Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:38:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pittman and Reed
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pittman and Reed  (Read 2113 times)
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 28, 2006, 09:57:51 AM »

Obviously Chris Pittman and Dizzy Reed have gotten sick of being bored at GnR gigs so they've been given a few more parts. Unfortunately! Keyboards do not work on Sweet Child but as far as I can remember they were there last night in all of their non-glory. I think they were on a copule of other Appetite songs as well. Unfortunately keyboards do not work on AFD songs

The most annoying thing was on the new songs. If he wanted to give Reed and Pittman something to do he could have played Madagascar and TWAT. But the keyboards destroyed Better. That was the most amazing performance of the night until midway through they started playing keyboards way too hgh in the mix. As for IRS, that's supposed to be a heavy rocker, but it sounded more haunting last night and seemed to be copying Friends by Led Zeppelin. That kinda arrangement worked on Friends but not IRS.

estranged.1098
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 10:01:29 AM »

They did what they always do... the problem was the mix.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 10:02:30 AM »

Obviously Chris Pittman and Dizzy Reed have gotten sick of being bored at GnR gigs so they've been given a few more parts. Unfortunately! Keyboards do not work on Sweet Child but as far as I can remember they were there last night in all of their non-glory. I think they were on a copule of other Appetite songs as well. Unfortunately keyboards do not work on AFD songs

The most annoying thing was on the new songs. If he wanted to give Reed and Pittman something to do he could have played Madagascar and TWAT. But the keyboards destroyed Better. That was the most amazing performance of the night until midway through they started playing keyboards way too hgh in the mix. As for IRS, that's supposed to be a heavy rocker, but it sounded more haunting last night and seemed to be copying Friends by Led Zeppelin. That kinda arrangement worked on Friends but not IRS.

the keyboard/synth party were there in 2002 as well. even on songs like it`s so easy. the mix just sucked yesterday. that?s the reason why those parts were way too loud and destroyed some songs...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:40 AM »

Paradise City is on AFD and it has keys on it.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »

Unfortunately! Keyboards do not work on Sweet Child but as far as I can remember they were there last night in all of their non-glory.

Seriously, what was that all about? The keyboards on SCOM sucked!
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »

Unfortunately! Keyboards do not work on Sweet Child but as far as I can remember they were there last night in all of their non-glory.

if you didn't like the show  leave,   cause everyone else thought it was great  rofl

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 10:25:02 AM »

yeah they fuckin' ruined SCOM.. i don't even understand why the fuck pitman is in the band
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 10:30:28 AM »

if you didn't like the show? leave,? ?cause everyone else thought it was great? rofl

"Duuuuuuude, why are you being suck a diiiick?"

You have some serious comprehension problem.
Please, do quote (or copy and paste) the part where I said I didn't like the show.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 10:51:51 AM »

i don't even understand why the fuck pitman is in the band

To My understandings Pitman puts synth effects and such. he did great job on the oldies. And that swallowing a bowlful of spaghetti kind of noise on better.

I really liked Dizzy's solo before the blues and that jazzy piece with axl before I feel good.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 05:42:18 AM »

two keyboards and axl plays the main piano song they have... makes no sense
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 05:47:26 AM »

Theyve always played that much its just they were never as apparent in the mix as last night.

Dizzy plays a mean set of bongos.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 05:53:51 AM »

yeah they fuckin' ruined SCOM.. i don't even understand why the fuck pitman is in the band

bullshit, as told a million times before, the problem was in the mix, not in the guys

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 06:15:08 AM »

yeah, Appetite has held up pretty well in the last 19 years just fine without synth and bongo drums

im sure they fit in great with the new material, but if they're to continue with "AFD rehash" (to quote my friend Mr Lofton  Wink), lets leave this shit out

it only serves to add to the Kareoke flavour

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 06:18:27 AM »

yeah the keyboards make it sound like a karaoke or ringtone..
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 06:48:41 AM »

too right - especially on the 'rehash'

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 10:28:39 AM »

Adding keyboards and such to the Classic Gn'R tunes that didn't already include them is fucking lame... It made the Appetite songs weaker in 2002 and I am sure it is even worse now....

WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »

Theyve always played that much its just they were never as apparent in the mix as last night.

Dizzy plays a mean set of bongos.

Yeah, Mr. Brownstone was ruined too.  Over-production to the max.  Can't wait for Chinese Democracy...   Undecided

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 10:42:38 AM »

Axl just likes to try new stuff.

This ain't a critisicm, on the contrary - I praise him for it, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The AFD songs should NOT be changed.
anythinggoes
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 10:49:23 AM »

i found the only problem with what pitman did was that it was too loud from what i can make out Dizzy does keyboard (and bongos) pitman does all the technical whizzy and orchestral background effects whick when mixed right sound good too loud and yes its too much like on the end of IRS now if we wanted to hear GNR as it was dig out the old boots listen to them, what is played is GNR now with the new people Pitman included and the songs have a litle bit of extra effects fucking wow so what they still sond great but have that little extra something we never used to hear and im glad of it, it refreshens the songs
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 01:19:16 PM »

bullshit, as told a million times before, the problem was in the mix, not in the guys

I'm confused.  What are you trying to say, exactly?   beer

Mix aside, I understand Pittman's role in the band, but it still seems that he has an awful lot of downtime during the shows, and swaying back and forth with that keyboard looks a bit silly.  Just my opinion, of course, and I definitely like what he brings to the new material...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: