Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's new look at the concerts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's new look at the concerts  (Read 6470 times)
grover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: May 30, 2006, 08:43:29 AM »

Hey all,

As I have looked through all the videos and pics of the latest concerts, and all the Hammerstein shows, I keep thinking in my head about how absolutely BADASS Axl looks now!!!!! ok  Much much better than in 02 when he wore all the sports jerseys.  I have a couple jerseys myself, but just not the look that I would think to see from Axl.

That being said, I have looked around all over for a black leather/pleather shirt like what Axl has worn in the concerts so far, but to no avail.   I looked in the usual suspected places, such as Hot Topic, some leather stores, etc., but can't find anything even remotely similar.  Has anyone found a shirt like that somewhere, or know where I should look to get one?

By the way, when I told my wife I was looking for one, she first made fun of me for wanting to copy my rock star idol, but then confessed that if I had that shirt, and wore it when we went out, she would be all over me.  I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!! Grin

And, no, I am not going to run out and get my hair braided into cornrows.  Idol worship should only go so far. . .
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 08:55:24 AM »

I dig his new style. In fact, I dig the style of each member except Pittman and, therefore, the style of the band as a whole. Very cool, but yet rock'n'roll.
Even Ron looked cool in Rio.

And I mean c'mon: The Rio start-postion with the champagne-bottle and the shades? That's rockstardom in perfection!

Restraint is for suckers.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 08:56:17 AM »

How do you even know how Pittman looks like, they never show him Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 08:58:51 AM »

I like AXL's new style a lot  smoking

Annie
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 08:59:47 AM »

I have a feeling that those shirts are VERY expensive. But i agree that Axl looked totally hot! love
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 09:00:12 AM »

How do you even know how Pittman looks like, they never show him Wink

Oh god, how I wish you were right...

I mean - WTF?! hihi

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 09:02:20 AM »

He looks like the Ghost guy from "Ghost"

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
makane
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »

I don't think Axl is being himself. We saw alot pictures him wearing looser /different style clothes ~2 weeks before the shows. I think hes just dressing like that for the fans. I'd like him to be who he is.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
TheMole
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 09:06:29 AM »

He looks like the Ghost guy from "Ghost"

He kinda looks like Alice Cooper, from that angle... yikes Wink
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 09:06:54 AM »

I don't think Axl is being himself. We saw alot pictures him wearing looser /different style clothes ~2 weeks before the shows. I think hes just dressing like that for the fans. I'd like him to be who he is.

So you think, in the early nineties he spent his spare time with Steph at home wearing the leathercap, monstrous boots, a kilt and this baseball-breastplate over a net-shirt? Nice picture. ?hihi

A stage outfit is a perfectly normal thing, no big deal.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »

Do you know how Axl even is in private? I don't think so Roll Eyes

badapple81
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »

He just can't win, no matter what!
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 09:14:10 AM »

He just can't win, no matter what!

Amen to that.

LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 09:18:58 AM »

leave pittman alone! theres absolutely no need for the comments some of you people are coming out with
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 09:24:57 AM »

leave pittman alone! theres absolutely no need for the comments some of you people are coming out with

Whaddup? I simply said that I don't like his style. One person compared him to a movie character which has no negative side, and one with Alice Cooper, which is more an honour than an insult. So what?

He IS in a band, he IS working on stage, so he will have to accept that his outfit is discussed. If he don't like this, he should play from off the stage, like Ozzys pianist.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 09:30:02 AM »

I dig Axl's new outfits. Much better than 2001-2002 (Japanese shirts then the jerseys).

From NY to Libsboa, it was so great to see the tattoos back, bracelets, rings, shades, all this shit.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 09:41:56 AM »

I bet he'll be supporting a bandanna soon. Those shirts are custom made, the jeans are too, prolly about $500 each. I like the look, its gives him the rockin roll look with no limints yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 09:43:01 AM »

Hey all,

As I have looked through all the videos and pics of the latest concerts, and all the Hammerstein shows, I keep thinking in my head about how absolutely BADASS Axl looks now!!!!! ok  Much much better than in 02 when he wore all the sports jerseys.  I have a couple jerseys myself, but just not the look that I would think to see from Axl.

That being said, I have looked around all over for a black leather/pleather shirt like what Axl has worn in the concerts so far, but to no avail.   I looked in the usual suspected places, such as Hot Topic, some leather stores, etc., but can't find anything even remotely similar.  Has anyone found a shirt like that somewhere, or know where I should look to get one?

By the way, when I told my wife I was looking for one, she first made fun of me for wanting to copy my rock star idol, but then confessed that if I had that shirt, and wore it when we went out, she would be all over me.  I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!! Grin

And, no, I am not going to run out and get my hair braided into cornrows.  Idol worship should only go so far. . .

I think his newer look it pretty cool. I even like the braids more now that they aren't as long. Hopefully he keeps them that short, I think they look ALOT cooler then before.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 09:44:48 AM »

I can say without a doubt that the shirt is expensive as hell.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 09:46:06 AM »

I agree man, I love the new look, He looks bad ass..Love the Red cowboy boots to..Axls cool as hell, All i wanna see now is the white jacket he had in the PC video

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: