Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Question for Nu Guns Noobies
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for Nu Guns Noobies  (Read 19627 times)
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2006, 09:29:07 AM »

I'm 22 yrs old. I remember listening to Gn'R sonce I was 5. My first concert ever was Gn'R when I was 9 yrs old.
you saw gnr wearing diapers?? lol.... how can you remember things from when you were 5? lol... stupid...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2006, 09:35:36 AM »

people need to let it go
they're 2 different bands

axl is playing the old tunes just cause he knows we like 'em. voil?. good for us.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

As I just posted in another thread...

People need to let go of the hostility between both bands because it's make believe.

I doubt any of the original guys give two fucks whose playing for them alongside Axl nowadays...they've all moved on and are doing what makes them happy...

Trust me...if Slash had his heart set on playing guitar for Gn'R, he would be.. yes

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2006, 09:40:02 AM »

I'm 22 yrs old. I remember listening to Gn'R sonce I was 5. My first concert ever was Gn'R when I was 9 yrs old.
you saw gnr wearing diapers?? lol.... how can you remember things from when you were 5? lol... stupid...

You wore diapers when you were 9?  I was into GNR when I was 12.  I'm still not sure why being young precludes anyone from being a fan of any music.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 09:42:20 AM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »

You wore diapers when you were 9?? I was into GNR when I was 9 years old myself.? I'm still not sure why being young precludes anyone from being a fan of any music.

lol.. coz you were 9... lets see im sure you can relate to dancing with mr brownstone or rocket queen and your crazy when your 9 years old... i think should have stayed out of your big sisters room... play with your barbie and stop trying to say your GnR experience started when your older sister, brother, babysitter, whatever was listening to them.... it ok if you were to young to live through it all but stop trying to say that coz the band was out when you were 5 years old and your mom had a copy you have been into them since then.. fucking teeny bops...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »

You wore diapers when you were 9?  I was into GNR when I was 9 years old myself.  I'm still not sure why being young precludes anyone from being a fan of any music.

lol.. coz you were 9... lets see im sure you can relate to dancing with mr brownstone or rocket queen and your crazy when your 9 years old... i think should have stayed out of your big sisters room... play with your barbie and stop trying to say your GnR experience started when your older sister, brother, babysitter, whatever was listening to them.... it ok if you were to young to live through it all but stop trying to say that coz the band was out when you were 5 years old and your mom had a copy you have been into them since then.. fucking teeny bops...

I came from a different backround then that.  Living in a crack house environment will do that to you.  I was never a teeny bopper, and not all younger people were at that age.  It is not exactly right to assume how someone else grew up.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 09:48:49 AM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »

You wore diapers when you were 9?? I was into GNR when I was 9 years old myself.? I'm still not sure why being young precludes anyone from being a fan of any music.

I came from a different backround then that.? Living in a crack house environment will do that to you.?

bummer.....
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2006, 10:04:28 AM »

crack house ?

a house made of crack ?

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2006, 10:31:33 AM »

Well i'm no noob to GNR...i was a huge fan of the old band since the beginning....

and to be honest i'm such a fan of Slash that when i first saw the 2001 band i was very skeptical - but then i heard madagascar - and i realised the new band has a lot to offer us. Since then the other new leaks of rocked me. Now i love old gnr and new Gnr !!!
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2006, 11:20:55 AM »

Q: What do you like about Nu-Guns

Answer : Its good music.

deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2006, 12:50:25 PM »

first i visit this forum i only care bout Axl,seriously.i highly dissapointed with the new band.im 25 now.im a singer,the last 10 years im tryn to sing like Axl(never works).but after hear the bootleg,leaks,all.I think this new band can be as big as the old.(though i never like finch) no,(but i love bumble) yes.seeing people here(in my country)doesnt really care anymore bout Guns,Rock N Roll.makes me sick.I think this new Guns will turn back the world of music upside down.and bring back the rock era.They are our last hope.Guns N Roses is everything to me.Sorry bout my english.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2006, 12:58:42 PM »

i don't think anyone on this board has the right to start making assumptions about another person's life when you don't even know them. who are you to make those comments? why assume that because this member is female that they played with barbie's? why can't someone get into GnR by listening to their "older sister, brother, babysitter, whatever" playing a record? i think you're the one who should go back to your room and play with your fuckin barbie dolls!
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2006, 01:07:58 PM »

I'm 14 and plainly obsessed with GN'R.
I got into the old style rocl at 11 or 12 when my dad picked up some 40 dollar 2 disc CD of the Scorpions and I'm like (keep in mind im into linkin park and eminem or whatever here) why pay 40 bucks for something nobody has ever heard of. well long story short it blew me away so i got into like metallica and what not and then before turning 13 I just was downloading a bunch of stuff on my ipod and i had bits of everything Led Zep, Queen (which I have been a fan of for a bit), Metallica so i decided to get some GN'R because i've heard jungle, SCOM, and PC a uynch and i liked it. I got them plus LALD, my michelle and some stuff like that and I was in awe. I remember lying in my bed and thinking this has to be the greatest fucking music I've ever heard. So i downloaded (dont hate me Wink) all the albums and i had plenty of time to listen to them when i walk back from school and i just got so into it because:

A. Axl has the 2nd greatest voice in the world (freddie of course is number 1)
B. Slash's guitar playing was so soulful and so different than metallica and the scorps, it was better
C. The lyrical content was awesome as far as Coma, Breakdown, SCOM, Dead Horse, Paradise City, One in A Million you know the story
D. Duff had the best bass tone i have ever heard
E. It personally appealed to me, it wasn't cool or popular (still isnt im about the only kid in school into this stuff)
F. Just about the same reasons Guns is appealing to all their fans

So i got online, read the books, saw the videos and now im far from a noob
I dont care how old axl is, i mean people still see the stones and there are only 3 things in the world that have survived forever bugs, cockroaches, and Keith Richards (which is the same example my science teacher used ?Shocked ) I don't like Finck, he is NOT a lead caliber guitar player. Ron is good for hire and Fortus is better than i thought. Stinson is nothing special and Brain is good i guess but not Steven nor Matt were spectacular either. If Axl is singing up to par and writing good new music and the band is playing what they SHOULD be playing, where is the problem

sorry for boring the fuck outta you!

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2006, 01:28:03 PM »

A. I'm not a teenager.? I've seen Guns 7 times now.. (4 w/ old lineup, 3 in NYC)

B. Musically, these guys are just a better bunch - sorry, when you're not so fucked out of your mind that you're tripping over your amp cords, things tend to come off better for you.

C. Axl's voice is, in my opinion, just about as strong as its ever been.

D. As a person who likes NIN, Genitorturers, Rob Zombie, and other vaguely industrial sounding bands - I like what Axl's done with this new 'evolution' of Guns and the Guns sound.

E. WHEN Democracy comes out (I truly feel its no longer an issue of IF) - I'm pretty sure that the legacy of 'the old guys' is going to become a rapidly fading memory.? The reviews will have their 'wheres Slash' crap and all that - but MUSCIALLY (which is what counts, in my opinion) - I think that this version of GNR is going to run circles around the old band.? Both in complexity of arrangements and in the general 'vibe' of the music.

Let's face it - that sweaty, sleazy, Sunset Strip rock thing just doesn't 'work' anymore - music has evolved - and I think these guys are about to show you that.

-darknemus

I live here in LA and the guys in the band like Richard Fortus, Dizzy are still very much apart of the strip scene, ever heard of Hookers and Blow? The music has evovlved most certainly, but the edge is gone as with the old band.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 01:30:49 PM by Parabola » Logged
Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »

Ok, so i'm curious. Having read alot of threads here it occurs to me that most here are too young to have experienced Guns'n' Roses in their prime. So, what is it about Nu Guns that you find so appealing? I mean lets face it - this is now a 44 year old man (Axl) and a bunch of hired hands playing the majority of songs made famous by its legendary original members some 20 years ago. The best my friends (judging from the latest live reviews) appears to be long gone, so WHY do you younger fans in particular latch on to Guns n Roses now? Is there nothing else fresher or more 'dangerous', 'exciting' or totally 'rad' to be passionate about...

DISCUSS..........? ok

Right on Saul!!!
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2006, 01:33:55 PM »

It really troubles me when people feel that they have to pick between the old and new band. MOST of us are here because of the old band, they were/are our favourite band. But now we have a new band who kick ass, with a fresh opportunity to reclaim GNR's spot at the top of the rock world and we want to enjoy it, what the fuck is wrong with that? I question why you are even on this board if you want to bring the new guys down. That negativity is not in keeping with the positivity most of us have at the moment!!

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2006, 01:39:09 PM »

Why the fuck do people spell new like 'Nu'?  Did I miss something?  It's the NEW Guns N' Roses or the NEW Gun's N' Roses fan.  Not fucking NU. 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »

Is there nothing else fresher or more 'dangerous', 'exciting' or totally 'rad' to be passionate about...

No, sadly not. GNR is still a better live experience than anything else around at the moment, even though Axl is a bit hit and miss ?ok

I mean, Coldplay? Arctic Monkeys? Get the fuck out.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2006, 01:43:08 PM »

Yeah, im only 15, so i'm mighty young.

I like GNR because the music is STILL good.  and thats enough talking.  ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »

Personally, I am not judging these guys by how they play Patience or Paradise City. As musicians, I will judge them for what they create themselves; tthus far, I have been blown away by the quality and depth of sound for which they have written. Unbelievable rich and strikingly melodic. In the end they are called Guns n Roses, but from my perspective that doesn't mean that they will play all of AFD and do their best to emulate the old band; instead, as long as that same hard edge, standing on the ledge spontaneity exists, they are filling the shoes of the old band well. As for the old songs, it is nice to hear Axl's voice on top of this music again; it would nice to have Slash and the guys back but it ain't happening. Ask me if I would give up a chance to hear the wall of sound and orchestration that Chinese Democracy promises to be in order to have a reunion and I would probably decline. As a guns fan, I am very excited for the future because the evolution of this sound fascinates me; I am beginning to understand the direction that Axl is going; no one else in music today is attempting this kind of expressive, expansive sound. To argue about the quality of Nightrain and PC is futile in my opinion; they are played competantly but not as well as those who wrote it. Is this really a surprise? Carrying on the Guns name and more appropriately attitude and quality is more importantly than being a precision cover band. Bucket was a huge loss but the band is still very tight and moving in the right direction.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:03:47 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: