Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:21:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message From Izzy - re: NY and Europe Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message From Izzy - re: NY and Europe Tour  (Read 9712 times)
nyd
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:41:10 AM »

Hi guys,

First of all the Izzy site is now back online: www.juju.34sp.com/izzy/

As it is a stupid URL please add it to your favourites if you like Izzy Smiley I emailed him to ask whether he would be joining GNR at any point in Europe and he replied:

"i dont have any concrete plans at this moment to join them in europe but i will let u know if it changes.please let people know nothing is confirmed at this point for europe.ny was pretty cool.......so......talk later,izz"

Ive got tickets for Hammersmith Apollo so Izzy should get his ass over and play  smoking lol
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 05:43:12 AM »

Hi guys,

First of all the Izzy site is now back online: www.juju.34sp.com/izzy/

As it is a stupid URL please add it to your favourites if you like Izzy Smiley I emailed him to ask whether he would be joining GNR at any point in Europe and he replied:

"i dont have any concrete plans at this moment to join them in europe but i will let u know if it changes.please let people know nothing is confirmed at this point for europe.ny was pretty cool.......so......talk later,izz"

Ive got tickets for Hammersmith Apollo so Izzy should get his ass over and play? smoking lol

thats cool as fuck he wrote you back.
Megaguns
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 05:47:19 AM »

Fuck man, im glad izzy was digging it, Hopefully it set something off in his head, Remember people, Izzy is the key if there is ever any possibility EVER of a reunion. He is on good terms with all old members
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 06:01:22 AM »

Sounds like he's up for it. Therefore it'd be rude not to, but if it happens again I'd like a bit of 14 Years, Double Talkin' Jive and - as it seems to be the most requested track - Don't Cry, instead of him performing on the same songs as he did in New York. If he does three or four shows with different songs, we might be able to edit a full set together  ok
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 06:04:58 AM »

Fuck man, im glad izzy was digging it, Hopefully it set something off in his head, Remember people, Izzy is the key if there is ever any possibility EVER of a reunion. He is on good terms with all old members

id love to see it.. but just for one or two shows.. i dont think they could ever make an album together again...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »

good old Izzy - always a cool cat  Cool

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 06:27:19 AM »

good old Izzy - always a cool cat? Cool

hell yeah... till the end....
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 06:46:18 AM »

Thats great, he emailed back.It would be awesome if he did join gnr for a few shows peace
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 05:19:16 PM »

Izzy Stradlin's official fansite has moved to this address.
On the site, Izzy has issued an update regarding future involvement with Guns N' Roses' European tour. He says;
"I don't have any concrete plans at this moment to join them in Europe but I will let you know if it changes. Please let people know nothing is confirmed at this point for Europe. NY was pretty cool."

www.sp1at.com

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 05:22:49 PM »

Awesome! Thanks for this, Brownstone!

Very nice. I was wondering what Izzy thought about the NY gig...

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 05:24:21 PM »

Wow.  Instinct would have told me that the NY show was essentially a one-time deal.  It's great to hear the door is remaining open for more guest appearances...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »

wow an update from Izzy! it wouldn't surprise me if he showed up to one of the European shows. He played Italy with VR
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 05:34:02 PM »

No offense to Brownstone but give credit where credit is due ... this was already posted by nyd, who I believe is the one who actually contacted Izzy.

nyd's thread:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=31019.0

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
lul
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »

izzy is the man

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

No offense to Brownstone but give credit where credit is due ... this was already posted by nyd, who I believe is the one who actually contacted Izzy.

nyd's thread:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=31019.0

oops, didn't see that.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 05:57:23 PM »

'No concrete plans'.

Some are there though perhaps? Its an instant winner for Axl really. Showing that Izzy wants him to succeed and accepts the rest of the band should work wonders in getting a lot of the 'living in 1988' motherfuckers to wake up.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 06:00:21 PM »

'No concrete plans'.

Some are there though perhaps? Its an instant winner for Axl really. Showing that Izzy wants him to succeed and accepts the rest of the band should work wonders in getting a lot of the 'living in 1988' motherfuckers to wake up.

a lot of those who you call "living in 1988 motherfuckers" are only 14-25yrs old and aren't living in 1988 and can respect the old as well as the new band
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »

I think having Izzy around once in a blue moon is cool, but it is hard to ever start to establish the new band's identity by having old members hanging around or playing such a heavy AFD setlist. Izzy's presence on the stage in NY completely overshadowed the new players, and that is not what this band needs right now. Any Izzy presence for more than a show every so often will do nothing but fuel reunion talk, as him on stage makes people get nostalgic for the band they once loved.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 06:09:10 PM »

Its very encouraging that after a decade these two former best friends are friends once again, i doubt we'll see Izzy ever rejoin the band but its encouraging all the same

When you consider Axl has met with Matt Sorum, Izzy Stradlin and Slash this year after years of recriminations there has definetly been progress

Quick! To the bandwagon!
T_Roxie
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 06:12:30 PM »

Its very encouraging that after a decade these two former best friends are friends once again, i doubt we'll see Izzy ever rejoin the band but its encouraging all the same

When you consider Axl has met with Matt Sorum, Izzy Stradlin and Slash this year after years of recriminations there has definetly been progress

Didnt Slash deny that happened?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: