Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think Better's single potential has been affected by the leak?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think Better's single potential has been affected by the leak?  (Read 6506 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« on: June 01, 2006, 07:22:46 AM »

If so then I feel sorry for Robin Finck because, if he is the song writer, then he will get screwed out of money.
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:29:09 AM »

No i don't think that will have any affect, as pretty much all songs are leaked these days

Also, from what I can gather about Robin, money is not a major priority in his life...so don't feel too sorry about that. ok
But that's just my guess. peace
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:31:54 AM »

If I was Robin though, and I did end up losing out because of the leak, Id really want to get my hands on the leaker.

Whom may well be Axl himself.  nervous
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 08:11:29 AM »

Nah. I think the market for a GNR single is different from the market for a GNR album. Totally hardcore fans will, of course, buy everything. Most fans will wait for the album. But a single with plenty of radio play is going to pick up plenty of its own fans, regardless of whether or not they like the band or have followed the developments of the album, leaks, etc.

And after two extensive tours with NIN as well as his GNR salary over the years, I doubt that Robin is going to be struggling for rent any time soon.
Death Cube K
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 08:16:35 AM »

I don't think Better are considered a single. Infact I dont think any of the new songs played are single intended...
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 08:20:56 AM »

I don't think Better are considered a single. Infact I dont think any of the new songs played are single intended...

Agreed.  I am concerned that Axl mentioned that his favorite songs are The Blues, TWAT and Better.  I really really hope they are not the best songs on the album and that he just likes them for their meaning or whatever.
Death Cube K
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:28:54 AM »

Agreed.  I am concerned that Axl mentioned that his favorite songs are The Blues, TWAT and Better.  I really really hope they are not the best songs on the album and that he just likes them for their meaning or whatever.

Don't think so, it propably got something to do with the lyrical content.

TWAT got potential for a monster video thing and lots of airplay, but IMO they should stick to a rocker as the first single, for example the new Checkmate song? It sounds pretty good..at least the 16 secs Ive heard.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 08:39:44 AM »

but IMO they should stick to a rocker as the first single, for example the new Checkmate song? It sounds pretty good..at least the 16 secs Ive heard.
You think 16 secs are enough to consider that "Checkmate" would be great as first single ?
Nonsense.

I'll download it !
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 08:40:37 AM »

I would have been a lot more concerned if Axl said Rhiad, OMG and Silkworms were his favorite songs hihi

But Better plays real good live and i don't think the leak would hurt it's single potential
Death Cube K
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 08:57:33 AM »

You think 16 secs are enough to consider that "Checkmate" would be great as first single ?
Nonsense.

Notice how I put a question mark after my theory. It's not something I consider, it's an example to a song that would fit as a first single, upbeat, and rock. I have no idea if it WILL fit, it's the point of the whole fucking deal Im trying to get to you, which you obviously are not getting.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 09:13:26 AM »

Nonsense.

Notice how I put a question mark after my theory. It's not something I consider, it's an example to a song that would fit as a first single, upbeat, and rock. I have no idea if it WILL fit, it's the point of the whole fucking deal Im trying to get to you, which you obviously are not getting.

I think youre right about the rocker part - someone dropped the hint that "Prostitute" may be the first single. I dont know what the song sounds like, but judging from the title it could well have some attitude behind it.

It makes sense too that the first single would try and fit itself with what the commonly held view of GnR is/was - an edgy rock band.
Death Cube K
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 09:23:21 AM »

someone dropped the hint that "Prostitute" may be the first single.

That's stupid because no one's heard the song yet.

Madagascar or Better would be the obvious choices, but I think they'll pick a song we haven't heard.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 09:29:38 AM »

someone dropped the hint that "Prostitute" may be the first single.

That's stupid because no one's heard the song yet.

Madagascar or Better would be the obvious choices, but I think they'll pick a song we haven't heard.

Madagascar is far from a single. Axl will prob pick a song no one has heard yet. A fast paced rocker that isn't that long and isn't that far a departure from the Guns sound everyone other than the forum members are use too.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Death Cube K
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 09:30:49 AM »

Madagascar is far from a single. Axl will prob pick a song no one has heard yet. A fast paced rocker that isn't that long and isn't that far a departure from the Guns sound everyone other than the forum members are use too.

Madagascar would be the choice if they had to pick from the songs we have heard. They will not, and yes you are right.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:03 AM »

Of course not. You know what's the % among GN'R fans that have heard that song? Really small I tell you + the possible new fans have to be included of course and no matter which single they'll release first I bet that most of the hardcores will buy it.

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »

Madagascar is old news.? Better is the perfect choice for a radio friendly tune at this point unless there's a more catchy, harder rocking song we haven't heard yet.

A cleaned up version of TWAT would make for a good 3rd or 4th single.? It should not in any way be considered the flag-ship tune for Chinese Democracy.? Neither should I.R.S.? They just don't have "IT".

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 02:18:24 PM »

No.  None of the songs that've been played so far have had their single potential hurt.  The reason is quite simple, anyone willing to pay $60 or more to go see GnR live is probably going to buy the album.  The average Joe from the public hasn't heard Better.  The only people who've heard it are the die hards that have downloaded the leaks, and even at the Hammerstein shows you could tell most of the people in the crowd hadn't heard the new songs.  They're not going to release a single with us in mind, unfortunately, because they know all of us will buy the album anyway.  They'll release a single that they think will generate hype and sales amongst the general public.  Right now, the clear choices for singles amongst the songs we've heard are Better and The Blues
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

I think I.R.S will be the 1st single. He's made it a point to introduce the song at Rock in Rio and has made sure to play it at nearly every show. Plus it was gaining some serious fucking momentum on radio.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »

If Better is the lead-off single, then I'd say no. I've played the leak for alot of my friends (GN'R fans and non-GNR fans), and they've all pretty much agreed that its a great song. If anything, its warmed the fans up for the final version when its released.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 04:54:27 PM »

Better is a good song, I think it's goin to be a good single, almost as good as Slither
Come on guys fuck over me

rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: