Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Happier with a reversed setlist?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happier with a reversed setlist?  (Read 2974 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 03:23:51 PM »

dont forget NEW ROSE from tsi  Grin

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 05:35:58 PM »

All those Illusion songs can't work without Slash because he is a genius.

Wow, how weird. I've also heard people saying SCOM wouldn't work without Slash, but the guitar on SCOM ROCKS! (The song itself is shit nowadays though, but that's besides the point, cos it's to do with the keyboards, not guitars)

yeah, I always felt that SCOM intro riff would have sounded so much better with some clunky keys and bongos thrown in!  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »

Actually I think if you add Don't Cry, 1 more Illusion song and make sure you play 7 new songs the set would be fine.  Play Madagascar, TWAT, Better, IRS, CD, The Blues, and one of others (citr, omg, rhaid) and you'll have a fine set.

7 Appetite
7 CD
6 Illusions
1 Lies

Can't get much more equil than that.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 08:43:39 PM »

No, I don't want a UYI-heavy set-list. I'm a huge fan of the AFD stuff, I just think they should play the new stuff every night.  I have to say, I wouldn't mind 'Civil War' or 'Locomotive', though...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 12:11:17 AM »

I don't get why people bitch about a setlist that is AFD heavy. It is one of the best albums ever. Ever. It made GNR what  is it today. The new songs are good, but not up to AFD quality. And any set list that is heavy with UYI songs is going to rock. So I don't see how the band can do bad by playing the old songs with a mix of 4-6 'new' songs, three of  which are leftovers from 2002.
McDuff
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 12:21:01 AM »

It wouldn't matter what songs they did,there's alot of people who would still bitch about it
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 12:23:35 AM by Slash McKagan » Logged
eddiesson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 02:54:52 AM »

1. Locomotive
2. Breakdown
3. Double Talkin Jive
4. Estranged
5. Coma

All these songs have a  "classic-rock" vibe. The new-gn'r represents more industrial sound(and I actually can't imagine Finck doing any of those, come on, him doing Breakdown or Locomotive? no), so that's my reason why they're not playing those.

hey, the band is playing more than half of AFD, which is the EPITOME of the hard rock Smiley so replacing them with another classic rock songs wouldn't make so much problem. And the songs they play from UYI are YCBM, NR, KOHD... they don't sound industrial at all too.

but mind you, they are not short rocker songs like It's So Easy, or Back Off Bitch. they give room for guitarists to show their quality and impress the crowd. these are complex songs which can include many new layers of sound unlike short rockers. So, the two keyboardist can give more input (than they give to Mr. Brownstone or My Michelle) Double Talkin Jive can be very interesting with a guitarist like Ron Thal.

and finally, Coma is very suitable to be played with industrial influence.

Oh I must add Perfect Crime to the list.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: