Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:22:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock In Rio - LIVE - *ALL INFO AT PAGE 1*
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock In Rio - LIVE - *ALL INFO AT PAGE 1*  (Read 227939 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2940 on: May 28, 2006, 06:10:35 AM »

no real rants didn't really talk much. he joked when he talked mostly.
godiva
« Reply #2941 on: May 28, 2006, 06:11:56 AM »

Just a few oneliners, about who thought they weren't going to show up, thanked the crowd for "putting up with us....erhm....me", introduced the band....
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #2942 on: May 28, 2006, 07:32:22 AM »

Bumblefoot - Dont Cry........... moment of the evening, brought tears to my eyes? Cry. we asked him to step up, boy did he do that last night
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2943 on: May 28, 2006, 07:41:42 AM »

says i can't view it in my area  Huh Roll Eyes

anyone got anymore links ??

funniest thing of the night was before the gig in soundcheck anyone hear

"chris vocals, chris vocals, chris vocals"   hihi rofl

pittman is the man

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #2944 on: May 28, 2006, 08:07:39 AM »

Love NR hate the butchering of the solos though. rant

Dude, you may not like it that way, but don't call it "butchering".

I loved both solos in NR, as many others have also said. Played in the style of the players, I appreciate being able to see different interpretations of this music.

@#$%Funker
darkmonth
« Reply #2945 on: May 28, 2006, 08:09:25 AM »

Different interpretation?  You mean off key and fucked up notes?  If a solo isn't the same, sure that's fine ... but off key and duff notes?  That's just muscially wrong and bad.  Open your fucking ears!!!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #2946 on: May 28, 2006, 08:17:50 AM »

So, you're telling me that a guy who has played guitar for years and years, and is clearly a very talented musician who was in NIN and asked to be in GN'R by Axl. A guy who could easily play Slash's solos exactly note by note if he wanted, should be judged by you, on how he plays?

BTW "Musically wrong" is an expression that should never ever be used.  no

Point is, If you don't like it, you can go and watch DVDs of the old band. Many people like the way he plays and will continue watching because of it. He wants to play it that way, the band like him playing that way, whether you like it is of no consequence.

@#$%Funker
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2947 on: May 28, 2006, 08:20:46 AM »

Don't feed the trolls

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2948 on: May 28, 2006, 08:21:16 AM »

Different interpretation?  You mean off key and fucked up notes?  If a solo isn't the same, sure that's fine ... but off key and duff notes?  That's just muscially wrong and bad.  Open your fucking ears!!!
I listened. Yeah, he fucked up the very begining. But there wasn't any off key note, as far as I remember. Or are you talkin' about the loooong bends he does?

makane
Legend

« Reply #2949 on: May 28, 2006, 08:24:04 AM »

So, you're telling me that a guy who has played guitar for years and years, and is clearly a very talented musician who was in NIN and asked to be in GN'R by Axl. A guy who could easily play Slash's solos exactly note by note if he wanted, should be judged by you, on how he plays?

BTW "Musically wrong" is an expression that should never ever be used.? no

Playing guitar for "years and years" doesn't mean you become a world class guitar player automatically.
How do you know he could play Slash solos note to note every time? He sure hasn't showed it even once.
Musically wrong is good description for playing off key and fucking up notes.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #2950 on: May 28, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

I've seen a 19 year old do it, I've seen a number of cover bands where the guitarist played Slash's solos exactly. And being a fairly good player myself, If I wanted to study Slash's solos and replicate them, I could.

Slash has great style, feeling, look about him, but he's not some super-being that wrote solos that were unplayable by common man.

A guy as talented as Robin could easily do that. But like I say, why would you ever want to see that?

@#$%Funker
makane
Legend

« Reply #2951 on: May 28, 2006, 08:32:22 AM »

I've seen a 19 year old do it, I've seen a number of cover bands where the guitarist played Slash's solos exactly. And being a fairly good player myself, If I wanted to study Slash's solos and replicate them, I could.
Umm, yeah  Shocked Ill just stop arguin with you right there...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2952 on: May 28, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

Umm, yeah  Shocked Ill just stop arguin with you right there...
Haha, you shouldn't. He's telling the truth. I mean, I dunno about him, but Slash's solo aren't that hard to learn.

Anyways, the thing is Robin isn't there ONLY to play Slash's solos. Listen to the amazing solos he did - Better, TWAT, The Blues..

I think all of this is getting really old now. All those threads seems to bash the new band all over again. What makes me sad is because most of the people are doing this because of the fucked up mix, not the band's performance itself. Shame...

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2953 on: May 28, 2006, 08:44:06 AM »

from mygnrforum:

Ok, I just got a phonecall from a friend of mine who was at the show.

From what she told me, the sound there was really good considering it's an outside show. The crowd was really please with the show. There was no where Slash, at least from where she was.

She told me something interesting tho.
From what she heard, GN'R had to end the show because it was getting too late. She was really close to the tech console and she heard the guy saying that they were running late and they had to cut a few songs and that Paradise city would be play right away at the encore. So i guess Chinese Democracy or Madagascar were suppose to be played at the encore like in NY.

that's sad Sad

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2954 on: May 28, 2006, 08:47:32 AM »

quick question: if the sound from the live stream was bad at times, will the dvd be better?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2955 on: May 28, 2006, 08:49:10 AM »

quick question: if the sound from the live stream was bad at times, will the dvd be better?

depends if the tv stream was clean or not. i would think so.

Origen
« Reply #2956 on: May 28, 2006, 08:52:35 AM »

from mygnrforum:

From what she told me, the sound there was really good considering it's an outside show. The crowd was really please with the show. There was no where Slash, at least from where she was.

From what she heard, GN'R had to end the show because it was getting too late. She was really close to the tech console and she heard the guy saying that they were running late and they had to cut a few songs and that Paradise city would be play right away at the encore. So i guess Chinese Democracy or Madagascar were suppose to be played at the encore like in NY.

that's sad Sad

You could hear it on the live stream, a tech guy shouting:

DIZZY PARADISE CITY, WERE DOING PARADE CITY.

As if that wasn't ment to be the next song, so they had to tell him before he went into the next song. And both Madagascar and TWAT have keyboard/effects intros dont' they, I suspect he was about to play one of them before they told him they had to go straight to the last song.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 08:55:40 AM by Origen » Logged
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2957 on: May 28, 2006, 08:56:03 AM »

depends if the tv stream was clean or not. i would think so.

any word on the tv stream yet? surely tons of portugese fans must have recorded it?
it didn't take long for the RIR3 tv recording to get out there anyway...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2958 on: May 28, 2006, 09:04:43 AM »

from mygnrforum:

that's sad Sad

As if that wasn't ment to be the next song, so they had to tell him before he went into the next song. And both Madagascar and TWAT have keyboard/effects intros dont' they, I suspect he was about to play one of them before they told him they had to go straight to the last song.

yeah i noticed that, too. i thought it was someone from the band... tommy perhaps..

he said "only paradise dizzy" i think

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Origen
« Reply #2959 on: May 28, 2006, 09:07:55 AM »

from mygnrforum:

that's sad Sad

yeah i noticed that, too. i thought it was someone from the band... tommy perhaps..

he said "only paradise dizzy" i think

It might of been Tommy I was just guessing that it was a tech guy  hihi

And somethink else that reassures me that wasn't ment to be the last song, what was with donig the band intros durign the outro of Paradise City? Maybe he was gonig to do it before Twat/Madagascar (or what ever they were gonig to play)
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: