and shame about motely crue supporting.

but still... axl in ireland. its going off.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »

Should try to get som info from the Crue fans
http://www.motley.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=801132&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

There's the thread from the official M?tley Cr?e message board on their site....
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2006, 10:36:38 AM »

This is awesome news, damn would I love to be able to go to that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2006, 10:57:45 AM »

Heres a tip for you all around that weekend...Go to johnny foxes pub in the mountains. It seems like all the celebritys go up there when they come over, last time a friend of a friend apparently saw the memebers of VR up there, hes not really a music fan so he didnt know who they were! But he chatted away to them and said Slash was just really down to earth
Actually if you remember buck whaleys on leeson st ....that was the aftershow party for slane castle 92.

I bet he's booked the bar in the 4 seasons this time round.
Evolution
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2006, 11:00:40 AM »

If they play Scotland on the 10th June i'll go crazy  hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: