Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:51:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  04/06 - Gods of Metal Fesitval,Italy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 04/06 - Gods of Metal Fesitval,Italy  (Read 44563 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2006, 07:57:09 AM »

Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Robin Solo / Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Dizzy solo/ The Blues
You could be mine
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Ron thal Solo/ Don't Cry
Rocket queen
November rain
Fortus & Finck Solo
Out Ta Get Me
Madagascar
My Michelle (with baz)
Patience
Robin Solo
Nightrain (with baz)
I.R.S
Paradise City

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2006, 08:11:20 AM »

Find everything about the show there: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/tournee-date-guns-n-roses/concerts-milan-italie-5.htm

Some cool pics taken by Greg for GN'R France: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/groupe/galerie.php?path=/concerts/2006/05_07_europe/0604_milan - more to come (please do not hotlink the pics, thanks, you can link to the gallery though if you want to)

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2006, 08:14:37 AM »

I have a feeling that Izzy Stradlin is going to rejoin GNR , I don't know why? I just have a feeling.? If that happens I know that Bumblefoot would probably be the guy who gets dropped.? Which i think would suck? because I think Finck is a terrible live guitarist.? if Ron Thal were no longer in the band? I? wish that Fortus? got all the major leads? instead of finck.? Robin is just too sloppy.? This band still doesn't have that Guitarist that someone can associate with the band .? With the old band? when you thought of guitarist ( slash immediately came to mind )? With this band? you don't know which guitarist to identify with GNR? ?it's all over the place .? ?I would hate to think that Finck would have to be that guitarist , he's just not world class in my opinion.? And it couldn't be Ron Thal because he hasn't written any of the new material .? Richard fortus joined the band in 2002? when almost all of the material was already created.? ?This band has no identity as far as a guitarist.?? Buckethead was that identity but too much of a freak in my opinion.? ?Is it that hard to find a guitarist that looks and plays badass?? ? ?

I've been thinking a lot about this too... and the conclusion I've kind of come to is that maybe we aren't supposed to be looking to the lead guitarist position for that "#2 guy" in the band or whatever. The more I've followed the modern Guns... the more I've come to feel that Tommy Stinson is really the #2 guy behind Axl. He's easily the most independently famous member in the band (Dizzy's fame comes from being a minor role player in the old GN'R, and the live NIN players (Robin) never got much notoreity)- and we know he's stood up to Axl already and lived to tell the story (showing me that Axl values greatly what Tommy brings to the band and that he wields a certain level of power and influence that I can't imagine that the other players have)- and if Axl were to fire his ass tomorrow- Tommy would immediately land on his feet as the bassist for Soul Asylum, taking part in a Replacements or Perfect reunion or recording his eagerly awaited for follow-up to VGH. Can't really say the same for the other guys.

Additionally, I think having the lead guitar slot be somewhat of a blurry "hard to define" entity in new Guns is a designed way to water down the Slash v. X comparisons, as well as, a way for Axl to maintain control over the whole thing.... once you have a lead guitarist that's becoming a star in his own right... then suddenly, potentially, you're right back in the whole old Axl v. lead guitarist arguments, etc. I don't think Axl wants that this time around.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2006, 08:32:54 AM »

Isn't there a review in english? Sad

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2006, 08:42:04 AM »

Sorry, all my fellow gunners from the site are French-speaking only Sad (well, they speak English but I can't really see them translating their reviews lol Grin).

You will find reviews in English made by me for the concerts I'm going to: Dublin, Paris, Oslo and Wembley (both dates).

madagas
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2006, 09:03:33 AM »

Maoaxl, I agree with you completely. Axl has his bases covered with these three players. All are very different but they, as a team, make up for the absence of Slash sonically. Yet, they aren't a threat to Axl's dominance. Tommy is definitely the number two man in terms of personality and perceived power. We should wait and hear the album before judging the guitarists ultimate worth and contributions.? beer Izzy isn't coming back Roll Eyes maybe a few shows or in a limited writing capacity but that would be it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:17:10 AM by madagas » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2006, 09:27:14 AM »

I have a feeling that Izzy Stradlin is going to rejoin GNR , I don't know why  I just have a feeling.  If that happens I know that Bumblefoot would probably be the guy who gets dropped.  Which i think would suck  because I think Finck is a terrible live guitarist.  if Ron Thal were no longer in the band  I  wish that Fortus  got all the major leads  instead of finck.  Robin is just too sloppy.  This band still doesn't have that Guitarist that someone can associate with the band .  With the old band  when you thought of guitarist ( slash immediately came to mind )  With this band  you don't know which guitarist to identify with GNR   it's all over the place .   I would hate to think that Finck would have to be that guitarist , he's just not world class in my opinion.  And it couldn't be Ron Thal because he hasn't written any of the new material .  Richard fortus joined the band in 2002  when almost all of the material was already created.   This band has no identity as far as a guitarist.   Buckethead was that identity but too much of a freak in my opinion.   Is it that hard to find a guitarist that looks and plays badass?     

I've been thinking a lot about this too... and the conclusion I've kind of come to is that maybe we aren't supposed to be looking to the lead guitarist position for that "#2 guy" in the band or whatever. The more I've followed the modern Guns... the more I've come to feel that Tommy Stinson is really the #2 guy behind Axl. He's easily the most independently famous member in the band (Dizzy's fame comes from being a minor role player in the old GN'R, and the live NIN players (Robin) never got much notoreity)- and we know he's stood up to Axl already and lived to tell the story (showing me that Axl values greatly what Tommy brings to the band and that he wields a certain level of power and influence that I can't imagine that the other players have)- and if Axl were to fire his ass tomorrow- Tommy would immediately land on his feet as the bassist for Soul Asylum, taking part in a Replacements or Perfect reunion or recording his eagerly awaited for follow-up to VGH. Can't really say the same for the other guys.

Additionally, I think having the lead guitar slot be somewhat of a blurry "hard to define" entity in new Guns is a designed way to water down the Slash v. X comparisons, as well as, a way for Axl to maintain control over the whole thing.... once you have a lead guitarist that's becoming a star in his own right... then suddenly, potentially, you're right back in the whole old Axl v. lead guitarist arguments, etc. I don't think Axl wants that this time around.

Tommy = The General  hihi

I still think Robin is the soul of this band, musically anyway. Better is a prime example of it. He would be the biggest loss to this band if he ever left. Brian May said he was brought in (after Robin quit) because Axl was so emotionally attached to Robins work and couldn't listen to it.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2006, 09:42:45 AM »

some cool shots : http://jok365.net/gnr/

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2006, 09:43:46 AM »

I think Tommy is also the #2 man..Without a doubt...Tommys awsome as long as he dosent wear that stupid skirt thing...IN order of power id have to rank it like this
Axl
Tommy
Dizzy
Robin
Richard
Bumblefoot
Brain
Pittman

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2006, 09:55:01 AM »

There's no way Dizzy is over Robin! And Bumblefoot over Brain? I don't think so.

Even though I don't know one way or the other about the seniority (or rank) in this band, I will agree Pittman is low man on the todempole hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2006, 10:20:38 AM »

sounds utterly BS. Pittman is always on the top of the stage alongside with Dizzy.

This band is not about who is the bigger.  Everyone is doing what he is good at.
I don't see the pecking order there. Roll Eyes

But I still think BH may be coming back with the release of CD.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 10:25:38 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Damir [#]
Opening Act

« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2006, 10:57:58 AM »

Hey guys, I just came home from Italy.

Show was fucking fantastic. Everyone was in good mood. Crowd wasn't all "metalheads", don't worry. Most people were GN'R fans, I've seen literally few thousands GN'R T-shirts. Everyone was waiting for them. People were singing along to every song, and you could hardly hear Axl sing, except when he was reaching high-tones. His voice was great but he was sometimes out of breath, and his voiced should have been a little stronger IMO. But then again, he had to "compete" with thousands of people singing, so it's normal you couldn't always hear him.

Setlist was as mentioned above. A long show, with 4 new songs played. There were many solos, I can't even remember who played and when. Axl was in good mood, you could see that. He was interacting with the crowd: he made comments about big sings in the crowd. Concerning that bracelet - someone threw that on stage, and Axl put it on his hand, called the camerman to film it so we could see it (but I didn't), said thank you to that person and dedicated "Out Ta Get Me" to him. People were chanting "Guns N' Roses" and "ole - ole - ole - ole - Axl - Axl" (some Italian sport chant), but Axl didn't like it. Then he sang a bit of "The Roof Is On Fire", and Sebastian Bach came to share vocals on My Michelle and last part of Nightrain.

Overall, it was a great show, my first GN'R experience (If you don't count VR Grin). I admit I wasn't expecting so much of them, but these guys fucking rock.

hmwa, hmwa
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2006, 11:00:55 AM »

some cool shots : http://jok365.net/gnr/

Who are the people to the left of the stage - members of a band watching?

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2006, 11:07:05 AM »

I admit I wasn't expecting so much of them, but these guys fucking rock.

Great. Thanks for the review Damir. "ole ole ole" is an international football chant.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »

Hey guys, I just came home from Italy.

Show was fucking fantastic. Everyone was in good mood. Crowd wasn't all "metalheads", don't worry. Most people were GN'R fans, I've seen literally few thousands GN'R T-shirts. Everyone was waiting for them. People were singing along to every song, and you could hardly hear Axl sing, except when he was reaching high-tones. His voice was great but he was sometimes out of breath, and his voiced should have been a little stronger IMO. But then again, he had to "compete" with thousands of people singing, so it's normal you couldn't always hear him.

Setlist was as mentioned above. A long show, with 4 new songs played. There were many solos, I can't even remember who played and when. Axl was in good mood, you could see that. He was interacting with the crowd: he made comments about big sings in the crowd. Concerning that bracelet - someone threw that on stage, and Axl put it on his hand, called the camerman to film it so we could see it (but I didn't), said thank you to that person and dedicated "Out Ta Get Me" to him. People were chanting "Guns N' Roses" and "ole - ole - ole - ole - Axl - Axl" (some Italian sport chant), but Axl didn't like it. Then he sang a bit of "The Roof Is On Fire", and Sebastian Bach came to share vocals on My Michelle and last part of Nightrain.

Overall, it was a great show, my first GN'R experience (If you don't count VR Grin). I admit I wasn't expecting so much of them, but these guys fucking rock.

Do you know the attendance for the show?
My Michelle
Opening Act

www.gnronline.it

« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »

Do you know the attendance for the show?

http://musicametal.blogosfere.it/2006/06/ma_chi_lavrebbe.html
Damir [#]
Opening Act

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2006, 11:17:51 AM »

That's what I'm asking myself also.
I was in the area right in front of the stage, and I didn't leave it
after Deftones, so I couldn't judge how many people were back.

hmwa, hmwa
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2006, 11:26:40 AM »

Is anyone denying that the stuff was mostly written before fortus arrived?? Haven't we heard at least 6 songs that will make cd?? The leaks seem to be pre fortus being those names were mentioned a few years before.. Maybe fortus is like bfoot

On a 13 track album though that leaves another 7 songs we havent heard. Itd be absurd to think that the whole of CD is stuff that could have come out at least 5 years ago.

Fortus said in 2004 or 2005 that he hadn't written with the band and his recordings were 'quick'. Seems like he's not really involved.

Proof please.
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2006, 11:33:47 AM »

Find everything about the show there: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/tournee-date-guns-n-roses/concerts-milan-italie-5.htm

Some cool pics taken by Greg for GN'R France: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/groupe/galerie.php?path=/concerts/2006/05_07_europe/0604_milan - more to come (please do not hotlink the pics, thanks, you can link to the gallery though if you want to)

great pics ok

thx for the links Kiss
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »

beautyful pics! thx for the link man! ok
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: