Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!  (Read 30274 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »

Yeah and people at the show wanted to hear Don't Cry and other classic, but they didnt get that did they.

Yes Im sure they all started to cry when they launched into a song other than Don't Cry.

Ohh...the despare...
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2006, 02:46:19 PM »

Axl was brilliant last night, showing no signs of being particularly out of breath.

You did not watch the same show we all saw. ?He was out of breath on almost every song. ?To be totally honest here, Velvet Revolver's rendition of ISE is far better than the nuGNR rendition. ?Because Scott doesn't run out of breath. ?It kills me to say that, but to be honest...it's true.

If you didn't enjoy the show last night, why, oh why, are you still following the band?

So if I don't like one particular show I should stop following my favorite band? ? ok
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2006, 02:47:31 PM »

Axl was brilliant last night, showing no signs of being particularly out of breath.

You did not watch the same show we all saw. ?He was out of breath on almost every song. ?To be totally honest here, Velvet Revolver's rendition of ISE is far better than the nuGNR rendition. ?Because Scott doesn't run out of breath. ?It kills me to say that, but to be honest...it's true.

If you didn't enjoy the show last night, why, oh why, are you still following the band?

So if I don't like one particular show I should stop following my favorite band? ? ok

Axl sounded great on ISE even with the shitty feed. You really need to stop making stuff up

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Origen
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2006, 02:49:40 PM »

Yeah and people at the show wanted to hear Don't Cry and other classic, but they didnt get that did they.

Yes Im sure they all started to cry when they launched into a song other than Don't Cry.

Ohh...the despare...

Try not to be a smart arse, the point was proved, no need for sarcastic replies.
Death Cube K
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2006, 02:52:48 PM »

Try not to be a smart arse, the point was proved, no need for sarcastic replies.

Funny how singing along to a song suddenly means "we want this song and we will be disappointed if we don't get it"
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2006, 02:54:39 PM »

Axl sounded great on ISE even with the shitty feed. You really need to stop making stuff up

That's a scandalous comment to make. His singing itself was woeful on It's So Easy. Anyone who thinks that sounded great is a seriously dodgy sycophant.
Origen
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2006, 02:57:29 PM »

Funny how singing along to a song suddenly means "we want this song and we will be disappointed if we don't get it"

Can you speak for 50,000 (or was it even more) people, no you can't and neither can I.

But the fact that a large percentage of the crowd sang along the way they did during Bumblefoots solo implies they would of like to hear it.

And like other people have said in parts of Europe the Illusion albums are bigger then Appetite, why wouldn't they want to hear more Illusion songs.
Death Cube K
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2006, 02:59:54 PM »

But the fact that a large percentage of the crowd sang along the way they did during Bumblefoots solo implies they would of like to hear it.

And like other people have said in parts of Europe the Illusion albums are bigger then Appetite, why wouldn't they want to hear more Illusion songs.

Dude, they would have been singing along to ANY Guns N Roses song Bumblefoot presented!! It doesnt mean anything!

And I seriously don't consider your statement about how Europe likes the Illusion stuff more than Appetite as much more as your own opinion. You have no way of knowing what is right.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »

Someone translate the reviews please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2006, 03:13:57 PM »

well thanks to aol i had to miss a the first songs of the evening...i was really excited too see guns on stage, but to stay this is their best show. I'm going to judge when the pro shot bootlegs surface to make my judgement. The sound was too bad to applaud or too shoot them
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2006, 03:14:47 PM »

Dave, no offense, but your opinion of GNR is not relevent really. ?You have been one of the biggest Axl nut swingers here for years and have never found anything Axl does to be wrong. ?You probably think Finck is better than Slash or Fortus is better than Izzy. ?

By you even saying something this ridiculous, it proves that point actually. ?You're a nice guy, but your opinion is so biased it lacks relevance. ?Axl sounded horrible (I mean fucking horrible) on ISE last night. ?Listen to a boot of VR doing it live...it's 1000% better. ?And I'm not turning this into a VR versus GNR thing because I like GNR alot better than VR...I'm just offering this up as a comparison.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2006, 03:19:26 PM »

All of you are being idiots.  Wait until the pro-video, audio get's out.  Then you can judge.  No one can really say anything about the performance until we see that.  I can say the Dizzy Piano/Axl jam was awesome, as was I Feel Good.  Axl's voice sound's really right on in those sequences, as well as YCBM and Nightrain. 
Death Cube K
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »

You probably think Finck is better than Slash or Fortus is better than Izzy. ?

Last time I checked there wasnt any law that forbid anyone to think that Finck is better than Slash. It's sort of a personal thing...a matter of taste.

I usually never bother to compare Slash and Finck. They both rock in their own ways...

It's like comparing two different types of pizza...doesnt really work.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »

Dude, they would have been singing along to ANY Guns N Roses song Bumblefoot presented!! It doesnt mean anything!

And I seriously don't consider your statement about how Europe likes the Illusion stuff more than Appetite as much more as your own opinion. You have no way of knowing what is right.

no     the illusions made gnr big in europe. that`s a fact actually.

it`s so easy was great by the way....

i seriously think some people are just here to spread negativity.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Death Cube K
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2006, 03:26:29 PM »

no     the illusions made gnr big in europe. that`s a fact actually.

Just because it sold well doesnt mean it's holding up as good as AFD for example. It's been a few years since it was released you know.

No one really knows...if you wanna know this shit you need to contact some statistics firm and run some serious tests or something...we have no idea...theres lots of factors involved...which Im not gonna start mentioning right now.
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2006, 03:32:23 PM »

Despite the technical problems I thought the whole concert was great - looks to me as the band has grown closer since the last tour and Axl sounds great. Seriously, what is the whining about him being out of breath - do you expect the singing to be exactly as on the records when you go watch a show? No rock singer performs flawless all through the set...and from what I heard I won't be disappointed when I'm going to see GnR in Stockholm...

ok

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »

This is one or two reviews man.? Hardly enough to say it's getting great reviews.

I'm not sure how close you were to the stage, but we here in the states were up close and personal.? The sound quality sucked, but that aside, it was a horrible show in terms of Axl's singing.? He was out of breath on almost every song, he missed words on every song, he started Patience early.? We didn't neeed to be there to see this....it was no where near as good a performance as the 5 shows I have seen live.?

And unfortunately, last night proved that this band misses Slash in a huge way and that no one will be able to fill his shoes.? Those 3 guitarists they have pale in comparison to Slash (at least in a live setting).? Slash was a monster up there who commanded the stage....these guys were utterly forgetable.? Too many mediocre solos (guitar and drum).? Not a very good show really guys.

Agree totally.

In this band, Axl is the only star, I found myself wishing that I had a Fast Forward button watching most of this.

Im bored with Appetite Live  and The new guitarist make me long for Slash.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2006, 03:38:07 PM »

Last time I checked there wasnt any law that forbid anyone to think that Finck is better than Slash. It's sort of a personal thing...a matter of taste.

Anyone who has a personal taste that causes them to prefer Finck to Slash is a fucking retard.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »

Anyone who has a personal taste that causes them to prefer Finck to Slash is a fucking retard.

they`re both great players imo.

slash made great music, robin still makes great music....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Death Cube K
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2006, 03:42:26 PM »

Stop being a prick. Some people may actually NOT like the same things as you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: