Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:40:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!  (Read 30246 times)
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2006, 09:45:07 AM »

So anyway....about the reviews...... has MTV or any other big news source posted a review yet?
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2006, 09:45:25 AM »

Every song Axl did last night was the best ever...

it was that way after the May 15th show, the 17th show ?etc...

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Origen
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2006, 09:45:35 AM »

It was a great show and deserves good reviews, theres only one thing I can fault with it:

The same stail setlist, you've got how many 70,000 people singing Don't Cry just from a brief section of a guitar solo and yet Axl still won't include that or any other "new" Illusions into the set.

It puts me off going to see the more then once this year, if they mixed it up every now and then it would be more insentive to see them more then once if you can, instead of just having the same setlist everyimte you see them.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 09:46:03 AM »

I am not negative, I am realistic....

The show was old, and dated....
Axl went through the motions.

Unless you've actually seen GNR live
( Ihave Foxboro with Metallica, Boston Garden in 92, Boston '02, NY 17th of 06)

then don't tell me what energy is....
Axl had no energy
HE EVEN SAYS THE SAME SHIT at the same parts of every show
"Hey you downloading motherfuckers,"
Remember when GNR meant Unpredictable, On-Point

Now we get the
"HELLO CLEVELAND, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?" bullshit, it's turning into a Kiss concert
Same set list, same crap to intro every song....

Axl is a step away from a weekly show in Vegas

This is 2006, not 1992. Back then GNR ruled the music world. They were unpredictable because they could be. No matter what they did, people still loved them, they were the badboys of rock. Back then Axl went off on harsh rants, cancelled shows, jumped in the crowds after people, just raised all kinds of hell. That was cool back in the day, but he cant do that now. He was late for the Madrid gig (like always) and they almost rioted then, just because he was late. Axl cant be like that now, times has changed, he is no0t on top of the world anymore.

The only way he is going to win back fans is to go through the motions, play the gigs, give the majority of the fans what they want (the older music), until this new album is released. Axl Rose is one cancellation away from people seriously not giving a shit anymore. He has to play is cool until he can get some credabilty back, whats so hard to understand about that??

Axl looks happier these last few gigs than he has EVER looked, and he is finally enjoying himself on stage again. I love GNR for what they were back in the day, and I love them for what they are now. I dont want to see fucking riots, Axl bitching on stage everynight, walking off stage pissed off. If he started that again he will commit career suicide. I promise this is his last chance at winning the public back, so all I want is for him to make it through this tour with no cancellations or riots or pissed off rants. He makes it through this tour, he releases CD, then he does a world tour with hopefully a great new setlist of new songs...

Stop living in the past, either get with the times (and this new band) or go listen to somebody else. This goes for anyone that wants to bitch because this isnt "old" Guns N Roses.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 09:48:23 AM »

started early on Paradise
did he?  i don`t remember that. i thought paradise city was the best version the new band ever played ok

not even close.. the started it WAY early and the band had to catch up... listen to PC on MSG 02 or even Vegas 01.. .spot!

it wasn`t perfect.... it was rock n`roll ok

msg 2002 sucked imo. of course it was perfect though.... if you know what i mean

las vegas was a great performance, but i liked this one more. better quality at least hihi

It was a great show and deserves good reviews, theres only one thing I can fault with it:

The same stail setlist, you've got how many 70,000 people singing Don't Cry just from a brief section of a guitar solo and yet Axl still won't include that or any other "new" Illusions into the set.

It puts me off going to see the more then once this year, if they mixed it up every now and then it would be more insentive to see them more then once if you can, instead of just having the same setlist everyimte you see them.

i`ll see them two times this year. june 2nd and july 2n.... let`s see what happens

i agree about don?t cry. hopefully axl learns from the crowd reaction....

Every song Axl did last night was the best ever...

it was that way after the May 15th show, the 17th show  etc...

probably because the person who said that saw gnr live for the first time and the sound was awesome etc... ??

live versions are always better than bootlegs...  plus the excitement etc....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Death Cube K
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 09:49:59 AM »

Get rid of Patience and add Don't Cry. That's the only solution if you want Don't Cry in the setlist.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2006, 09:50:59 AM »

No one is bitching cause it isn't old GNR
I guess what pisses me off and when I read:
Finck is better than Slash, when Finck is playing Slash's shit!
or
Last night was the best GNR show EVER...when it wasn't and i point that out and get killed.

If Axl had some faith in the new material, the "big guns" pull them out.

no you pick an excues to retaliate:
1) Axl doesn't want to play the new stuff because it will get downloaded
2) Axl needs to give the people what they want, ?the old stuff
3) ?add a new one here

Hey, does Velvet Revolver play all GNR songs? ?No

Oh they have an album..........

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 09:52:48 AM »

Shock and awe, most bands usually have a set list they follow.
for how many years they have used this set list?

The album is not out yet and you cant expect 50 000 people to be hardcore GNR downloaders.
they dont have to be downloaders but one new song or one new old song that everyone knows would buts some shine on this boring show..

They did 2 new songs last night, I.R.S and Better, since 2001 you have heard at least 9 new songs being played live.
9 new songs in 6 years? shit! thats pretty good considering the band didnt want them out there and axl puts the songs down publicly... see the England 02 rant about "the songs your not gonna see on the album" and leaked demos.. thats hardly what i want ?to hear from them..

They could have thrown in a few Illusion tracks, sure, and maybe got rid of Out ta get me or something, but that's a PERSONAL OPINION.
thats correct.. i think even u would have liked that better..

Im very satisfied with the songs they are doing. I have a feeling they might have to play for 4 hours if theyre gonna please u with their set list.
not 4 hours but loose the same setlists... stop playing AFD and some 2nd rate CD songs ... just change it up for fucks sake..

i would drop

YCBM
OTGM
LALD
NR
RQ
KOHD

and play other songs
Dont Cry
Civil War
Your Crazy
Nice Boys
Bad Apples
Locomotive
or any other songs they have ..
Death Cube K
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2006, 09:54:55 AM »

YCBM
OTGM
LALD
NR
RQ
KOHD

Yes, drop the songs everyone knows...

Good deal mate.

Im done with this now.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2006, 09:55:13 AM »

Get rid of Patience and add Don't Cry. That's the only solution if you want Don't Cry in the setlist.

it`s a really good solution by the way hihi

or
Last night was the best GNR show EVER...when it wasn't and i point that out and get killed.

2) Axl needs to give the people what they want,  the old stuff
3)  add a new one here

Hey, does Velvet Revolver play all GNR songs?  No

gnr played 9 new songs since 2001. that`s a lot i think. go to a rolling stones concert.... do they play 90% new material?   i don?t think so....

when the album drops or is about to drop we`ll get the "big guns" played, believe me ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »

YCBM
OTGM
LALD
NR
RQ
KOHD

Yes, drop the songs everyone knows...

Good deal mate.

Im done with this now.

how many times do you have to hear them?? your not sick of KOHD with the extended solos and sing a longs yet?? ...
and if you notice the songs i said to replace them with everyone knows also...

good deal?

your a nut swinger.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2006, 10:04:08 AM »

or

2) Axl needs to give the people what they want,? the old stuff
3)? add a new one here

Hey, does Velvet Revolver play all GNR songs?? No

gnr played 9 new songs since 2001. that`s a lot i think. go to a rolling stones concert.... do they play 90% new material?? ?i don?t think so....

when the album drops or is about to drop we`ll get the "big guns" played, believe me ok

the rolling stones play as a nastolgia act... they arent out with a new band and a "new" album.. they are just giving everyone a chance to see them live play the hits...

the new gnr is different...
WARose
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2006, 10:05:56 AM »

or

2) Axl needs to give the people what they want,  the old stuff
3)  add a new one here

Hey, does Velvet Revolver play all GNR songs?  No

gnr played 9 new songs since 2001. that`s a lot i think. go to a rolling stones concert.... do they play 90% new material?   i don?t think so....

the rolling stones play as a nastolgia act... they arent out with a new band and a "new" album.. they are just giving everyone a chance to see them live play the hits...

gnr isn`t out with a new album either at the moment.... that?s my point ok

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 10:10:18 AM »

or

2) Axl needs to give the people what they want,? the old stuff
3)? add a new one here

Hey, does Velvet Revolver play all GNR songs?? No

gnr played 9 new songs since 2001. that`s a lot i think. go to a rolling stones concert.... do they play 90% new material?? ?i don?t think so....

gnr isn`t out with a new album either at the moment.... that?s my point ok

no they are not.. but they know more than 15 songs... and to play the same 15 songs is boring.. thats my point!
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »

I only got to see part of the show, but from what I saw, Axl's voice was here and there, weak in some parts, but performance wise he was really, really good.  He also seems more carefree than we've seen him in perhaps.....ever. 

Is someone putting this on YouTube?
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2006, 10:13:53 AM »

Well, since it seems that all GnR fans do is bitch, no matter what the bands doing, you guys bitch for the sake of bitching...... ?I for one fucking loved the show..I still got it goin on replays...I usually dont get defensive and try stand up for a "band" on the fucking internet....but if I hear someone constantly bitching in LA at the show, I will fucking take their motherfucking head off.....fuckin idiots...if you dont like it then fucking leave...don't bother us, listen to something you actualy enjoy, that you can talk postive of

Axl is God.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2006, 10:15:31 AM »

Well, since it seems that all GnR fans do is bitch, no matter what the bands doing, you guys bitch for the sake of bitching...... ?I for one fucking loved the show..I still got it goin on replays...I usually dont get defensive and try stand up for a "band" on the fucking internet....but if I hear someone constantly bitching in LA at the show, I will fucking take their motherfucking head off.....fuckin idiots...if you dont like it then fucking leave...don't bother us, listen to something you actualy enjoy, that you can talk postive of

If that was the attitude, you know, stop listening,? fuck off if you don't like it, then GNR would have been done after Oh My God, which by the way everyone hated, well except the nutswingers on this board

or they would have stopped caring after Mickey Mouse, I mean Axl, at the VMA's, (sorry the reviews here after that were,hmm.. oh yeah.."AXL HAS NEVER SOUNDED BETTER, CLEANER VOICE, I LOVE IT"

so yeah I'll leave and never listen or buy an album again....with that logic CD should sell, 78 copies....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 10:18:15 AM by Bostonrose » Logged

Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2006, 10:20:22 AM »

Well said! I personally loved the show! Of course it wasn't perfect, but that's rock n' roll. The set list was the same as before, but so what? at least they're touring again. Axl was in fine form and the band rocked. What more can you ask for? ok
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2006, 10:21:17 AM »

You may have to wait for the cd to drop if your looking to hear new material. This is about the   "GREAT REVIEWS" I'd like to be there in the room when you tell Axl how unsatified you were with the show Grin  Fucken Jerk

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2006, 10:21:53 AM »

Well, since it seems that most GnR fans do is kiss ass, no matter what the bands doing, you guys kiss ass ?for the sake of kissing ass...... ?I for one fucking was bored with the show..I still got it on dvd in 2001 when they played rio...

I usually dont get defensive and try stand up for a "band" on the fucking internet....but if I hear someone constantly bitching in LA at the show, I will fucking take their motherfucking head off.....
take my head off.. i dare you.. ill be at the show and if they play the same show or set list as they did today, at NYC, 2002, Rio 2k1, ?i want to see you take my head off.. i can complain if it sucks.. i paid for my ticket... take my head off. ill eat your bf/husband for lunch too..

fuckin idiots...if you dont like it then fucking leave...
maybe we will or we will throw our beach balls around with SLASH, DUFF, IZZY, STEVEN written on it...

don't bother us,
we dont ?care about u.

listen to something you actualy enjoy, that you can talk postive of
we are trying to talk positive but they have to play something we actualy enjoy first...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: