Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock In Rio - LIVE - *ALL INFO AT PAGE 1*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock In Rio - LIVE - *ALL INFO AT PAGE 1*  (Read 258453 times)
godiva
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

So we're all gonna have a pretty busy weekend  peace YEAY!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 12:47:34 PM »

Yeah, I gotta tell you...

watching GnR LIVE from my LR (my PC is getting hooked up to the 50 inch TV), in my PJ's, is gonna be sort of surreal.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 12:55:44 PM »

"GNR" is not a cover band, they just happen to be called GNR = ?Grupo Novo Rock? They've been around longer than Guns N' Roses

from Rock in Rio:
GNR

World Stage

A long time ago, in 1981, the Guarda Nacional Republicana (National Republican Guard) did not find it particularly amusing that their acronym had been shamelessly usurped by three misbehaved kids from Oporto who stated loud and clear that they wanted to see ?Portugal na CEE? (Portugal in the EEC).

Convinced that these kids? celebrity was nothing more than a mediatic frenzy in a Portugal that was still stuck in the past, the paramilitary institution decided to ignore them and ?live and let live?.

GNR did not press any charges and therefore the band GNR was free to use the acronym, short for ?Grupo Novo Rock?.

It was one of those conflicts that surpassed the band, which at that time seemed to be drawn to them like a magnet.

In the midst of so many scandals, there were those who loved them and those who hated them, but the truth is that 25 years down the line, GNR still has a legion of followers.

Throughout their career they have released 13 albums and can boast of some the biggest hits in Portuguese music.

?Psicop?tria?, released in 1986, was the right album at the right time. In line with the fever caused by the single ?Efectivamente?, this album conquered the airwaves, broke through sales records and took GNR right to the top.

Their 1989 record ?A Valsa dos Detectives? was the best-sold album that year and ?In Vivo?, released in 1990 was the band?s first Platinum record.

The album ?Rock in Rio Douro? was released in 1992 at a time when the public was reconciling itself with pop being sung in Portuguese.

It was considered to be the it-record of 1992 (quadruple Platinum, 160 thousand albums sold) and it was at the top of the charts for weeks on end.

The new songs on 1994?s ?Sob Escuta? were immersed in scandal, owing to guitarist Zez? Garcia?s abrupt exit from the band and his replacement with Alexandre Manaja. Furthermore, it was immediately compared to its predecessor.

Some claimed the album was a flop because it ?only? achieved single Platinum status.

Now reduced to its original trio ? Reininho, Rom?o and Machado ? the GNR of today may not have the irreverent enthusiasm of yesteryears, but they definitely make up for it by embracing a newly found elegance and pop simplicity.

They have turned their backs on the fashion of today. Or, to put it in one word: maturity. This was further confirmed by their ?Popless? album (2000) which, besides the title and the exploring of Rui Reininho?s voice to the fullest, was as pop (or more) as a GNR album could claim to be.

GNR?s trademark is the fact they have always just been there and suddenly, they take us by surprise with an amazing pop song. The kind you just can?t get out of your head.

Axl is God.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »

watching GnR LIVE from my LR (my PC is getting hooked up to the 50 inch TV), in my PJ's, is gonna be sort of surreal.

Can I come to your house? Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
godiva
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 12:57:22 PM »

Me too? I'll bring the beer  beer
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 01:04:58 PM »

Well.....that would sorta rule out the PJ's. Smiley

But seriously...I'm thinking my wife would be a bit...perturbed...if I invited a rowdy gathering of GnR fans to the house given our two wee ones will be asleep upstairs.? no? Gonna be hard enough to get the volume to what I consider a decent level without waking them up (I'll manage?  ok ).

Otherwise, I'd sooooooo invite you all over.

Together again,
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2006, 01:16:47 PM »

Ill definetly be watching this....I cant wait to get some videos of these shows so i can see him play Better

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 01:17:50 PM »

Wouldn't hooking up the internet broadcast to your computer make the image EXTREMELY pixilated?! confused

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2006, 01:23:17 PM »

Wouldn't hooking up the internet broadcast to your computer make the image EXTREMELY pixilated?! confused

I've done it before without much of an issue.  I'm not sure exactly what quality of video we'll get, so we'll see.

With HDTV's, the resolution you can get from your vid card (if it's a good one) when hooked up to a PC is pretty good.  Pretty close to as good as my "normal" flat screen LCD monitor (it's hard to compare for me....when setting up the PC on my TV, it's widescreen aspect ration, so the resoution setting isn't precisely comparable).  And video can look a bit better, IMHO.  It'll more depend on the quality of the vid stream they're sending out....but I'll, at least, get the audio stream out on my Pioneer Reciever...which will be LOADS better than my PC speakers. Smiley

Together again,
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »

I've done it before without much of an issue.? I'm not sure exactly what quality of video we'll get, so we'll see.

With HDTV's, the resolution you can get from your vid card (if it's a good one) when hooked up to a PC is pretty good.? Pretty close to as good as my "normal" flat screen LCD monitor (it's hard to compare for me....when setting up the PC on my TV, it's widescreen aspect ration, so the resoution setting isn't precisely comparable).? And video can look a bit better, IMHO.? It'll more depend on the quality of the vid stream they're sending out....but I'll, at least, get the audio stream out on my Pioneer Reciever...which will be LOADS better than my PC speakers. Smiley

So you must have a pretty fast internet connection?! ok

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2006, 01:36:52 PM »

I hope someone can tape it

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2006, 01:44:16 PM »

I've done it before without much of an issue.? I'm not sure exactly what quality of video we'll get, so we'll see.

With HDTV's, the resolution you can get from your vid card (if it's a good one) when hooked up to a PC is pretty good.? Pretty close to as good as my "normal" flat screen LCD monitor (it's hard to compare for me....when setting up the PC on my TV, it's widescreen aspect ration, so the resoution setting isn't precisely comparable).? And video can look a bit better, IMHO.? It'll more depend on the quality of the vid stream they're sending out....but I'll, at least, get the audio stream out on my Pioneer Reciever...which will be LOADS better than my PC speakers. Smiley

So you must have a pretty fast internet connection?! ok

3 meg Cable (soon to be 5 meg, I think...but not by Friday).

What's nice is...most everyone else in our neighborhood uses DSL (it was the first high speed option in our neck of the woods) so we don't share the pipe with many people.  Keep in mind, too, that I live out in the boondocks of CT, so our population isn't exactly huge anyway.

Together again,
daubs
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2006, 03:37:29 PM »

this is going to be awesome...i didnt get into gnr until roughly 2003-04 but i remember watching the RIR3 show and i remember thinking 1.paradise city was awesome live and 2.the new band was unusual haha. im on dial up (yeah yeah!) so im going to go to my friends to watch it..should be good!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »

I am so looking forward to watching this and hopefully recording it. normally I work Sat nights, but for this , Ill take the night off!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 05:16:41 PM »

If I get asked to go out this Sat, I'm seriously thinking I won't go just to catch GN'R on the web.... Axl is beginning to take over my social life Grin

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2006, 05:19:41 PM »

If I get asked to go out this Sat, I'm seriously thinking I won't go just to catch GN'R on the web.... Axl is beginning to take over my social life Grin

I now have a reason to not go out on Fri or Sat! YYAAAYY!!!! Didn't take much to take over my social life lol

Thank goodness for the internet  Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2006, 05:30:24 PM »

So what time roughly UK time will GNR hit the stage? Gonna go out for a few beers then come home and watch the boys kick Lisbons ass!!  Grin

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2006, 05:59:58 PM »

So what time roughly UK time will GNR hit the stage? Gonna go out for a few beers then come home and watch the boys kick Lisbons ass!!? Grin

11:45pm *I think*.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »

Fucking Sweet! Yea I said it  smoking

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 06:40:48 PM »

what do i need to do to hook my computer up to the tv?

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: