Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:53:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock Am Ring
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 80 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Am Ring  (Read 170995 times)
EccoTides
« Reply #1360 on: June 03, 2006, 01:59:31 AM »

Replace the solos with full band instrumentals I tells you.

That's a pretty awesome idea actually - I'd love to see the guys just playing off eachother while Axl does what he's got to do to rest his voice.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1361 on: June 03, 2006, 02:35:12 AM »

How about they Jam on some Velvet Revolver and let Scott guest sing.
makane
Legend

« Reply #1362 on: June 03, 2006, 04:00:01 AM »

I hope they don't start doing instrumentals. 'Cause the band playing old songs without Axl is just... wrong.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1363 on: June 03, 2006, 04:01:51 AM »

I hope they don't start doing instrumentals. 'Cause the band playing old songs without Axl is just... wrong.

I dont mean turn it into karaoke segments or anything - thatd be terrible.

Instrumentals would be more fun for those who dont get so into solos.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #1364 on: June 03, 2006, 04:02:44 AM »

There should only be 2 solos per show .? Ron Thal? and Richard fortus .? ?Robin finck should not be allowed to do solos? he sucks .

What about the solo's back in the Illusion day's? They where ok when you heard them the first time but they got pretty boring after a while. I like the concept of the solo's on this tour. 5 solo's spreaded over the complete show instead of 1 giant 30 minute band solo.

Where's Axl?
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #1365 on: June 03, 2006, 04:13:28 AM »

How about Tommy doing material from VGH? I love that album and properly chosen there's tracks that would fit in a GNR show.

Imagine Axl leaving stage and Tommy singing "something's wrong but it's ok..."  hihi
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #1366 on: June 03, 2006, 04:17:10 AM »

How about Tommy doing material from VGH? I love that album and properly chosen there's tracks that would fit in a GNR show.

Imagine Axl leaving stage and Tommy singing "something's wrong but it's ok..."? hihi

Or the band leaves the stage and Axl does a piano solo?

Where's Axl?
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1367 on: June 03, 2006, 04:50:58 AM »

john m can go fuck off

he is the biggest fucking hoarder in the gnr bootleg trading area  trust me

till jm puts out all the hoarded shit it will not stop and jrs he is a dick always will be i bet my full collection he has vegas dvd because at 1 time i saw an email sent to a friend from an old trader of mine named nobuko. she had it  as well as john m

Okay and?  Get over it man holy hell.  Do you really need to see every single GNR concert that ever existed?  Maybe you should think about therapy.....I hear it does wonders. 

Now back on track.......love the new band, but c'mon one solo each is enough.  GNR is turning into Phish.

He cannot see even if he want,hes blind hihi

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
badapple81
« Reply #1368 on: June 03, 2006, 04:59:10 AM »

I'm happy for the solos if it means Axl has a chance to catch some oxygen and get ready for the next song. He sounds so great this time around so if he needs some time during the show to keep that going then go for it.

Not a bad idea maybe to get some band instrumentals happening - maybe a medley of some of the classic GN'R solos and riffs like the Don't Cry solo.. get the crowd singing along.
Origen
« Reply #1369 on: June 03, 2006, 05:05:45 AM »

Instead of solos why not extended instrumental sections on songs?

Like Double Talkin' Jive used to sometimes have  an extended intro and/or outro. That would be better then just individual band members playing 9 solos.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1370 on: June 03, 2006, 05:17:18 AM »

Imagine Axl leaving stage and Tommy singing "something's wrong but it's ok..."  hihi
That would rock! But I think people would bitch about it, since Tommy's VGH is not so well known. Sad

But a friend told me that the whole band will jam in Bumblefoot's song "Guitars SUCK".. That will be insteresting

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1371 on: June 03, 2006, 05:22:22 AM »

Instead of solos why not extended instrumental sections on songs?

Like Double Talkin' Jive used to sometimes have  an extended intro and/or outro. That would be better then just individual band members playing 9 solos.

Yea - I think youre onto something there.

I wonder if Axl looks like Frank Booth when he hops into his backstage room?

TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #1372 on: June 03, 2006, 06:22:12 AM »

They should get guests singers to do a song or two, like when Lenny Kravitz came on at Paris. Jon Bon Jovi, anyone? Scott Weiland?  ok
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1373 on: June 03, 2006, 07:59:24 AM »

http://www.mtv.de/flipbookz/flipbookz.php?id=612&pic=64

one picture from Rock am Ring
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #1374 on: June 03, 2006, 08:06:10 AM »

damn, I completely missed this! crying
can you watch it again somewhere?

shit happens when you party naked
Andy-k
Headliner

« Reply #1375 on: June 03, 2006, 08:11:22 AM »

damn, I completely missed this! crying
can you watch it again somewhere?

You didn't miss anything! They didn't stream the show...

Guns N' Roses
Origen
« Reply #1376 on: June 03, 2006, 08:12:29 AM »

So since they blocked it from being broadcasetd over the internet, what about TV? Will it be shown on German TV?
Towo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1377 on: June 03, 2006, 08:13:50 AM »

So since they blocked it from being broadcasetd over the internet, what about TV? Will it be shown on German TV?

Maybe next weekend
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #1378 on: June 03, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

That looks very much like a screen capture, as the previous one with Jamiroquai ?

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1379 on: June 03, 2006, 08:28:21 AM »

Okay people i'm there.
There ar no words to describe for me what really happened yesterday. It's was just incredible.
First off, i'm sorry they didn't stream it, i hoped to have some mp3s and videos up here when i come back.

Ok, the Setlist was awsome, they played 4 encores!!! madagascar,irs,patience and pc.
Axl was in such a good mood, he kept smiling andtelling jokes and laughing with tommy and hugging.It was awsome to see him like that.I love that guy.
I waited in line for fucking 13.5hours. And it was definetely worth it. When the opening riffs for jungle came on, i thought i'm gonna cry. That's the best feeling one can have,serioursly.
The crowd LOVED the new band. I even heard someone yelling "who the fuck is slash"! That was so awsome, i was little afraid wether they would be skeptical about the new guys, but they were absolutely not.
After brownstone, axl asked if everyone had a good day so far,and that theres lots of motherfuckers out there, that's what he knew! Smiley

He introduced KOHD as a song that was not written by David Hasselhoff!That was hilarious.
And, oh yea.. Robin Finck OWNED the show. His performance is just phenomenal!! I love this guy. ?Once he came down the the first row and pushed himself into the people and everyone hugged him, and HE WAS JUST RIGHT NEXT TO ME. and i even touched him.haha!
Also Axl came down once in front of the first row, and man he was just right before my fucking eye. That's something i won't forget, that's for sure.
And during nightrain robin stagedived!!! And when he tried to get back up on stage he fell down, that was fuckin hilarious!

The rest of the band was good too. Tommy kept interacting with the fans by smiling and pointing, that was awsome. And Finck once smiled at me. Damn i love that motehrfucker!!!

The band fucked up the beginning of madagascar, which was funny. And Axl said sth like: "you know how it goes,figure it out. you practised it today" And he woulnd sing before they fixed it, then he said "there you go" ?haha, that was funny.
And what was even more funny is that 2 songs after, he fucked up the beginning of patience by starting with the 2nd verse, then he started all over again.

Oh yea, and Sebastian Bach was there singing My michell!!! that was so incredible. The crowd was going nuts when he came on stage.
Before one song,don't remember which one,the band was talking to each other and Axl was like:"we all were about to start different songs now, just like when izzy was in the band. but i don't mean that in a negative way. Well, izzy was suppsed to be here tonight. He's somewhere, that's what i know."
Damn, if izzy would have performed, that would have been huge. too bad though.

I'm glad they played 4 new songs (better,blues,madagascar,irs). People really liked it.
And after PC the crowd stunned, and amazed. They're were just like "wow".
I heard someone saying " this is the rebirth of axl"!

on yea, and axl's voice. DAMN!!! incredible, i don't understand how some people keep arguing about it. it was mind blowing. best voice he ever had. period!

And i saw that DVD filming guy, who asked some people in the first row questions. And i aksked him wether he was filming for the DVD and he said "yes". i asked him when it'll come out and he said next year. I was like :"after the album?" and he said "yea"
the he asked me some questions, if i'm a fan and how long i've been waiting there. and then he wished my a good show. ?

And hands down, this was the BEST show from the tour so far. I'm not saying this cause i was there, but saying it objectivly. they played 2.5h and the performance was incredible. it's hard to top that.

ok that's it for now, it was the night of my life. gnr is SO back!!

thank you guns n roses!!!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 80 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: