Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Am sorry Brain and Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am sorry Brain and Axl  (Read 8389 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 11:07:26 AM »

what was it Axl said? I don't remember.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 01:05:59 PM »

he said brain sucks.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 01:12:27 PM »

He just said a drum solo would piss everyone off, as if he would mention what some little dick like Jeorose said on an internet forum  rofl

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »

I think it's important to remember that Brain has switched his style up considerably to better fit GnR.  The stuff he did with Buckethead and other projects shows how skilled and talented the guy is...I would imagine the straightforward rock of GnR is a big change of pace for him, you know?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 04:52:20 PM »

I think it's important to remember that Brain has switched his style up considerably to better fit GnR.  The stuff he did with Buckethead and other projects shows how skilled and talented the guy is...I would imagine the straightforward rock of GnR is a big change of pace for him, you know?

yeah it's very different. but I remember seeing a video interview with him online a few years ago where he said he had been studying rock drummers such as Phil Rudd a lot lately.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »

I think it's important to remember that Brain has switched his style up considerably to better fit GnR.? The stuff he did with Buckethead and other projects shows how skilled and talented the guy is...I would imagine the straightforward rock of GnR is a big change of pace for him, you know?

yeah it's very different. but I remember seeing a video interview with him online a few years ago where he said he had been studying rock drummers such as Phil Rudd a lot lately.

True.  And I remember an inteview somewhere - I forget where, exactly - where Brain said that the GnR stuff was rather simplistic and straightforward, but that he very much so enjoyed playing Arena Rock w/ GnR.  Again, from what I've seen of him outside of GnR, he's an amazing technical player.  It makes me smile to read all the posts about how he "butchers" the intro to UCBM.

So about this thread, then.  Does the original poster believe that - before Brain's solo when Axl said solos in general piss people off who would rather hear full-band songs - Axl was responding to something he said on the board about Brain?  That seems a tad egocentric, not to mention just plain unlikely.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »

He's an earnest musician.

I think he said to the effect that they were doing something different which some people might like and some might hate but had to put up with.

If what Jeorose said had given them the idea, I'd say thank you to Jeorose. Cos I really enjoyed it. Not too long but it made a good introduction to you could be mine.
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 05:40:35 PM »

I think he said to the effect that they were doing something different which some people might like and some might hate but had to put up with.

If what Jeorose said had given them the idea, I'd say thank you to Jeorose. Cos I really enjoyed it. Not too long but it made a good introduction to you could be mine.
It was my mistake, am sorry. A least I got his attention, he knows I was the one that started all this, specially putting videos to compared Matt and Brain.

Kill Your Idols
lul
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 05:44:03 PM »

yeah

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »

It was my mistake, am sorry. A least I got his attention, he knows I was the one that started all this, specially putting videos to compared Matt and Brain.

rofl

Dont bank on it buddy. You make about as much sense as a peanut in panties.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 07:49:58 PM »

True.  And I remember an inteview somewhere - I forget where, exactly - where Brain said that the GnR stuff was rather simplistic and straightforward, but that he very much so enjoyed playing Arena Rock w/ GnR.  Again, from what I've seen of him outside of GnR, he's an amazing technical player.  It makes me smile to read all the posts about how he "butchers" the intro to UCBM.

So about this thread, then.  Does the original poster believe that - before Brain's solo when Axl said solos in general piss people off who would rather hear full-band songs - Axl was responding to something he said on the board about Brain?  That seems a tad egocentric, not to mention just plain unlikely.

But he totally kills UCBM
flimflamking
Opening Act

Here Today...Flippin Out Tomorrow.

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 08:32:35 PM »

Brain is a fucking Bad ass. There was an interview back a while ago with Axl about re-recording Appetite and he said that they, and I quote "Changed The Drums A Bit" Left out alot of the double bass stuff and made it sound less 80's and more modern. I know he was talking about the re-recording of Appetite but I can guarantee you that Brain could play any GNR shit upside down swinging from some monkey bars. Exactly how it was recorded. But he is playing it the way he is now because that is the way they want it to sound. Like YCBM. He hasn't fucked that up(in my opinion) I think it sounds great musically. In 02 Axl sounded pretty strange on some of those songs but I thought the band fucking nailed it. AND MADE IT THEIR OWN. My opinion.  beer
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 11:16:04 PM »

He still kills it for me.  The record version doesn't sound 80's at all.
flimflamking
Opening Act

Here Today...Flippin Out Tomorrow.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 11:46:44 PM »

You misunderstood what I was saying. I didn;t say that YCBM sounded 80's. I said that in an interview Axl mentioned that when re-recording Appetite they didn't use as much double bass. He thought that by using less double base he was somehow making the record have a more modern sound. So I assumed that was or is the reason for most of the drumming changes that we are hearing live. Brain isn't using as much double bass as Sorum or Adler, but I think he is improving on the groove more. Less hard hitting and more funky rythms.  On some of the 02 bootlegs that I have Rocket queen as well as some others he does this.  Anyway, I am just trying to clarify my post. We all are entitled to our opinions, that is what makes for a good discussion thread. Peace beer
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 06:06:15 AM »

You're telling me if Slash tuned into Rio saturday night during Better, Richard's solo, or even Jungle he wouldn't have been floored by what he saw?

he would have been floored alright, saying guns n roses is playing in rio and someone else is on guitar hihi

It just seems like whatever new guy comes in he is always praised higher then someone who left.. SImple as that..
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 06:12:24 AM »

It just seems like whatever new guy comes in he is always praised higher then someone who left.. SImple as that..
I think it's more the case that the guys who leave have had their 15 minutes and people would rather discuss the current line-up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 06:46:02 AM »

I think it's more the case that the guys who leave have had their 15 minutes and people would rather discuss the current line-up.

I think they had more then 15 minutes, well maybe bh had about 15.. Of course talking about the current lineup is normal, I just don't get why people need to praise the new but have to throw in cheap shots at the old.. You can love the new and not bash the old..
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 06:49:14 AM »

I think they had more then 15 minutes, well maybe bh had about 15.. Of course talking about the current lineup is normal, I just don't get why people need to praise the new but have to throw in cheap shots at the old.. You can love the new and not bash the old..

I agree (unless we are talking about Teddy Zig Zag) - especially since the old band is the reason we are all Gunners fans.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 09:39:12 AM »

now you know better.
Grin
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 04:12:16 PM »

I love it i't's a gnr forum yet count have to love brain. like you can't like adler the real gnr drummer.. I love kids

I like Steven Adler, and I'm no kid, but Brain is 10x the drummer in technical terms - he played with Les Claypool, and reproduced Herb Alexander's parts live, neither of which are easy tasks. Steven has a great rock vibe, and I love his playing on Appetite but he is not an accomplished player by any stretch. Secondly, yes people use different technology now than they did in 1987 - you can create electronic drum beats that occur in real time with a live drummer, or use a kit to trigger electronic sounds. That doesn't mean that it's not a real guy - does a Les Paul through a wall of Marshalls sound like an acoustic steel string?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: