Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VMA 06
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VMA 06  (Read 16629 times)
imgrubby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2006, 07:59:02 PM »

MTV would be crazy not to want GNR to play. GNR in like an accident you just have to look (watch) people want to see Axl and the band.  They want to see him succed, and some want to see him fail. MTV doesn't care which reason people are watching, they only care that they are watching. If GNR is available MTV would love to have them.
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2006, 04:14:29 AM »

Seriously, I think it would have to happen. I think Axl has planned it and hinted around it. returning to the U.S around the time of the show, hinting a fall release... Show up there after the euro shows, perform maybe first single, tour U.S...album release this year if we're lucky.

Axl and MTV would be crazy not to take this opportunity.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2006, 06:53:15 AM »

Seriously, I think it would have to happen. I think Axl has planned it and hinted around it. returning to the U.S around the time of the show, hinting a fall release... Show up there after the euro shows, perform maybe first single, tour U.S...album release this year if we're lucky.

Axl and MTV would be crazy not to take this opportunity.

I feel the same way. Soooo many people like to talk about the VMA performance as if the new band should be judge entirely by that alone. I'd love to see them show up and just kick everyones faces in so they all have to eat the fuck out of their words.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2006, 08:20:04 AM »

Since GNR will be heading back to the States sometime around September, I was thinking maybe they'd "redeem" themselves on the VMAs this year.

Does everyone think that'd be a good idea for the band at this point?

It goes without saying that a lot of younger kids have no real clue about GNR classic, but I actually think enough time has passed since the 2002 VMAs that a lot of kids don't even remember that. There has been so little activity since 2002 (until very recently) that, if they played this year's VMAs and had a good/excellent performance, I think it would be almost the same as a debut of the new band, at least as far as most people are concerned. Only the music writers would still talk about 2002, and we all know that kids today can't read, so that wouldn't matter...

I've seen enough.
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2006, 08:36:58 AM »

I don't think GNR would get the slot unless they put out a single and/or video, or god forbid, drop the album.

It would be cool to have the badn play with the video in the background on big screens or something.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2006, 08:48:21 AM »

Since GNR will be heading back to the States sometime around September, I was thinking maybe they'd "redeem" themselves on the VMAs this year.

Does everyone think that'd be a good idea for the band at this point?

It goes without saying that a lot of younger kids have no real clue about GNR classic, but I actually think enough time has passed since the 2002 VMAs that a lot of kids don't even remember that. There has been so little activity since 2002 (until very recently) that, if they played this year's VMAs and had a good/excellent performance, I think it would be almost the same as a debut of the new band, at least as far as most people are concerned. Only the music writers would still talk about 2002, and we all know that kids today can't read, so that wouldn't matter...

Haha....I see what you're saying but I disagree in some ways. I really feel like alot of casual fans really think that this band should be defined by that VMA performance. For instance, whenever I tell people that I drove to NYC for the Hammerstein gigs, they're always like "Was Axl all fat and out of breath like he was on MTV?? THAT SUCKED!!" and I have to go into a whole explination of how much ass they kicked in NYC.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2006, 02:57:58 PM »

just heard the vmas will be in nyc this year,

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2006, 02:59:32 PM »

ahahhahaa ahahahha ahahahahha Smiley baz will kick ass at the vmas Smiley

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2006, 03:01:11 PM »

Unless they have a new single out by then that has been on radio for a while it will be a disaster. People are not going to be nuts for a new song they have never heard, and they can't just get up and rehash the hits again for the 3rd time. The timing is just not right this year even though it seems as if it would be a good opportunity.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2006, 03:07:12 PM »

With Axl's luck, he's best not to play the VMA's. If he has mic problems, or any kind of technical difficulties, this could put a dent in ticket sales for the tour. Axl should show up and present an award on the show, give the album release date, and premiere a brand new video. That's what you call marketing kids.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2006, 03:23:26 PM »

Axl should show up and present an award on the show, give the album release date, and premiere a brand new video. That's what you call marketing kids.

Do you honestly think that MTV will play along with this??
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »

Yes MTV will play along with this.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2006, 03:58:11 PM »

I dont think MTV will play a new video from a band at the VMAs... no
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2006, 04:07:42 PM »

Axl should show up and present an award on the show, give the album release date, and premiere a brand new video. That's what you call marketing kids.

Do you honestly think that MTV will play along with this??

They wouldn't play a video unless it was at the post show. But the rest would be cool.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »

They NEVER play videos!  rofl
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2006, 04:15:38 PM »

This isn't some video by some band. It's the first video from the most mythical rock album of all time. This would mean huge ratings for MTV, thus they would play the video during the show, guaranfuckingteed!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:25:42 PM by Mattattack » Logged
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2006, 04:16:57 PM »

They NEVER play videos!? rofl

im not sure where you're drawing the connection between music videos and MTV?

i thought BET was the channel we go to for music videos?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2006, 04:32:58 PM »

They NEVER play videos!  rofl

im not sure where you're drawing the connection between music videos and MTV?

i thought BET was the channel we go to for music videos?

Doesn't EVERYONE go to BET for their rock video fix?  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: