Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:13:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How About a One Time Concert Featuring All the Songs off Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How About a One Time Concert Featuring All the Songs off Chinese Democracy  (Read 4073 times)
alexh0618
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 05:46:22 PM »

Some people would get pissed.
They came to see Guns N' Roses and expect them to play the hits.

Then they would be gay. I guess when they did their first concert everyone got pissed, because they didn't play any hits...

Are you serious? They didn't have any hits when they played thier first concert.  Roll Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 06:05:46 PM »

Some people would get pissed.
They came to see Guns N' Roses and expect them to play the hits.

Then they would be gay. I guess when they did their first concert everyone got pissed, because they didn't play any hits...

Are you serious? They didn't have any hits when they played thier first concert.  Roll Eyes

the fake fans and all those old band obsessives would have get pissed big time if they had been there( in 1986). hihi
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »

Well the concert (in theory) would be promoted differently, as a "one off" concert featuring all the songs off Chinese Democracy.  But I don't think it should be performed before the release of the CD.  No one wants to phase out the old material, but this is really a new band, new era, new sound.  It would be cool to hear ALL the new material in a live concert.
A one night only performance!

cybercurves
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 06:55:07 PM »

For everyone ONE person who's SICK of hearing the same songs from AFD, there's ONE THOUSAND that that's all they want to hear and wouldn't pay to see them play all new songs.  Axl is not out to please the members of GNR message boards.  He's out to please millions of fans around the world.  He knows what he's doing.  I don't know why this is so hard for some of you to grasp.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 04:24:06 AM »

For everyone ONE person who's SICK of hearing the same songs from AFD, there's ONE THOUSAND that that's all they want to hear and wouldn't pay to see them play all new songs.? Axl is not out to please the members of GNR message boards.? He's out to please millions of fans around the world.? He knows what he's doing.? I don't know why this is so hard for some of you to grasp.

We realise this, it just seems like teh afd and two cover tour already happened in 2001-2002.... If I go tom a show and hear mostly afd plus two old cover and a dc solo it really makes me think of the old band way to much... It would be easier for people like myself to see the show if the songs weren't such huge staples in gnr fame also known for guitar work besides vocals.. Being an old school gnr fan I don't want to see a new band just playing 90 percent stuff they didn't work on...  They did pretty damn good years back playing lots of illusions before those albums came out... If it'll be out in the fall what's the deal adding more new songs?

I suppose if you're some fan that never saw a concert or this is the first in 15 years it's cool

I just think enough is enough with a huge afd show plus kohd n live n let die plus a dc solo..
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 04:29:43 AM »

Id like it. What person who has followed this album wouldnt?

But its about as likely as a Hitler in heaven.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 04:49:17 AM »

hitler's dead ?

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 04:50:42 AM »

hitler's dead ?

And in Hell with the Dark Lord himself:

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 05:05:47 AM »

UBT hes so cute!.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 07:03:12 AM »

honestly, Go to any regular person in the street that likes guns n roses, the people axl NEEDS to get to buy his album (us diehards would get it even if it was 75 minutes of brain farting on a snare drum) and say if you're going to a guns n roses concert, what songs would you like to hear? They'd probably tell you the setlist being played. People want to see bands they like playing songs they know. There'll be more CD when it's released. Also, the one time CD gig, is at my house on thursaday.
life_247
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »

Theres a cocert promoter in london that exactly does this type of show where bands play a classic album in its entirity then normally an encore of some other hits.!!

I can't remember the name for the life of me.

But they could do the show if it was a small venue and only sold tickets via this site or some other GnR fan sites across the globe.  hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »

If he were to do this, it would have to be in NYC so I could see it hihi
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »

How about ending this fucking tour, finishing Chinese Democracy, and releasing it. I think it's pretty funny how he's playing mostly Appetite, and now he's got Baz opening for him. Somebody needs to tell Axl 1989 is over and it's now 2006.

how about you stop being so egoistical and actually be happy for the fans who finally get to see guns n' roses after all these years?
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »

I'm sure it would be in New York... and I guess I wouldn't be able to see it because I'd never go back there even if I was paid to go there.

Chicago... is the best city in the world. How about some love for Metro? A GNR show at the Metro (or the Vic for that matter) would be a dream come true.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 05:20:59 PM »

I'm sure it would be in New York... and I guess I wouldn't be able to see it because I'd never go back there even if I was paid to go there.

Chicago... is the best city in the world. How about some love for Metro? A GNR show at the Metro (or the Vic for that matter) would be a dream come true.

guys stop arguing. this will happen in Paris, Hilton. period.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 05:28:57 PM »

I realize this is an extreme situation with CD being worked on for AT LEAST 7 years plus, but I think it's pretty rare that you hear an intro to a new song, "This next song, will be on our forthcoming album which sould be coming out in SEVEN months".  Let's face it guys, if Axl says "late fall" I'd think early December at the very earliest.  He's not gonna play new material that isn't set to be released so far down the line.  It's just not gonna happen.  You're gonna have to suffer from hearing the classics from AFD.  What a shame we have to hear such great songs in the meantime! (sarcasm).

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 09:02:30 PM »

A TV special on MTV2 (Maybe Fuse or whatever) featuring all the songs off Chinese Democracy from one special night would be awesome. Although, this would have to occur after an album release.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »

What do you guys think about GNR doing a special concert playing ALL the songs off the Chinese Democracy album?  Much like what "greenday" did last year I believe. 

cybercurves

I believe they've already played all of the completed songs from CD live.  Better, IRS, CD, and TWAT.  hihi
not really.  It would be a great show.  I'd love to hear a boot.  of course, that's the very reason why such a show is being avoided like the plague.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »

Never gonna happen, at least not before the cd is released.
RichardNixon
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 02:34:09 AM »

I don't think that would be a good idea.

I'd like GN'R to play 50/50, old-school GN'R and Nu-GN'R.

A one time concert with just CD songs would be only an hour, maybe 80 minutes w/solos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: