Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  a question about Rock in Rio 3
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a question about Rock in Rio 3  (Read 3323 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 28, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

i remember watching Rock in rio 3 online  and being Excited about seeing Axl again after all those yrs  but  did that Rock in Rio performance have the     negative reaction   RiR5 has received from the  GNR  message boards ?? I don't really remember what people's reaction was for RiR3  show.     I just don't understand why people are hating  last night's performance so much and asking for Axl to call it quits .
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 11:05:43 PM »

Rio 3 got a lot of bad reviews (stupid ones that didn't curtain to the actual performance)....most of them were in regards to the Axl is fat arguement.? The one picture where he's scrunching his stomach and you can see a little flab and all of a sudden he's out of shape and such.? Also there was still the same old "new vs. old" debates.......it's the same thing over. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
estranged.1098
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:07:15 PM »

As GNR appears more in the press (thanks to the tour and the album release later this year) more and more "haters" will register here to make these same arguments all over again.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 11:10:15 PM »

As GNR appears more in the press (thanks to the tour and the album release later this year) more and more "haters" will register here to make these same arguments all over again.

i have a strong feelings that will happen too. such a shame. no
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 03:48:04 AM »

Maybe i'm crazy but I feel that RIR3 went down worse than RIR5 - cos the band was such a shock - like gothic fink - buckhead's bucket and mask and ninja weapons solo - axl's new look....

Where as to me RIR5 was great - only thing i'm cut about was that the audio was so poorly mixed....i mean like i'm greatful for anything after the years off - but at the same time it shits me that companies or whomever would bother to stream a show then ruin it in the mixing...
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 03:50:31 AM »

nobody complained after rir3 as much coz it was new... rir5 isnt new.. it was almost the same performance as rir3 was... i watched rir3 online also and i loved it... for some reason yesterday i felt bored with it all...
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 04:12:15 AM »

to say that rio 5 is getting an overall poor reaction is just wrong.

poop
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 04:46:42 AM »

nobody complained after rir3 as much coz it was new... rir5 isnt new.. it was almost the same performance as rir3 was... i watched rir3 online also and i loved it... for some reason yesterday i felt bored with it all...

Apparently you weren't around back in those days, because this board had tons of topics about how the new band was weird looking and Axl was fat and so on.   Infact I think Kurt Loder was on of the only few people to really give it a strong and fair review at first.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 04:56:53 AM »

Apparently you weren't around back in those days, because this board had tons of topics about how the new band was weird looking and Axl was fat and so on.? ?Infact I think Kurt Loder was on of the only few people to really give it a strong and fair review at first.

i was around way before those days...  trust...  i wasnt talking about the morons that post here or the rock critics.... and Axl was fat then... the band was wierd looking...
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 06:17:20 AM »

Apparently you weren't around back in those days, because this board had tons of topics about how the new band was weird looking and Axl was fat and so on.   Infact I think Kurt Loder was on of the only few people to really give it a strong and fair review at first.

i was around way before those days... trust... i wasnt talking about the morons that post here or the rock critics.... and Axl was fat then... the band was wierd looking...

You see there's a guy who's a realist, now you try everybody.
Rio3 sucked so much balls, i cringe when i hear paradise city from that show, in fact i cringe when i look at axl's botoxed face from that show.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 07:16:05 AM »

RiR3 had some damn good things about it. We heard new songs and the band was playing strong. It was a relief after the absence and rumours (not counting HOB 01.01.01 as the public return of the band because it was relatively low key). Plus Buckethead had a kickass solo.

I still watch clips of RiR3 and rock out to them.

But, the band looked like a circus troupe - everyone had a different image going on and Axl was too fat to be wearing anything that revealed his stomach (not like he was huge or anything, but still, he had been eating too many cheeseburgers).
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 07:54:51 AM »

i remember watching Rock in rio 3 online? and being Excited about seeing Axl again after all those yrs? but? did that Rock in Rio performance have the? ? ?negative reaction? ?RiR5 has received from the? GNR? message boards ?? I don't really remember what people's reaction was for RiR3? show.? ? ?I just don't understand why people are hating? last night's performance so much and asking for Axl to call it quits .

What negative reaction???  The main thing people are complaining about is the horrible sound quality of the broadcast.   

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 09:08:30 AM »

I remember when I watched RIR 3 on TV I was so anxious about how the show would be, I could feel my heart beating so fast when the band got on stage. I was so curious to see how Axl looked and sounded after so many years, how were the new guys, how were the new songs, and I thought the show was pretty amazing although the sound quality in RIR 3 was not great either IMO.
The high point in RIR 3 for me was that everything was "new" for all of us, I bet everyone was eager to listen to Axl had to say and show about the new album, about what he had been doing in the past years, etc. The band was pretty weird to me too, specially Robin and BH, but I was glad to see how they did everything to please the crowd (Axl talking with an interpreter, Robin playing the brazilian song, etc).
But in RIR 5 the band was sounding much tighter IMO, and so was Axl, maybe he was bit a more nervous back in 2001 since he had been away for so long and that was only the second show for GNR. The sound mixing was terrible in RIR 5 but still I think the band kicked ass, although the show was shorter than I had expected
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »

i remember watching Rock in rio 3 online? and being Excited about seeing Axl again after all those yrs? but? did that Rock in Rio performance have the? ? ?negative reaction? ?RiR5 has received from the? GNR? message boards ?? I don't really remember what people's reaction was for RiR3? show.? ? ?I just don't understand why people are hating? last night's performance so much and asking for Axl to call it quits .

ROCK IN RIO 5 WAS BETTER THAN 3, AND ROCKED!  AOL'S FEED, AND THREE TRACK MIX ARE THE ONLY BAD PARTS! 

Swingtrader, your subtle, insipid attempts at inferring this show was bad are on full display, and are pathetic.  You, and Bostonrose, the two guy's who work for VR's street team, are the only two implying that this show was bad.  Everyone else is loving it, besides the AOL issues.  Really, the way you are posting in every thread, trying to indirectly imply that the show was not good, is pitiful, and possesses no entertainment value for the board anymore.  Just curious, what personal joy do you find in acting like this?  You must be getting paid?  If not, you're a masochistic nut case!

ROCK IN RIO 5 WAS BETTER THAN 3, AND ROCKED!  AOL'S FEED, AND THREE TRACK MIX ARE THE ONLY BAD PARTS! 
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 10:22:23 AM »

I have a question, what did Axl say during the concert can't find the thread with what he said?

don't have time to read everything......

thanks
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 10:23:58 AM »

ROCK IN RIO 5 WAS BETTER THAN 3, AND ROCKED!? AOL'S FEED, AND THREE TRACK MIX ARE THE ONLY BAD PARTS!?

Swingtrader, your subtle, insipid attempts at inferring this show was bad are on full display, and are pathetic.? You, and Bostonrose, the two guy's who work for VR's street team, are the only two implying that this show was bad.? Everyone else is loving it, besides the AOL issues.? Really, the way you are posting in every thread, trying to indirectly imply that the show was not good, is pitiful, and possesses no entertainment value for the board anymore.? Just curious, what personal joy do you find in acting like this?? You must be getting paid?? If not, you're a masochistic nut case!

ROCK IN RIO 5 WAS BETTER THAN 3, AND ROCKED!? AOL'S FEED, AND THREE TRACK MIX ARE THE ONLY BAD PARTS!?

don't waste your time with these two pathetic human beings, just ignore their attention seeking posts and eventually they will go away.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: