Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:34:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock Am Ring
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 80 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Am Ring  (Read 170792 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1500 on: June 03, 2006, 07:31:58 PM »

Someone screwed up, Merck said he signed the contract, which included in it the clause that allowed for the internet stream, the broadcast of the show live on TV and then one more repeat showing on TV in the future. The TV station and those in charge of the feed claimed they never saw the contract. So it looks as if something messed up between Merck signing the paperwork and it getting delivered into the neccesarry hands. I seriously doubt Merck would lie.

Jonx
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #1501 on: June 03, 2006, 07:38:55 PM »

All know is that I wasted many hours in front of the comp for nothing !

which is usual hihi hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1502 on: June 03, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »

Someone screwed up, Merck said he signed the contract, which included in it the clause that allowed for the internet stream, the broadcast of the show live on TV and then one more repeat showing on TV in the future. The TV station and those in charge of the feed claimed they never saw the contract. So it looks as if something messed up between Merck signing the paperwork and it getting delivered into the neccesarry hands. I seriously doubt Merck would lie.

Jonx

They can still replay it right

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1503 on: June 03, 2006, 07:42:06 PM »

Hmmm. I bet they won't. Just a feeling I got.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1504 on: June 03, 2006, 08:10:21 PM »

the setlist on your site is not complete i think. ron actually played two solos. i think one was after better

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1505 on: June 03, 2006, 08:18:39 PM »

the setlist on your site is not complete i think. ron actually played two solos. i think one was after better

I put this on the site i mod on, www.rosesofvelvet.com .... I think it's accurate

Setlist: Intro; Welcome To The Jungle; It's So Easy; Mr. Brownstone; Better; Ron Thal Solo; Live And Let Die; Knocking On Heaven's Door; Jazz-Einlage; Dizzy Solo; The Blues; You Could Be Mine; Out Ta Get Me; Ron Thal Solo; November Rain; My Michelle (w Sebastian Bach); Band Introduction; Robin Solo; Sweet Child O' Mine; Richard Solo (Beautiful); Nightrain;

Encore: Madagascar; I.R.S.; Patience; Robin Intro; Paradise City

we try and stay on top of the setlists and notes for shows ASAP if you wanna giv'er a boo sometime Wink
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 08:25:55 PM by Neemo » Logged

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1506 on: June 03, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »

see there it is, the ron solo. but axl never mentioned merck and beta on stage, that's false.
and the encore begins with madagascar

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1507 on: June 03, 2006, 08:25:15 PM »

see there it is, the ron solo. but axl never mentioned merck and beta on stage, that's false.
and the encore begins with madagascar

ok thanks man i 'll update it ok

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1508 on: June 03, 2006, 10:55:52 PM »

Jonx

Yeah thats what it looks like, according to Merck the contract allows them one full repeat of the entire show on TV, not just the usual half an hour MTV highlights that Rock AM Ring usually put out. But since the show didnt get broadcast live im not sure if this will happen, they can legally do it if they want to, just like they could have streamed the concert live and broadcast it on TV. Someone messed up big time and as usual we were the ones that missed out. I highly doubt Merck would lie to multiple people, as far as he knew he signed the contract before Guns went on stage, after that it was out of his hands, he did what he had to do and couldnt really do anymore when Guns were on stage as they were mid performance....... we have to remember that this was a huge festival not a guns only event, staffed by alien techs, not to mention the language barrier etc.... so i can kind of see how something could go wrong! A part of me is still suspicious tho!

Jonx

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1509 on: June 04, 2006, 08:06:05 AM »

oh i figured out which song axl was singing as a joke.
before patience he said to robin "i think someone is watching us", and then he started singing in a very high voice: "I've got the feeling, somebody's watching me"  and danced to it..  that was so funny, haha..

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #1510 on: June 04, 2006, 10:21:56 AM »

I don't know what's the matter with bad reviews anyway!!! rant

I was there, like 15 metres away from the stage. The sound was brilliant, the band was tight (a lot of talking between the songs), great chemistry. Axl's voice was way out of the ballpark!!!  They were in a good mood. Axl made a lot of jokes: "Dizzy to centerstage now. Dizzy please"... "breakfast anyone..?"  at 330 am  hihi

I NEVER EVER SEEN ANYBODY (including the old band) PLAYING A GIG LIKE THIS:
THAT WAS JUST FUCKING GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, you can complain about the setlist and the solos but c'mon: the album is not out yet, so why should they play more songs. 4 new songs is quit good!! Did anybody catch metallica yesterday? That was a "we re-live the times when we made great records"- gig. Not one song from St. Anger (which is no good album to me) and no new songs at all. Still good and solid work though...    Roll Eyes

What i mean is no fucking journalist would "dare" to write a bad review of a metallica show...
It almost seems like the press is anti-GNR

GNR was a fucking blast. And to judge by the crowd-reaction the show was amazing!!

I can say that was an incredible experience    ok

Watch out for the re-run of the show in german television next week. They will show it if Merck signed the contract. I am sure of this

Rock N' Roll  peace

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #1511 on: June 04, 2006, 10:59:44 AM »

I haven't recognized anything dramatically in rio

He ran out of breath on almost every song in RIR...it was very dramatic.

But still, i'd like to see you running around on a stage for 2.5hrs at the age of 44 and see if you're not out of breath.
I don't know what people are expecting here, Axl is not a machine, he is a human who can get tired after 2.5hours of dancing and singning and running..

I don't do that for a living man.? But if I did, I'd make sure I ran around the appropriate amount so as to not affect the quality of my singing....which we can all agree is way more important than whether or not someoneone runs around alot.? This is his job.? I'm not saying its easy, just that in RIR he didn't do a great job.

you people are paranoid,really. all you do is need something to bash axl. you're so lame...

We are just trying to remain objective is all man.? This place needs people who look at things without "Rose" colored glases to balance out all the people who think Axl can never do any wrong.

You know, to claim you are objective is a joke.  Every post you make tends to greatly exagerate one or two minor mistakes, and takes on the feel of mega-"anti-Rose" colored glasSes (notice how to spell glasses, my charitable donation to you).  I get the feeling you are Scott Weiland, or just another freak that has nothing better to do than focus solely on negativity.  Why, do you feel it is so important for you to spend so much time trying to minimize, and diminish this new band?  I think I know why, and everyone else should too.......
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1512 on: June 04, 2006, 12:27:05 PM »

Why is it considered negative to say that Axl's new band is nowhere near as good as the old band?
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1513 on: June 04, 2006, 01:00:22 PM »

Why is it considered negative to say that Axl's new band is nowhere near as good as the old band?
oh that's just cause the new band is as good or better.....better!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1514 on: June 04, 2006, 01:02:45 PM »

it shouldnt be cause its the truth.

html sucks
Jonathan
« Reply #1515 on: June 04, 2006, 01:05:32 PM »

it shouldnt be cause its the truth.

People have their own opinions, you know.

So don't come and say that it's the "truth", that's the same as saying it's a fact.

It's a matter of opinions. It's not the truth, and it's not a fact.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 01:09:30 PM by I have a good title » Logged
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #1516 on: June 04, 2006, 01:58:15 PM »

so.. getting back to GNR

is there any pics of the show?

beer
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1517 on: June 04, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »

i think there is a major problem in the gnr gig review world. there is always bias, the media, seem to fuckin hate axl, and don't give the new members a chance, but just really fuckin hate axl. so there reviews are always negative....

on the other hand, most folk here are diehards, including me, and it remains hard to be unbiased..
sometimes i think if axl walked out alone dropped his pants and shat all over the stage sporadically, someone here would say it was, "genius".  Kiss

so i think someone can only make their mind up if they arevactually there.

fact is the old gnr were not all that great live, but occasionally breath-taking.
its the exact samer for VR, they always have sound problems, i've saw them 4 times, twice great, and twice, shite.

so try and not read to much in to the reviews, just go and judge for yourself. to be honest most of the time i'm only interested in the set liust, and who said what..

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1518 on: June 04, 2006, 02:32:23 PM »

avesia
« Reply #1519 on: June 04, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »

drool
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 80 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: