Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:39:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!  (Read 30201 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 08:33:08 AM »

let me just add. before paradise citty Dizzy was ready to play Madagascar, but as i was told earlier they couldn't play as long as they wanted cuz of the organization of the festival, so they just did PC.

the show was great and the band jus went with the flow, no set list. that was amazing

and if u weren't there, u didn't know what happened really. cuz the show was brilliant!!!!!

Chinese Democracy!
Death Cube K
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 08:33:55 AM »

I was there through the power of the internet. ?I am not talking about the sound mix here. ?Just talking about everything else. ?I don't need to be there to see Axl run out of breath all night and to listen to piss poor guitar solos do I?

Since we CAN give proper reviews thru TV screens it seems, I watched Japan 92 and Oklahoma 92 on bootleg last night and it was NOTHING compared to RIR5.

Thru half the set I couldnt even hear the guitar solos because of the stupid mixing, but Im sure you heard them???

ok
thisisheavy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 08:35:14 AM »

there was 50 thousand people there.not a bad crowd.i was expecting much worse
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 08:38:45 AM »

I was there through the power of the internet. ?I am not talking about the sound mix here. ?Just talking about everything else. ?I don't need to be there to see Axl run out of breath all night and to listen to piss poor guitar solos do I?

The man is 44 years old, he isnt in his 20s anymore. And he ran out of breath a couple times, big fucking deal. Lets see you get up on stage and run around for 2 hours at the age of 44 and not lose your breath.

And I strongly disagree with you calling the solos "piss poor", I thought they were excellent.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 08:39:01 AM »

I was there through the power of the internet.  I am not talking about the sound mix here.  Just talking about everything else.  I don't need to be there to see Axl run out of breath all night and to listen to piss poor guitar solos do I?

Since we CAN give proper reviews thru TV screens it seems, I watched Japan 92 and Oklahoma 92 on bootleg last night and it was NOTHING compared to RIR5.

Thru half the set I couldnt even hear the guitar solos because of the stupid mixing, but Im sure you heard them???

ok

yeah the sound was great at the venue. great mix, just great.

on jungle tho, tommy couldn't hear himself, he left the stage really mad, and smashed a bass guitar, then in IT's so Easy everthing was cool

Chinese Democracy!
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 08:42:20 AM »

It's good to see the journalist are finally starting to appreciate what a great band this is. It must have been one of the greatest GN'R performances ever! Axl was amazing, band was great and there was real chemistry in there. Easily the best performance by the new band.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 08:44:23 AM »

let me just add. before paradise citty Dizzy was ready to play Madagascar, but as i was told earlier they couldn't play as long as they wanted cuz of the organization of the festival, so they just did PC.

I KNEW IT!

I don't know if you guys heard it, but I did hear someone saying just before Paradise: "Dizzy! Paradise!"

By the way, I like those reviews? ok
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 08:45:57 AM »

This is one or two reviews man.? Hardly enough to say it's getting great reviews.

I'm not sure how close you were to the stage, but we here in the states were up close and personal.? The sound quality sucked, but that aside, it was a horrible show in terms of Axl's singing.? He was out of breath on almost every song, he missed words on every song, he started Patience early.? We didn't neeed to be there to see this....it was no where near as good a performance as the 5 shows I have seen live.?

And unfortunately, last night proved that this band misses Slash in a huge way and that no one will be able to fill his shoes.? Those 3 guitarists they have pale in comparison to Slash (at least in a live setting).? Slash was a monster up there who commanded the stage....these guys were utterly forgetable.? Too many mediocre solos (guitar and drum).? Not a very good show really guys.

What a whiner
Who cares about your heart opening speech?
If you don't like it don't watch it and get over it. It sooooo simple but nooooo cuz if you don't u won't have anything to whine about
The hell with all of you whiners , get over 1987.
Whining frantically won't turn back time
True they did some crazy things they made me go like 'whoa heavy drugs' but as u could see they were having fun ?drool
If you wanna choose the entire set list including solos you should ring Slash and form you own Guns N Roses
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 08:46:32 AM »

the reason it seemed that he missed words in song is because the mic kept going on and off  on the mix.   I'll admit that he did seem out of breath at some points  but it didn't make this a bad performance.   Axl is older now  and he does move a lot on stage  so this won't be the last time you will see him trying to catch his breath on stage. So my sugggestion to you is to not even bother with this band anymore because  you will never like their live performances. You would be better suited watching a band where the lead singer stands in one spot all day  and is 25 yrs old.  This isn't a young Axl anymore  and Slash isn't young anymore either.  I have seen VR  and slash isn't the same on stage as he once was .  Age hits a lead singer  harder than it does a guitarists.  Stamina and vocal chords age quicker  than fingers .    Just go watch another band and don't waste your time with this band.    There are plenty of GNR fans  that still like Axl's performances.

Very well said man...Couldnt agree more

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 08:53:14 AM »

The man is 44 years old, he isnt in his 20s anymore. And he ran out of breath a couple times, big fucking deal. Lets see you get up on stage and run around for 2 hours at the age of 44 and not lose your breath.

And I strongly disagree with you calling the solos "piss poor", I thought they were excellent.

I think he means they need Slash
Oh sure Velvet Revolver is some real mind blowing solos
sure sure  confused
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 09:02:50 AM »

Stamina and vocal chords age quicker? than fingers .? ? Just go watch another band and don't waste your time with this band.? ? There are plenty of GNR fans? that still like Axl's performances.

Like the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Jimmy Buffet,  and every other lead singer over 50 that rock the house?

Yeah I know I know people likes Axl's performance, they out of touch and in need of this to rock, because they have waitied so long they won't let themselved be disappoitned

I still think it sucked, 

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 09:05:28 AM »

I KNEW IT!

I don't know if you guys heard it, but I did hear someone saying just before Paradise: "Dizzy! Paradise!"

Yeah, I did, I was just about to say...

I even thought that I heard something like "Dizzy, just Paradise!",

at the time I thought that maybe he was ill or something, and didn't want to do an encore........

Now it makes sense.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Death Cube K
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »

I still think it sucked

You are a bit wierd man. You saw a stream on the net that had LOTS of sound difficoulties and you still make up your mind?

I'd say you decided that this would suck before you even saw the show..

So, do yourself a favour and pick up some old DVD's and stay offline watching them instead.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 09:08:05 AM »

Aye, do some of you people think that it's a coincidence that the songs we had a decent mix for (November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Nightrain...) sounded incredible...  confused

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 09:08:42 AM »

some of you guys have to buy "time machine" and going to 1987

for two days i will go to budampest,and after that i will tell you my impresions about guns n roses in 2006

btw i like clips from rio,and i like axls runing and everything else

I have never seen so many tree
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »

I still think it sucked

You are a bit wierd man. You saw a stream on the net that had LOTS of sound difficoulties and you still make up your mind?

I'd say you decided that this would suck before you even saw the show..

So, do yourself a favour and pick up some old DVD's and stay offline watching them instead.

OK, ?MINUS SOUND MIX, I am not even counting that for christ sakes...

this is why it sucked:

Axl ran out of breathe, ? screwed up Patience, ?started early on Paradise, the Solo's were god awful, the new guitar effects in Rocket Queeen were horrible, the set list was old and nostalgic, the energy wasn't there, ?

other than that it was AWESOME ok

I am not talking about sound, ?I recorded it on my Xm and it sounds fine.....the AOL feed sucked

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Death Cube K
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »

Axl ran out of breathe,   screwed up Patience,  started early on Paradise, the Solo's were god awful, the new guitar effects in Rocket Queeen were horrible, the set list was old and nostalgic, the energy wasn't there, 

That NEVER happened with the old band.  ok ok ok  beer

Hahaha!!!!

Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 09:12:32 AM »

Axl ran out of breathe,? ?screwed up Patience,? started early on Paradise, the Solo's were god awful, the new guitar effects in Rocket Queeen were horrible, the set list was old and nostalgic, the energy wasn't there,?

That NEVER happened with the old band.? ok ok ok? beer

Hahaha!!!!

Of course it did and those shows sucked....

Why can't someone hate a show and not get crucified for it....

Death Cube K
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 09:14:03 AM »

Why can't someone hate a show and not get crucified for it....

Because it's stupid to hate a show that obviously rocked. Just ask anyone going to the show mate.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 09:16:36 AM »

Axl ran out of breathe,? ?screwed up Patience,? started early on Paradise, the Solo's were god awful, the new guitar effects in Rocket Queeen were horrible, the set list was old and nostalgic, the energy wasn't there,?

That NEVER happened with the old band.? ok ok ok? beer

Hahaha!!!!

very smart words,i think you're a grand son of Nikola Tesla

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: