Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Macintosh or PC
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Macintosh or PC  (Read 5185 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 09:01:02 AM »

Now, a Mac can run Windows, so you can have the benefits of a Mac and still have what you want from Windows. Is the opposite true? No, you are stuck with Windows, which as everyone knows, has new security gaps literally every month. I have colleagues at work who switched? from Macs to PC a fews years back for fear of losing IT support (which never happened), and now they regret their decision. So, while Macs may be higher priced, you get what you pay for, and in this case you get a better computer that is easier to use, more versatile, and is a better computer.

Not true...I got OSX to run on my PC...i hated it I went back to Windows XP....one question....why change Machines to use the same OS? Sounds silly to me

Brody
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 01:29:36 PM »

Now, a Mac can run Windows, so you can have the benefits of a Mac and still have what you want from Windows. Is the opposite true? No, you are stuck with Windows, which as everyone knows, has new security gaps literally every month. I have colleagues at work who switched  from Macs to PC a fews years back for fear of losing IT support (which never happened), and now they regret their decision. So, while Macs may be higher priced, you get what you pay for, and in this case you get a better computer that is easier to use, more versatile, and is a better computer.

Not true...I got OSX to run on my PC...i hated it I went back to Windows XP....one question....why change Machines to use the same OS? Sounds silly to me

Neemo you may have gotten it to run... but not stable.. Anyways i switched about a month ago, and im a long time pc user.. I love my Imac.. It runs os x and windows.. so its all good!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 02:10:35 PM »

Neemo you may have gotten it to run... but not stable..

no it was stable....just for being more "user freindly" it was confusing as hell hihi

I used Macs in college too....they are a pain in the ass IMO

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 12:22:53 AM »

no it was stable....just for being more "user freindly" it was confusing as hell hihi

And when was that? Macs are the ultimate in ease of use. If you found them confusing, then the question is why were you in college? And further, why do you think most colleges buy Macs for their computer labs? Because they are easy to use and very intuitive. BTW, did you graduate? Wink
Brody
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 06:00:01 AM »

I understand that.. After being a long time pc user it was difficult switching.. you kind of need some 1 to show ya the ropes, but after that is all easy and you will find its much simpler...

And Krispity Kream.. Im pretty sure Neemo Graduated.. Hes like a Architect or sumtin
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 07:52:36 PM »

http://www.break.com/index/pcvsmac1.html

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 11:37:57 PM »

It is interesting to note that Windows  has been copying Mac technology to make usage easier, as well as graphics, websearch, and audio/visual functions. 
This question will never be settled  once  and for  all. Look at all the old gnr vs new gnr and axl vs slash and on and on. I am confident in my knowledge that Macs are a superior computer. Those who use them, know. For the rest, if  you are happy with your PC, fine, more power  to you. It  is your choice and your money.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 12:13:40 AM »

It is interesting to note that Windows  has been copying Mac technology to make usage easier, as well as graphics, websearch, and audio/visual functions. 
This question will never be settled  once  and for  all. Look at all the old gnr vs new gnr and axl vs slash and on and on. I am confident in my knowledge that Macs are a superior computer. Those who use them, know. For the rest, if  you are happy with your PC, fine, more power  to you. It  is your choice and your money.
And also, at the end of the day it's really only a silly machine.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 11:32:01 AM »

It is interesting to note that Windows? has been copying Mac technology to make usage easier, as well as graphics, websearch, and audio/visual functions.?
This question will never be settled? once? and for? all. Look at all the old gnr vs new gnr and axl vs slash and on and on. I am confident in my knowledge that Macs are a superior computer. Those who use them, know. For the rest, if? you are happy with your PC, fine, more power? to you. It? is your choice and your money.
And also, at the end of the day it's really only a silly machine.

but macs are sillier Tongue

I cant remeber what version of osx i ran...it was a recent one though

and i graduated, jerk hihi my department had pcs cuz autocad doesn't support macs (cuz they suck) I played with the one s in the photography department Cuz I knew someone that was taking photography and i wanted to see how "great" the program was...btw you can get Adobe Photoshop on PC too Wink

I just don't like the layout....but I've been a PC person since DOS so...

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 04:43:51 PM »

as far as i recall, microsoft was paying apple to use certain elements of their operating system...and that apple has also copied some elements of microsoft's operating system in recent years...the fact is that both companies were copying each other...in fact apple nor microsoft invented many of the basic elements of their computers such as the mouse, object oriented programming, wysiwyg etc...they happily copied that off of xerox

http://www.quad4x.net/?page_id=637

as to say that the Mac is superior to the PC...in some ways it may be but overall windows xp wipes the floor with a mac, its faster, both the operating system and its hardware are more configurable, it has more applications, it has better usability and its half the price...and designers, their egos and their macs go well together

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: