Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock Am Ring
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 80 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Am Ring  (Read 170797 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1440 on: June 03, 2006, 12:00:58 PM »

The concert got 3/6, and doesn't seem to concur with the reviews I've read here...

Because this article is apparently objective and the reviews you are reading here are not.  The reviews here are from hard core biased Axl fans who are just happy he is performing and would think the concert was "the best ever" regardless.  I am sorry to see this new "6 solos a night" crap that appears to becoming a staple. 

I want to know from an objective viewer if he is still running out of breath alot. 
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1441 on: June 03, 2006, 12:03:16 PM »

Brownstone: Did dyou get the line "Use your confusion" Huh That was funny

lol yes, that was before irs i think, cause most of the people don't know the new songs..
he was like "we're gonna play some more confusing songs. use your confusion"

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1442 on: June 03, 2006, 12:04:54 PM »

I want to know from an objective viewer if he is still running out of breath alot. 

Let me tell you objectivly he is not! Definetely! He nailed every god damn tone and he is able to change is voice from raspy to melodic whenever he wants. That's quite impressing.
These people from the press are assholes. GN'R have always been bashed by the press, so it's nothing new

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
makane
Legend

« Reply #1443 on: June 03, 2006, 12:06:30 PM »

I want to know from an objective viewer if he is still running out of breath alot.?

Let me tell you objectivly he is not! Definetely! He nailed every god damn tone and he is able to change is voice from raspy to melodic whenever he wants. That's quite impressing.
These people from the press are assholes. GN'R have always been bashed by the press, so it's nothing new
If hes not running out of breath, then why is half of the show solos?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1444 on: June 03, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »

So maybe the people who don't know the band very well get the chance to? Quite obviously, isn't it?

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1445 on: June 03, 2006, 12:09:06 PM »

I want to know from an objective viewer if he is still running out of breath alot.?

Dude, they are being objective is all. ?Did you watch the RIR show? ?Did you think he was running out of breath on almost every song in that concert? ?If not, then you are probably not objective enough to answer the question.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1446 on: June 03, 2006, 12:09:38 PM »

the schizofrenia reveals itself in today's edition of Guns N' Roses.

Sounds fun. Cheesy I mean who give a fuck what a confused writer think of the band.

"Use your confusion" Huh That was funny

hihi
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1447 on: June 03, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »

Dude, they are being objective is all. ?Did you watch the RIR show? ?Did you think he was running out of breath on almost every song in that concert? ?If not, then you are probably not objective enough to answer the question.

I haven't recognized anything dramatically in rio, but i thought that the rock am ring show was way better than rir, also performing wise by axl.
But still, i'd like to see you running around on a stage for 2.5hrs at the age of 44 and see if you're not out of breath.
I don't know what people are expecting here, Axl is not a machine, he is a human who can get tired after 2.5hours of dancing and singning and running..

you people are paranoid,really. all you do is need something to bash axl. you're so lame...

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1448 on: June 03, 2006, 12:13:57 PM »

The concert got 3/6, and doesn't seem to concur with the reviews I've read here...

Because this article is apparently objective and the reviews you are reading here are not.  The reviews here are from hard core biased Axl fans who are just happy he is performing and would think the concert was "the best ever" regardless.  I am sorry to see this new "6 solos a night" crap that appears to becoming a staple. 

I agree, there are a lot of people on this site who are totally blinded by GnR and no matter what they do, it will be the most amazing thing ever (there are people that thing Oh My God is better the best GnR song ever).  BUT, there are a ton of rock critics and journalists who are just as bad on the flip side.  They don't like Axl, they refuse to accept that this is a new band and no matter what are always going to ask "where is slash".  I think the review mentions Slash 3 times?  Thats a lot of mentions for a guy who isn't in the band anymore.  And its not necessary either, the new guitarists are quite good.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1449 on: June 03, 2006, 12:19:05 PM »

I haven't recognized anything dramatically in rio

He ran out of breath on almost every song in RIR...it was very dramatic.

But still, i'd like to see you running around on a stage for 2.5hrs at the age of 44 and see if you're not out of breath.
I don't know what people are expecting here, Axl is not a machine, he is a human who can get tired after 2.5hours of dancing and singning and running..

I don't do that for a living man.  But if I did, I'd make sure I ran around the appropriate amount so as to not affect the quality of my singing....which we can all agree is way more important than whether or not someoneone runs around alot.  This is his job.  I'm not saying its easy, just that in RIR he didn't do a great job.

you people are paranoid,really. all you do is need something to bash axl. you're so lame...

We are just trying to remain objective is all man.  This place needs people who look at things without "Rose" colored glases to balance out all the people who think Axl can never do any wrong.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #1450 on: June 03, 2006, 12:23:14 PM »

Because this article is apparently objective and the reviews you are reading here are not.? The reviews here are from hard core biased Axl fans who are just happy he is performing and would think the concert was "the best ever" regardless.? I am sorry to see this new "6 solos a night" crap that appears to becoming a staple.?

Why is this apparently objective? Because it?s quite negative? As far as I can see it's just another opinion. The essence of objectivity is that the object of perception is free from interpretation, rendering it a FACT. I really don?t see how that applies here. Why should some fans (clearly not all, I give you that) not be able to put the concert they saw into relative perspective? What tells you that this is not another example of the disproportionate bad press GNR has always been getting? Instead of assuming that a fan will always close his eyes for the negative, why not assume that the media are eager to shoot this incarnation of GNR down as fast as they can? Just curious?

-PEACE-

Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1451 on: June 03, 2006, 12:24:44 PM »

All of these bad reviews are really starting to worry me. ?I mean, has anyone even posted a very positive European review yet? ?And I'm not referring to the Rio review posted on their website. ?I mean, I do agree with the excessive amount of solos. ?They aren't all that entertaining to begin with and they just completely kill the momentum of the show. ?Axl needs to do something about this. ?No need for a blues jam and a drum solo. ?I just hope the fan reviews we are getting are accurate, because if the show was as good as they are saying, then 80,000 people speakin fondly of the performance and Axl's voice will partly help to counter the negative perception that many will have solely from reading this article. ?Like it or not, more people will probably read the article than see them live. ?Oh, and not to burst anyone's bubble, but the new songs are getting universally bad reviews as well guys. ?I know that they are new and it's hard to wrap your mind around and all the first time, but still, I just feel like most press is really shitty and embaressing for this band. ?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1452 on: June 03, 2006, 12:28:41 PM »

I think the review mentions Slash 3 times? ?Thats a lot of mentions for a guy who isn't in the band anymore. ?And its not necessary either, the new guitarists are quite good.

People on this board are going to have to get used to the "where is Slash" type references from journalists as long as this band continues to call itself GNR. Axl knew that would be an issue when he decided to carry on with the name, so to complain that journalists can't get over it is kind of ridiculous. The opportunities using the name creates for Axl far outweighs the negative us GNR fans have of having to read a "where is Slash" line in every review. Would you rather have Axl rename the band and forfeit headlining all of these festivals and other large venues just so you don't have to read those lines? We can't have our cake and eat it too.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1453 on: June 03, 2006, 12:29:56 PM »

I haven't recognized anything dramatically in rio, but i thought that the rock am ring show was way better than rir, also performing wise by axl.

Agreed 100%.

The man is 44 years old, plays a set longer than most bands, this is only like his 8/9 show (cant remember). Any band that plays constantly only plays for like an hour 15 minutes to an hour and a half. Would you rather have GNR play that long or add some solos and play 2 1/2 hours.

You people forget this is LIVE, mistakes happen, Axl is human, he gets tired. He is 44 years old, he has just started touring again, and you people expect him to be at top forum.

If you want everything to be perfect then fucking stay at home, turn on your GNR albums, and rock the fuck out. A live show is LIVE, fuck ups happen, band members fall down, Axl runs out of breath a couple times, stop being nitpicking crybabies.

And to the people saying that they want an objective view, good luck is all I can tell you. Almost EVERYONE (especially the press) think Axl is a joke, and this is a joke band. You really think they are going to give a "honest" review of the show?? Unless the entire original band walks out on stage, they are going to give a shit review. Thats just how it is.

On Topic, thanks for the review Brownstone, sounds like an awesome show.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1454 on: June 03, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »

totally. You know why the singers of tool or korn don't get out of breath?  cause all they do throughout the show is stand next to their mic stand and headbang. that's it...

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1455 on: June 03, 2006, 12:35:55 PM »

I don't know why people get so concerned with these concert reviews, the fate of Guns N Roses lies in the first singles ability to "get back" all the old fans and attract a new wave of Guns N Roses fans who never were into the band before. Guns N Roses live show is fine, I seen it 3 times in New York. You gotta remember that a lot of these people doing reviews just go into it with a chip on their shoulder because it's not the old band, but it's still using the same name, like some people said they think it is a joke. The only way you're going to convert these people and make them look at the new band as Guns N Roses is release the new cd and hope the first couple singles have good success. Once the album is dropped, a single is successful, and Axl is playing 10 new songs each show, the reviews will improve.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1456 on: June 03, 2006, 12:37:36 PM »

We can not decide if this is a concert or a jam
I have to agree with that. Sometimes those non stop jams are annoying...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1457 on: June 03, 2006, 12:40:52 PM »

Have you seen a live video of Zep, nes? Roll Eyes

Cheesy Battle, paranoia vs schiz!

I'm all for the 21st century schizoid band.

No smashing, but stagediving Smiley
And yes it was a female singer.

I saw the tool show,obviously, it was good. And they mentioned GNR,saying that we should hang on for them or something like that

Cheers. Nice, tool is for the schizoid band as well.  Grin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1458 on: June 03, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »

Wow...another bad review... Roll Eyes

unthinkable....everybody just has to realize that they are getting used to the rigors of the road and warming up...

Once CD is dropped we're gonna be in for a whole different show IMO yes ok

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1459 on: June 03, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »

It seems that no matter what your perspective is, we all agree that this band needs to release new material (single and then album).  It seems we all agree that the live shows will improve and the reviews will improve if material is released and then played live.  That begs one question....why did they decide to tour 30+ dates without releasing new material and to essentially redo the 2002 tour?  I cannot for the life of me think of one good reason.  Apparently the music is done and they are just deciding on what songs to put on the 1st album.  Surely that could be handled in short form.  So why do this without releasing at least a single? 

I said when the first dates were announced that this would be a huge joke if they toured again without releasing at least a single.  Even hard core Axl lovers like Dave and younggunner said the same thing.  Guess what?   It is a joke at this point (at least relative to what it could have been).  It is a nostalgic act with a cover band replacing legends.  That's all this is untill new material reaches the masses (and a few demo leaks that maybe 5,000 people world wide have in=hand doesn't count).  It wouldn't be a cover band if an album were released with these musicians playing on it.

I just cannot for the life of me think of why they would tour like this.  Unless of course the album is not really done and is not even close to being done (which Axl himself has assured us is done).  It's all a bit disappointing really.  GNR cannot take over the music scene using songs from 1987.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 80 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: