Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:39:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting  (Read 42183 times)
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2006, 03:59:11 AM »

the srue are opening for GNR, thats how its been advertised on the radio and this is a single day event so they have to be playing the same day
Gilby_clarke
Opening Act

GNR and Buckethead fan from sweden

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2006, 05:52:42 AM »

Where can i buy tickets!?

Give it all and ask for no return
And very soon you'll see and you'll begin to learn
It's alright, yes it's alright.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2006, 06:02:37 AM »

www.ticketmaster.ie

but not yet...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2006, 06:05:25 AM »

All the questions about the show should be posted in the Dublin thread in the GN'R On Tour section: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=4.0

This is only for posting news articles...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Cuchulainn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2006, 06:57:11 AM »

i dnt know why it is a big block to motleys ego to open up for gnr  because lets face it    they arent big anymore  they shuld be happy to be givenb the oppertunity to play to a large audience and the cahnce of getting fans on to their side because the facts are  motley died in the 80s along with all other bands in the same gene of music   the only bands to survive the 80s were GnR (tho they didnt surivie axl lol), Aerosmith, U2 and Bon Jovi  so crue shuld tank ther stars they even getttin over to irealnd
sandman
Legend

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2006, 08:20:51 AM »

everyone has their own opinions and i would never force something on anybody or try to discredit someone's tastes in music.

BUT, love em or hate em, you have to at least give the crue some respect. they are far and above the typical glam band from the 80's.

too fast for love and shout at the devil are two incredible albums. and they made several other great songs throughout their career, and their live show is one of the best out there (not just because of the gimmicks).

and the crue are huge right now.....they had one of the most successful tours of 2005 - they sold out stadiums all across the world.

this is my dream show. IMO they are two of the greatest bands - and certainly two of the greatest live acts - of all time. enjoy it.

and if you're not a motley fan, at least catch the first hour of the show....they play all their old stuff from their first two albums, which i mentioned above. great stuff which sounds awesome live.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2006, 08:40:32 AM »

Why would the Crue support GNR when they have had such a successful year or so themselves, plus all of the crap in the past? I doubt theyd care to open for Axl and his 'mates' which makes me believe even more that Slash etc will be present. Any comments?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
madagas
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2006, 08:45:07 AM »

Well, I guess Slash is playing with Richard on rhythm guitar because Richard has the dates up on his website! Grin I always wanted to go to Ireland. Hmmmmm....not a big Crue fan but would love to hoist a wee pint of Guinness in a few pubs before a Gnr show....or Axl and friends....or whoever shows up with Axl! beer beer
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2006, 08:48:39 AM »

i know that weve been over it a billion times, but I really reckon Slash (at least) will be there.

Still trying to get ime off work for Donington. Aaaaarrgh.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2006, 08:55:29 AM »

i know that weve been over it a billion times, but I really reckon Slash (at least) will be there.

Still trying to get ime off work for Donington. Aaaaarrgh.

After so many years there are people who still don't get it...  Roll Eyes

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2006, 09:00:05 AM »

I'm an old-school gunner, and the idea of Axl Rose and Vince Neil being in the same zip code strikes me as hard to believe.? Thoughts?

Yeah but we don't use zipcodes in Ireland. hihi

Look at Axl making peace with Slash and Izzy lately. I don't think he cares about some 15-year old feud with Motley Crue. He's not that immature.

Although I admit the fact he didn't even want Slash in the same building for a concert a few years ago could suggest old wounds never die. But the promotors wouldn't have done this if they thought there was a risk.

dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2006, 09:19:31 AM »

all of these so called feuds etc are bullshit ...simply designed to sell more records/tickets etc......pure hype.

In relation to axl not wanting slash at a gig .......bullshit ......don't believe a word of it.

Management yes .

axl no.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2006, 09:29:55 AM »

Well, I guess Slash is playing with Richard on rhythm guitar because Richard has the dates up on his website! Grin

what a relief. I can breathe easy. Phew. 
You must learn how to draw a clover on your Guinness head before going to Ireland. Chin Chin! beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2006, 09:54:40 AM »

After so many years there are people who still don't get it...? Roll Eyes
I said this in a thread about slash that was dead horsed, but I think the main reason people have been holding on to this Axl-Slash dream are the recent Ross Halfin comments and the fake insiders saying Slash was back in GNR. Maybe after one of these new shows people will let that dream die, at least until after the CD era has winded itself down.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2006, 09:58:06 AM »

After so many years there are people who still don't get it...  Roll Eyes
I said this in a thread about slash that was dead horsed, but I think the main reason people have been holding on to this Axl-Slash dream are the recent Ross Halfin comments and the fake insiders saying Slash was back in GNR. Maybe after one of these new shows people will let that dream die, at least until after the CD era has winded itself down.

Ross was being sarcastic.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2006, 10:05:13 AM »

After so many years there are people who still don't get it...? Roll Eyes

Ross was being sarcastic.
Yes, but that doesn't mean that people aren't gullible enough to believe his comments. Dont you remember the crazy threads those comments started? People were believing the 'new' Guns had been fired and Slash, Duff, Matt, and Izzy were re-recording Chinese Democracy.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »

well that's interesting..

from blabbermouth:

M?TLEY CR?E Representatives 'Know Nothing' About Gig With GUNS N' ROSES - Feb. 23, 2006

Representatives for M?TLEY CR?E "claim to know nothing" about the group's previously announced June 9 in Dublin's RDS Arena as the support act for GUNS N' ROSES, according to MTV.com. In addition, representatives for both Geffen and Interscope, the two labels most likely to release GUNS N' ROSES new album, "Chinese Democracy", said they didn't have any information about a release date for the album or even which label might release it.

According to MTV.com, GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose stopped into a New York nightclub early on the morning of February 10 reportedly to continue the celebration of his 44th birthday (although his birthday is actually Febuary 6).

At about 5:30 a.m. when Barry Mullineaux and Mike Satsky, owners of the club Stereo, opened their doors to Rose and a handful of his friends, who'd been booted from another club at the standard New York watering-hole closing time of 4 a.m. As a sign of his gratitude, Mullineaux said Rose sent someone to his hotel room to retrieve two CDs, each one containing 10 tracks.

"He was talking with everybody freely about how he's been off for 10 years, and how even though Slash and the rest of the guys [have moved ahead with their careers by starting] VELVET REVOLVER, he's been holding back," Mullineaux told MTV.com. "He said this album will show everyone who was the main ingredient from GNR. He was freely answering questions about his work, the band, what happened with the split, the direction he's headed in — and the music sounded great."

Mullineaux, who said he manned the DJ booth and spun the discs for Rose, said several of the tracks reminded him of classic GNR, with moments of uncharacteristic heaviness. Axl "kept telling me to put back #3 — I guess that was his favorite song," he said. "He wanted to play that one over and over, like six times. He was really getting into it and rockin' out. Everybody was surprised at how good it sounded. And that third track, that was the song where his voice sounded the best; the smoothest."

Merck Mercuriadis, Rose's manager, declined requests from MTV.com for comment on multiple questions regarding the band's forthcoming activities, including its current lineup, the festival appearances or the status of "Chinese Democracy", saying only that the Sanctuary Group will "be issuing a press release in due course."

wtf?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2006, 01:53:49 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=48750

I'm giving this its own thread since it's rather problematic...

is this show gonna happen?

Who booked this?

There's a screw-up somewhere...
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2006, 02:06:07 PM »

VR's PR people told teletext in the UK that Slash is NOT rejoinging GNR, I know you shouldnt bash other members on these boards as its not permitted so ill keep it as politely as possible. Anyone who believed Slash was re-joining GNR was 'extremely gullable'
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2006, 02:08:18 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=26213.0

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: