Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:08:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axls Sense of Humor
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axls Sense of Humor  (Read 3392 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: June 01, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »

Anyone else like to see Axl so content and being funny on stage? The thing that sticks in my mind recently was the "Thats what I'm talkin' about" during Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

I think it's cool that he seems to be alot happier w/ life lately. And if nothing else, that one line almost made me spit my beer out because it was so out of character from his old demeanor.

Anyone else think this is a good change overall?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »

yeah
i heard he prances in fields now and then

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:33:51 AM »

yeah

Huh?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »

If it's not an arguement about the old band vs the new band, does no one have anything to offer besides smileys?

TheMole
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:41:15 AM »

If it's not an arguement about the old band vs the new band, does no one have anything to offer besides smileys?

I think it was cooler back in the day, when he was all mean to everyone, really arrogant, you know... that was real Guns N' Roses to me...
you know I'm kidding, right?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 11:43:50 AM »

Ok then. Yeah he does sound happier these days. Seems to be having more fun with it I guess.

My question is what does everyone think of it. For instance, does it matter to you one way or the other? Does it make the show more enjoyable to watch for you or does it not really effect it ya know?

Origen
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 11:45:44 AM »

yeah

While singing the hills are alive with the sound of music
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 11:46:21 AM »

I think it was cooler back in the day, when he was all mean to everyone, really arrogant, you know... that was real Guns N' Roses to me...
you know I'm kidding, right?

I realize you're kidding, but that was kinda what I was wondering. I think he puts on just as good of a show as he used to and w/o hating everything and everyone. But I bet there are some that feel that maybe he's lost his edge in the transition.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 11:49:15 AM »

It's the Leather!  hihi

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
TheMole
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 11:54:13 AM »

I realize you're kidding, but that was kinda what I was wondering. I think he puts on just as good of a show as he used to and w/o hating everything and everyone. But I bet there are some that feel that maybe he's lost his edge in the transition.

Well, in all honesty, I liked it when he was really really arrogant and I do find him less edgy these days, less "rock n' roll". But that doesn't mean the shows will be less enjoyable I guess. It's more of an overall image thing. I was a young guy when GNR were at their peak and back then I took some pride in liking the "most dangerous band in the world", so it's probably just me being nostalgic to my own youth Wink.

(And I'm only 26... man I'm gonna be a sad little man when I'm like 30 or something Wink).

But I really don't want to turn this in an old vs new discussion. Like I said, it probably has more to do with my own nostalgia than anything else.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 12:00:21 PM »

Well the new happy Axl hasn't cancelled any shows yet, I still think he needs a new watch though  hihi as long as he shows up on timeish and puts on a kick ass show I don't mind. If you could guarantee a kick ass show where Axl ranted at things then great but the Axl that ranted and raved also tended not to show up to shows, so whilst a rant or 2 would be cool I'd take him showing up at shows over a rant anyday  ok

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 12:05:23 PM »

Well, in all honesty, I liked it when he was really really arrogant and I do find him less edgy these days, less "rock n' roll". But that doesn't mean the shows will be less enjoyable I guess.

Thats how I feel as well.

godiva
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 12:06:09 PM »

I like the new happy Axl, cracking jokes on stage and stuff. At the same time, please Axl, just ONE good rant  hihi
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 12:06:46 PM »

Well the new happy Axl hasn't cancelled any shows yet, I still think he needs a new watch though  hihi as long as he shows up on timeish and puts on a kick ass show I don't mind. If you could guarantee a kick ass show where Axl ranted at things then great but the Axl that ranted and raved also tended not to show up to shows, so whilst a rant or 2 would be cool I'd take him showing up at shows over a rant anyday  ok

Haha true. I was also thinking that maybe he's just got nothing on his mind to rant about because being focused on the tour and CD finally being released. That'd be good news as well!

beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 12:07:56 PM »

It's called growing older and wiser, it happens to most of us, I think!

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »

I like the new happy Axl, cracking jokes on stage and stuff. At the same time, please Axl, just ONE good rant  hihi

At RIR5 he kinda started ranting about how people comment on him not ranting. It was really quick and more funny then anything. Maybe after the CD comes out we'll get some stories if nothing else from the stage about certain songs and whatnot.

Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 01:42:20 PM »

If you posted something of substances than maybe you'd get better feedback...
I am sick of these posts:..is Axl happy , what brand toilet paper does Axl use,  does Axl shake after he takes a leak?

But when someone starts a thread with substance and debatable issues we get locked and flamed and banned.,,

you're not suppose to talk about the pink elephant in the room....  ie: old vs new, axl's voice.
instead let's talk about Axl's happiness,   Grin

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Evolution
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 01:51:02 PM »

The thing that sticks in my mind recently was the "Thats what I'm talkin' about" during Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

I think it's cool that he seems to be alot happier w/ life lately. And if nothing else, that one line almost made me spit my beer out because it was so out of character from his old demeanor.

Haha yeah. That and "How far we going back? We going waaaaaaaaaay back."
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 01:54:30 PM »

it's all good '

the one an only horsey !
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 03:47:38 PM »

If you posted something of substances than maybe you'd get better feedback...
I am sick of these posts:..is Axl happy , what brand toilet paper does Axl use,? does Axl shake after he takes a leak?

But when someone starts a thread with substance and debatable issues we get locked and flamed and banned.,,

you're not suppose to talk about the pink elephant in the room....? ie: old vs new, axl's voice.
instead let's talk about Axl's happiness,? ?Grin

Axls mindset and how it effects the show they play and how much people enjoy it is of substance. More so then a pissing contest about how much one persons opinion matters over another because of how many years they been a fan.  ok

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: