Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:23:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did anyone else pick up on the N.W.A. reference by Axl at Rock in Rio?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did anyone else pick up on the N.W.A. reference by Axl at Rock in Rio?  (Read 7787 times)
themovieaddict.com
« on: June 02, 2006, 11:23:02 PM »

During KOHD he says to the crowd, "How far we goin' back? We goin' WAY back..."

This is a line from the song "Gangsta Gangsta" by N.W.A., one of Axl's favorite groups back in the early '90s (he used to wear N.W.A. caps and t-shirts on the Illusion tour). Slash wore an N.W.A. shirt at the recent performance he did on VH1 with Rob Zombie and Tommy Lee.

Anyway, just in case no one picked up on it...there ya go.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:25:11 PM »

Yea, I got that too. Axl's a massive fan of the band - really wanted them to be the opening act on the UYI tour.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 11:27:48 PM »

BTW, for anyone who's interested, here's where you can hear it (so you're not searching through the whole song, because I know a bunch of you are going to go listen to it now - hell, I know a handful of people who downloaded a bunch of W.A.S.P. albums after Axl was on Trunk.  hihi)

At exactly 4:00 mins into the song:

"What we gonna do right now is go back."

"How far you goin' back?"

"WAY back."

And they say it with the same vocal pitch as Axl did, so it's pretty obvious he was mimicking them. I thought it was cool, I didn't pick up at all on it before, I was just listening to N.W.A. now and was like, "Where have I heard that before?"
QUNate
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 11:28:12 PM »

I picked up on that too.  I've been a fan of N.W.A. for years.  Eazy-E was like the rap version of Axl in my opinion.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 11:28:29 PM »

Yea, I got that too. Axl's a massive fan of the band - really wanted them to be the opening act on the UYI tour.

Yea ?N.W.A. the first choice, Skid Row second .

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 11:29:53 PM »

I picked up on that too.  I've been a fan of N.W.A. for years.  Eazy-E was like the rap version of Axl in my opinion.

I just started listening to them as well as Run-DMC, I had no idea what I was missing, early '90s rap is actually pretty good.  hihi LEAGUES ahead of what rap turned into at the turn of the decade.

I'm not ashamed to admit I even like Vanilla Ice.

Well, okay, I'm a little ashamed. But come on, who DOESN'T love Ice Ice Baby? Or his hair-do? Or the skydiving pants?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:33:25 PM »

Back in the 80s there was a lot of good rap. Dont know what the whole scene is like today, but the stuff they play on the radio is god-awful.
QUNate
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 11:35:47 PM »

That song "I Ain't Tha 1" off "Straight Outta Compton" is the funniest song I've ever heard.
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 11:36:52 PM »

That's pretty cool that over a decade later he's still quoting NWA and not Lil Jon or something
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 11:38:32 PM »

my nigga eazy e died from aids
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 11:40:13 PM »

Biggie was the last good MC   everybody now sucks ass not even worth listening to.    Snoop Dogg is funny is interviews  but he's not as good as he once was .
QUNate
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 11:43:23 PM »

Complete and utter rumor:

"Another question surrounding Eazy-E's death arose from the fact that on Snoop Doggy Dogg's first album Doggystyle which was released in 1993, two years before Eazy said he knew he had AIDS, you can hear the words "HIV pussy having Motherfucker" followed by the words "Eazy come, Eazy go", you can hear it right before the fifth track on the album which is "Lodi Dodi". It has been said that at sometime between 1992-1993 someone from Snoop or Dre's camp sent an AIDS infected woman to sleep with Eazy knowingly giving him the virus which would explain how Snoop knew Eazy-E had AIDS even before Eazy did."
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 11:44:54 PM »

"Another question surrounding Eazy-E's death arose from the fact that on Snoop Doggy Dogg's first album Doggystyle which was released in 1993, two years before Eazy said he knew he had AIDS, you can hear the words "HIV pussy having Motherfucker" followed by the words "Eazy come, Eazy go", you can hear it right before the fifth track on the album which is "Lodi Dodi". It has been said that at sometime between 1992-1993 someone from Snoop or Dre's camp sent an AIDS infected woman to sleep with Eazy knowingly giving him the virus which would explain how Snoop knew Eazy-E had AIDS even before Eazy did."

I wouldn't be surprised.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »

Buy Niggaz4life if you're getting into N.W.A. The greatest rap album of all time.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 11:48:43 PM »

WTF, Eazy E did die from AIDS - he admitted his diagnosis to the public. Doesn't necessarily mean he was gay or a junkie or anything but its no rumour that AIDS killed him.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 11:50:13 PM »

WTF, Eazy E did die from AIDS - he admitted his diagnosis to the public. Doesn't necessarily mean he was gay or a junkie or anything but its no rumour that AIDS killed him.

He meant the other thing was a rumor, about Snoop Dogg/Dre purposely infecting Eazy-E with AIDS.
QUNate
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 11:50:53 PM »

He meant the other thing was a rumor, about Snoop Dogg/Dre purposely infecting Eazy-E with AIDS.

Yes that's what I meant.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 11:56:49 PM »

Oh right, sorry. Lot of conspiracies surrounding dead rappers, hey?
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 12:11:55 AM »

that would be really fucked up to do something like that...
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 02:25:37 AM »

Yes that's what I meant.

The rumor is just that, a rumor. Dr Dre, as much heat as there was between him & Eazy at the time it wasnt on a level where Dre would do such a thing. Him & Eazy knew each other for a long ass time way b4 Eazy started rpapin & Dre started beat making

Eazy had a dozen or so kids most from different mothers, he was a man whore, u whore urself out without protection ur bound to catch somehting eventually.

There is one person however I wouldn't put it past, Suge Knight. He was in partnership with Dr Dre, had threatened Eazy E face to face with his gang of homeboys to make Eazy sign over the rights to Dre Michel'le & the D.O.C. to death row records. Theres even rumors that he kidnapped Eazy & made him drink piss & threatening much worse b4 Eazy handed over the rights to those 3 Ruthless records artists.

Suge Knight is an evil evil man who was involved in much gang banging bullying murder drug trafficking police corruption (Rampart scandel) & is most likely the man who organized the assaination of Notorious B.I.G. so who knows maybe he did send a H.I.V. hoe to him but I would doubt it
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: