Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What if ...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if ...  (Read 5640 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« on: May 30, 2006, 10:07:12 PM »

Sorry if this doesn't belong, but I was thinking what if GNR where to surprise everyone and do a show with just the new material except for WTTJ and PC, and the in between songs would be The Blues, CD, Madagascar, Better, IRS, CITR, TWAT, Ryhiad, and OMG.  Would they be praised for their bravery for trying out all new material in one show, or would they be criticized for not playing more classics and disappointing their fans.  I would like to see for the upcoming US tour, to see GNR play 10 classics, and 10 new songs.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:09:10 PM »

that would be the shit but most people would want to hear the old songs more till CD is released.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:28:31 PM »

You'd still have someone bitching about something  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 10:55:31 PM »

You'd still have someone bitching about something? hihi
Performing a bunch of songs from an album thats been hyped continuously? Cant imagine any GNR fans bitching about that.

Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:12:19 PM »

I wouldn't care if they played ALL new songs...

At Hammerstein, the whole time I was waiting for Better, Madagascar & TWAT... Oh My God never played though  Embarrassed

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 11:20:51 PM »

Performing a bunch of songs from an album thats been hyped continuously? Cant imagine any GNR fans bitching about that.

Trust me...SOMEONE would complain about SOMETHING!!!!  These are GNR fans we're talking about!  hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 11:24:40 PM »

Trust me...SOMEONE would complain about SOMETHING!!!!? These are GNR fans we're talking about!? hihi
Yeah, his hair was out of place, or the camera wasn't on Finck long enough. rofl

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 11:28:10 PM »

maybe us hardcore fans, but the majority of the people at the GNR gigs go to hear songs like Jungle and November Rain.   To the people who never heard the leaks or aren't on the boards all the time, thats all they know is Appetite and the Illusions.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 11:30:14 PM »

It's pretty simple. The hardcore fans that post on this forum would love it. The casual fans who go to the shows would be pissed off that they didn't get to hear their old favorites. The common theme to almost every thread is this. PUT OUT THE FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY!!! This will allow New GNR to either swim or sink, instead of what they're doing right now, which is floating with a life vest on.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 11:32:17 PM »

You'd still have someone bitching about something? hihi
maybe us hardcore fans, but the majority of the people at the GNR gigs go to hear songs like Jungle and November Rain.? ?To the people who never heard the leaks or aren't on the boards all the time, thats all they know is Appetite and the Illusions.
I'm not saying people dont want to hear any of the old songs, but people who are going to buy a ticket to see GNR are interested in chinese democracy. If you dont believe that, beg Axl to guarantee he wont release CD this year and proceed with the US tour in September.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 11:39:46 PM »

Here is my wish list.

WTTJ,SCOM,PC *U have to play those or there would be a riot

UYI: ,NOvember Rain,Dont Cry

Bring in an acoustic portion of the show instead of doing all those boring ass solos and perform

Patience,You're Crazy,Use To Love Her

UYI 2: Civil War,You Could Be Mine

8 new songs from Chinese Democracy

and then have a 4 song rotation to fill in the set and rotate between

Its so easy,Nightrain,Brownstone,Rocket Queen,LALD,KOHD,Estranged, and some other surprises here and there.

Im just sooooooooooooo bored hearing AFD live for the 2000th time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 11:41:15 PM »

maybe us hardcore fans, but the majority of the people at the GNR gigs go to hear songs like Jungle and November Rain.   To the people who never heard the leaks or aren't on the boards all the time, thats all they know is Appetite and the Illusions.

So? When they first started, no one heard their songs either, but that's how they get popular! You actually play them when you tour.
RichardNixon
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »

More new songs once the album is released!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 11:47:18 PM »

I'm not saying people dont want to hear any of the old songs, but people who are going to buy a ticket to see GNR are interested in chinese democracy. If you dont believe that, beg Axl to guarantee he wont release CD this year and proceed with the US tour in September.

Hmm, we'll have to agree to disagree here.....I don't see how people are going to buy tickets hoping to hear songs that they don't even know exist yet.  It is interesting to think what interest there would be though if Axl didnt' say CD in the fall.....As optimistic as I want to be, I am still only 50/50 on CD being realeased in sept/oct.  We've just had so many push backs.  Truthfully, if guns came back to NYC in Nov. and it was the same set list, I would def go, but not be anywhere as excited as I was in May - but thats b/c I've already seen them.  If I was in someone else's shoes who hasn't seen the 2006 guns I'd be crapping myself in anticipation of hearing Axl live again.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 11:52:27 PM »

Here is my wish list.

WTTJ,SCOM,PC *U have to play those or there would be a riot

UYI: ,NOvember Rain,Dont Cry

Bring in an acoustic portion of the show instead of doing all those boring ass solos and perform

Patience,You're Crazy,Use To Love Her

UYI 2: Civil War,You Could Be Mine

8 new songs from Chinese Democracy

and then have a 4 song rotation to fill in the set and rotate between

Its so easy,Nightrain,Brownstone,Rocket Queen,LALD,KOHD,Estranged, and some other surprises here and there.

Im just sooooooooooooo bored hearing AFD live for the 2000th time.
D, that is the most perfect setlist I have seen yet. Too bad it cant be reality. With September fast approaching, he will have to come up with a setlist resembling what you just posted.
I don't see how people are going to buy tickets hoping to hear songs that they don't even know exist yet.
Really?? Its called 15 years of curiousity. Cd is a myth that will sell tickets. If axl issued a statement tomorrow similar to the 2002 "Soon isnt the word", then all interest drops unless he tours venues the size of a sardine can. Its CD or bust.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 12:09:45 AM »

The boards were be more alive than ever. Fans would rejoice. Haters would scream. Reviews would slam.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »

They can't sustain themselves on the setlist they are doing forever. At some point they need to shit or get off the pot and start getting some of their alleged three albums worth of material out of the vaults and into people's ears. Otherwise things start to become a joke. I give them through the summer to stay with the set they are doing now. After that I'm going to stop taking them so seriously.
madagas
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »

Things start to become a joke? Are you kidding? I loved the Ny shows I went to but in the end, no album in sight. It is still a "greatest hits" tour-same as 2002 except the band and Axl seem a lot better now. We need an album. Undecided
anythinggoes
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 12:36:10 PM »

what if you put more thought into the title ?rant

until we see CD it will not be happening plus it would be too much in one go
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 12:43:39 PM »

i would be better than hearing the same setlist as before.... i would love it.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: