Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:18:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message From Izzy - re: NY and Europe Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message From Izzy - re: NY and Europe Tour  (Read 9701 times)
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 07:17:38 PM »

i had no idea slash had said something about what happened with axl .... Shocked? unbelievable!

just read some....  Tongue

« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:43:44 PM by warrocks » Logged

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 12:18:41 AM »

After that comment, I think Izzy would definetly be interested in playing with Axl again sometime soon.  Cool.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 12:27:28 AM »

Im sure Izzy would go to Europe if fair was payed for. He might look at it as a vacation more than a GNR reunion though.

The only thing that will excite me is if they play new material they colloberated on together.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:29:19 AM by jabba2 » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 12:33:53 AM »

It would only happen if Izzy had AMPLE time to recover from the jet lag...we all know he likes his sleep!   hihi

STill cracks me up that he left NY before PC because he had to get up early hahaha.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Evolution
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 12:36:09 AM »

That would be something very special to see Izzy appear with Guns in Europe.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 12:00:08 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53002

GUNS N' ROSES founding guitarist Izzy Stradlin joined his former band onstage for three songs at the final show of the group's four-night stand in New York City on May 17. Stradlin, who left the group in 1991, performed "Think About You", "Patience" and "Nightrain", the latter of which also featured an appearance from Kid Rock. Izzy was heavily rumored to turn up for the group's New York shows, its first concerts since December of 2002.

Regarding the possibility of guest appearances with GUNS N' ROSES on their current European tour, Izzy said in a posting on his official web site, "I don't have any concrete plans at this moment to join them in Europe but I will let you know if it changes. Please let people know nothing is confirmed at this point for Europe. NY was pretty cool."

Izzy left GNR in mid-1991, just around the time its "Use Your Illusion" albums were released. He has since recorded five albums on his own, either as a solo artist or with the JU JU HOUNDS.

Axl has promised that the band's long-delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy", will be out later this year, but no release date has been announced.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Death Cube K
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »

STill cracks me up that he left NY before PC because he had to get up early hahaha.

Now that's plain rock n roll  ok hihi
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »

I wish he would come back full time... The rock n roll world is missing a great talent when Izzy just stays at home.
Death Cube K
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 12:20:19 PM »

I wish he would come back full time... The rock n roll world is missing a great talent when Izzy just stays at home.

Yes,  but let the man do what he wants. It's no his deal playing huge rock festivals..it's not his personality. I'd rather see a happy Richard Fortus than a un-happy and moody Izzy Stradlin in the band
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 01:23:53 PM »

I'd love to see Izzy permantly back with the Axl.  I still miss the good ol' days  Cry

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 01:49:10 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53002

GUNS N' ROSES founding guitarist Izzy Stradlin joined his former band onstage for three songs at the final show of the group's four-night stand in New York City on May 17. Stradlin, who left the group in 1991, performed "Think About You", "Patience" and "Nightrain", the latter of which also featured an appearance from Kid Rock. Izzy was heavily rumored to turn up for the group's New York shows, its first concerts since December of 2002.

Regarding the possibility of guest appearances with GUNS N' ROSES on their current European tour, Izzy said in a posting on his official web site, "I don't have any concrete plans at this moment to join them in Europe but I will let you know if it changes. Please let people know nothing is confirmed at this point for Europe. NY was pretty cool."

So did nyd get a personal response from Izzy or just take the quotes from the official website? It is  the exact same quote.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 02:17:09 PM »

This is for the guy who said that a lot of the people living in 1988 are 14-25 years old now. It's 2006 now. 1988+14=2002. George Bush's school cuts hurt your mathematical abilities?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:22:00 PM by Mattattack » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 02:31:19 PM »

This is for the guy who said that a lot of the people living in 1988 are 14-25 years old now. It's 2006 now. 1988+14=2002. George Bush's school cuts hurt your mathematical abilities?

Take it easy, Einstein.  He meant that as a figure of speech about people living in the past, though not necessarily alive at the time.  A lot of people like music made before they were born.

nyd
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 08:42:53 AM »

So did nyd get a personal response from Izzy or just take the quotes from the official website? It is? the exact same quote.

Hey,

I got a personal response from Izzy. I run Izzys website and just copied his exact email straight onto the site Smiley

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »

So did nyd get a personal response from Izzy or just take the quotes from the official website? It is? the exact same quote.

Hey,

I got a personal response from Izzy. I run Izzys website and just copied his exact email straight onto the site Smiley

Ok, cool.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2006, 12:01:10 AM »

good old Izzy - always a cool cat? Cool

I just wish he had kept the name GUNS N ROSES where would it be now???   rofl rofl

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
wadey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 05:19:26 PM »

Whats the possibilty of izzy showing his face at the download festival.
I mean with the history between G N' R and donnington in 88' where the tragedy took place i figure axl might look upon izzy for some support. its been a long time since 88' but the memories should still be there.

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »

why not?
He can be guest on any show,couse we saw him on NCY show,so now,he can be guest on any ....

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
wadey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »

why not?
He can be guest on any show,couse we saw him on NCY show,so now,he can be guest on any ....

yeah............i know he played NYC and its possible for him to play more shows but i think you missed the concept of axl returning to donnington since 88' where 2 fans died during their set. The memories might still be a bit raw and he might look towards izzy for support in getting through the gig.

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2006, 06:14:39 PM »

Donington '88 will still be in Izzy's memory jus' like Axl's and the rest of the band members who played there back then. It will be a nostalgic and emotional return for Axl I'm sure, and Izzy may well want to be part of it.... we'll see? Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: