Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 07:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!  (Read 30306 times)
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2006, 03:43:01 PM »

Last time I checked there wasnt any law that forbid anyone to think that Finck is better than Slash. It's sort of a personal thing...a matter of taste.

Anyone who has a personal taste that causes them to prefer Finck to Slash is a fucking retard.

Anyone can just spew bullshit like you just did, but we try not to. One of the unwritten rules of the board. yes
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2006, 03:43:44 PM »

Anyone who has a personal taste that causes them to prefer Finck to Slash is a fucking retard.

Stop being a prick. Some people may actually NOT like the same things as you.

It's not an argument of whether you like the same thing as me or not. It's an argument of whether you like good guitar playing or not.
Death Cube K
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2006, 03:45:03 PM »

It's not an argument of whether you like the same thing as me or not. It's an argument of whether you like good guitar playing or not.

You're full of it aren't you? Ever heard of different taste in music?
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »

Guys,

I think Charity Case does make some valid points. ?I was at the 5/17 New York show and it blew me away. ?Very few mistakes were made and the performance felt very tight. ?Last night we heard 7 different solos (guitar and drums). ?We also heard Axl mess up at the intro of Patience and Paradise City. ?Furthermore, his vocals in November Rain were very much like 2002 (with the exception of the end of the song) and nothing like how he use to sound.

It's difficult to gage a concert when watching it in person versus over a shitty internet feed. ?With the internet, you don't get caught up in all the excitment from the live setting, yet you're able to scrutinize a band's performance a little better. ?I'm sure there were plenty of mistakes that I might have missed during the 5/17 show in NY. ?That said, I do remember the first time I saw the new GNR in Detroit and even though I was really excited about seeing GNR again, I have to acknowledge that the performance was less than par, especially compared to the four other shows I saw later on (Toronto, London/Ont, Boston and NY/MSG). ?

If you were there and had amazing time, awesome. ?But don't personally attack someone's opinions because they don't fit what you saw last night. ?Yes, we weren't there, but we did see the band put forward a lackluster performance (again, 7 guitar/drum solos, that's way too much). ?In place of all that soloing the band could have played Madagascar, TWAT, or anything else. ?As much as I think Fink, Fortus and Bumblefoot are amazing musicians, watching them solo isn't something I'd rank on high priority (although, watching Bumblefoot solo Don't Cry was pretty cool). ?

Anyway, those are my thoughts,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2006, 03:46:54 PM »

Axl was brilliant last night, showing no signs of being particularly out of breath.

You did not watch the same show we all saw. ?He was out of breath on almost every song. ?To be totally honest here, Velvet Revolver's rendition of ISE is far better than the nuGNR rendition. ?Because Scott doesn't run out of breath. ?It kills me to say that, but to be honest...it's true.

If you didn't enjoy the show last night, why, oh why, are you still following the band?

So if I don't like one particular show I should stop following my favorite band? ? ok

Axl sounded great on ISE even with the shitty feed. You really need to stop making stuff up

That's a scandalous comment to make. His singing itself was woeful on It's So Easy. Anyone who thinks that sounded great is a seriously dodgy sycophant.

yay... so that?s what I am then... And I was there.... And he sang it almost perfectly...The broadcast was terrible so if u didn?t go to RiR and u saw it on ur computer or TV you just can?t even say nothing about... whatever Lips Sealed

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2006, 03:47:04 PM »

You're full of it aren't you? Ever heard of different taste in music?

People can like Finck, but for one to think that he is better than Slash is just flat out wrong. There's no two ways about it.

I could say that the guy from Good Charlotte, according to my taste, is a better lead singer than Axl. Sure, it's MY OPINION, but that opinion is still fucking stupid.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2006, 03:49:55 PM »

Dead horse, dead horse...you all are beating a dead horse. 

Slash is no longer with GN'R.  This is what we have.  Enjoy it.
Death Cube K
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2006, 03:50:50 PM »

People can like Finck, but for one to think that he is better than Slash is just flat out wrong. There's no two ways about it.

Finck will propably never write a bluesy solo like Slash.

Slash will propably never be able to write a song like Better.

This isnt black and white.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2006, 03:51:04 PM »

Anyone who thinks Finck is better than Slash probably thinks Fall Out Boy's Guitarist is better than Jimmy Page.

I know some of u are Axl loyalist to the end of time but seriously there is not one shred of evidence to make the claim of Robin being better than Slash or even anywhere in his league.

Robin's greatest contribution to date is Better.

Now think about it.

Is Better's opening riff better than SCOM? WTTJ,Locomotive?

Its nowhere close guys, nowhere fuckin close.

Is his Better solo,Blues solo anywhere in the ballpark of Slash's Estranged,NR,Coma,Civil War SCOM,KOHD,Dont Damn Me,Dont Cry solo's.

Not even close.

U can love Axl all u want but its really not necessary to try and rip on Slash to try and prove what a die hard Axl fan u are.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2006, 03:53:22 PM »

Enough!  Get on topic.  This is supposed to be about RIR getting great reviews. 
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »

lol of course Robin is not better than Slash... Slash is the man, Robin is pretty good though but we can?t compare him to Slash... no way soz I had to say this...  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2006, 04:10:20 PM »

It deserves great reviews cos it was a brilliant show.  All the doubters really need to understand that a live show is NEVER going to be 100% perfect, so why expect it?

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2006, 04:12:41 PM »

They should just change the name of this forum to Axl vs. Slash and every post would be Axl vs. Slash in some way or the other (not like it isn't already), but it'd be easier. ?

Anyhoo to go further.......yes the one downfall I agree about last night was too many solos. ?Sure you have a great band and like my friend said...it's really great to showcase them....but when you're in a festival scenario with a shorter set, you gotta play straight through. ?
As far as playing goes....people that are basing it on this internet feed.....C'MON....you're the same people that were reviewing the concert such as the 12th from that bootleg from NY (Jazjme not dissing your recording and thanks for it) but you could barely fucking hear ANYTHING and you've got people saying OH MAN what a crappy night they had or wow Robin was really nailing those solos. ? For you people to be able to judge something from almost what is an inaudible source (much like the guitar mixes last night) ?takes a lot of gaul. ?
This is where I believe technology hurts the new band. ?I mean sure it's only about 300 people on here and maybe a 1000 on other forums together.....but this is supposed to be the hardcore fans. ? You got some guy recording shit on his cell phone or mp3 player in a mono source that sounds like it's streamed through two cans with a string tied between them and all of a sudden you have all these internet Roger Eberts going OH MAN THAT WAS SO SHITTY.
As I said before......Come on.......the new motto of heretodaygonetohell.com....Come On.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »

where are the reviews from the press??? i've been googling for them but i can't find any Undecided ?journalists must be enjoying sunday evening ?hihi maybe tomorrow will have some..

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2006, 04:15:07 PM »

where are the reviews from the press??? i've been googling for them but i can't find any Undecided ?journalists must be enjoying sunday evening ?hihi maybe tomorrow will have some..

Most of them are from the local area news sources.  AOL had a good one too...as far as US reviews yet, they'll come in the next few days, give them time. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2006, 05:30:31 PM »

I just decided to listen to some of the songs from Lisbon since I have been reading these negative reviews... I listened to SCOM and KOHD.... and yes, KOHD sounds like shit.  SCOM is pretty shitty as well.  Building on what people are saying I think what I am most dissapointed with is how the band has not really gone anywhere since they came back in Vegas.  Essentially the same set list, predictable stage show, they even wear the same clothes each show.  I went to the NY shows on the 14th, 15th, and 17th and I had a great time at all of them.  Even though pretty much the same songs were played they switched the set list up for each of them.

The show on the 17th was special because Izzy came out and Kid Rock came out.  It was totally unexpected and it threw everyone off.  In my mind that is what GNR has to be.  Whether its a random guest who comes out and plays or a strange song thrown in at every show, they NEED to do something like that to be fresh.  Even playing just one different UYI or Lies track at each show would be great.  Why does the Detroit show from 2002 stick out in everyone's mind??  Because they threw Rhiad into the setlist and it was the only time the band played that song on the entire U.S. tour.  The Sebastian Bach thing was cool at the NY shows, but he should not have been there every night.
Death Cube K
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2006, 05:31:46 PM »

they even wear the same clothes each show.

Yes, this is indeed a big problem.  ok
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2006, 05:33:54 PM »

I just decided to listen to some of the songs from Lisbon since I have been reading these negative reviews... I listened to SCOM and KOHD.... and yes, KOHD sounds like shit.? SCOM is pretty shitty as well.? Building on what people are saying I think what I am most dissapointed with is how the band has not really gone anywhere since they came back in Vegas.? Essentially the same set list, predictable stage show, they even wear the same clothes each show.? I went to the NY shows on the 14th, 15th, and 17th and I had a great time at all of them.? Even though pretty much the same songs were played they switched the set list up for each of them.

The show on the 17th was special because Izzy came out and Kid Rock came out.? It was totally unexpected and it threw everyone off.? In my mind that is what GNR has to be.? Whether its a random guest who comes out and plays or a strange song thrown in at every show, they NEED to do something like that to be fresh.? Even playing just one different UYI or Lies track at each show would be great.? Why does the Detroit show from 2002 stick out in everyone's mind??   Because they threw Rhiad into the setlist and it was the only time the band played that song on the entire U.S. tour.? The Sebastian Bach thing was cool at the NY shows, but he should not have been there every night.

Because Axl walked out after Patience.....that's why that show sticks out in everyone's mind.

FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2006, 05:36:41 PM »

Dead horse, dead horse...you all are beating a dead horse.?

Slash is no longer with GN'R.? This is what we have.? Enjoy it.

AMEN to that!!  peace

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2006, 05:42:18 PM »

they even wear the same clothes each show.

Yes, this is indeed a big problem.  ok

My point is that everything is predictable.  I think its cheesy that the band members have 'costumes' when they go onstage together.  I know its awesome being able to write down the setlist and what clothes the band will be wearing on a piece of paper and take it to a show with you and the majority of those 'guesses' will be correct.   ok
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: