Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:44:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do Bumblefoot and Fortus render Finck obsolete for GnR?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do Bumblefoot and Fortus render Finck obsolete for GnR?  (Read 18987 times)
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2006, 06:11:10 AM »

Robin seemed to be the only guy on stage other than Axl, that had some some real stage presence.   Bumblefoot, brain and even Tommy looked a little like backup musicians last night.  Brain's drumming was perfect though.  Fortus, who I was quite impressed with, looked more like he should be playing in a punk band with in a much smaller venue, he kind of reminded me of the touring guitarist from The Prodigy.  Again, I was however, impressed with his playing.  I actually think his style suited GNR best last night.
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2006, 06:13:03 AM »

Ohh I forgot the keyboardists...

Chris Pitman is making GNR sound more like Pink Floyd, and I think Dizzy is almost morphing into Axl in appearance hehe
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2006, 06:13:21 AM »

Robin was great yesterday. Fortus was the best. Ron Thal....well... is he really necessary? Huh

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 06:19:30 AM »

Robin was great yesterday. Fortus was the best. Ron Thal....well... is he really necessary? Huh

i think ron was reeally great yesterday. i know about your opinion anyways hihi

richard`s guitar solo really impressed me and robin was great, too. i hope we`ll get a better broadcast soon. the mix was really utter crap no

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 06:32:22 AM »

I think the Richard/Robin duet is the force of this new band on guitars. Bucmblefoot just seems the "too much" guy.
I don't have anything about him, but what I saw yesterday showed once again that the band doesn't need 3 guitar players.
This new band is made for Richard and Robin, 2 guitars.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
yorch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 07:03:15 AM »

finck should be out
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2006, 07:03:39 AM »

Ron owned Nightrain last night, he won me over.
Fink was allright and Fortus surprised me in a postive way, this dude can play.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 07:09:05 AM »

Finck is the man. He's so cool, it's unbelieveable

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2006, 07:10:03 AM »

Finck is the man. He's so cool, it's unbelieveable
yeah dude, Robin finck is too cool! awesome show!  Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2006, 07:12:24 AM »

All three bring their unique talents and skills to the table. If you're into the virtuoso speed player- you've got Bumblefoot. Finck is for the noodley disconsant crowd (and if he did write Better... than he's a hell of a writer too), and Fortus is like the "link" to the old band- this guy hits STUDIO VERSIONS of Slash solos note for fucking note and otherwise just brings that great R n' R feel that GN'R was always famous for- as many have said- he would not have been out of place on stage during the UYI tour.

Anyway, I think they're all great (I prefer Bumblefoot the most myself) and we're very fortunate to have them all on-board. I'd like to think Bumblefoot will be given a greater opportunity to shine live.... but that, I think, will come in time.... maybe he'll even get a crack at re-recording some of Bucket's parts and a chance to write and record on the 2nd or 3rd albums at least.... but I don't feel the need to knock Finck or Fortus in expressing that opinion.

Most of all.... THEY ALL SEEM LIKE COOL GUYS that get along with each other..... and that Axl enjoys working with and being around... and when that's the case... we all win. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »

i like Finck... he's a soulful player just like Slash and John Frusciante. sure he's sloppy live but so is Slash.

btw, anyone else pick up "Normal" by Bumblefoot? a pretty decent cd. not full-on shredding but done with taste. he's got some songwriting skills as well. i can definitely see him coming into his own with GNR in the future.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2006, 07:16:39 AM »

What exactly has Bumble written for this band? Which solos are his own? Thus far he has only played the parts of two vastly superior players in Bucket and Slash. I would prefer Bumble to be vettisoned and the Bucket brought back in all honesty.

There really is no reason to keep talking about a vastly superior player, when Buckethead is compared to Ron.

Ron is every bit as talented and accomplished. Ron has more songwriting skill in his pinky finger then Fortus and Finck combined. Next to this he has a Buckethead-worthy technique.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:19:01 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2006, 07:22:52 AM »

It is pure nonesense to say that Buckethead and Slash are "vastly superior" to Bumblefoot. You may prefer Slash and Bucket more- which is certainly you're right- but keep in mind that most guitar publications that keep track and rank that type of thing routinely put Bumblefoot slightly ahead of Buckethead and years ahead of Slash.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

Finck IS Gn'R !!!

WITHOUT HIM THIS BAND WOULD SUCK !! ok

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2006, 07:31:03 AM »

I admit I didn't take the time to read this thread, just the title. Its a busy weekend. Anyway I can tell you that in New York Robin is the one who owned it!!! maybe they are taking turns a little! Anyway I think Robin has done some amazing work on his talent!!
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2006, 07:34:04 AM »

I think Finck is great! He has stage presence and is an amazing guitarist and he seems to really enjoy himself while on stage. He's absolutely my favorite one of the current guitar players in GN'R. I like Fortus and Bumblefoot also, but Finck is THE lead guitarist of the band.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2006, 07:36:46 AM »

i loved how robin walked into the spot of the crowd during the nightrain solo
and the fence-jumping during otgm was just priceless..lol

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2006, 07:54:54 AM »

To the bashers:

Firstly, whatever you think of how great Slash is (and he is, great player, he wrote these riffs, etc), if you think that any competent player couldn't play the solos and songs exactly like he did, then you're an idiot.

If they wanted to, Finck, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Buckethead, and just about any talented guitarist could replicate Slash's work.

Is nobody here a musician?

Music is there for people to express themselves. If you prefer the way Slash played it, fine. You can not, however, criticise the talents of any of these guys.

At the end of the day, it's not about what you want. These guys have the right to express themselves however they want. If you don't like it, why would you ever bother listening to the new band. Go sit somewhere and watch old DVDs/bootlegs/etc.

As for the constant "do we need this guy" threads. They all contributed to that concert last night. The same people who moaned about Buckethead and how we only need two guitarists, now go on about how we don't need Finck. Unless you can tell me why he made the concert worse, or anyone made it worse by being there, you have no point.

@#$%Funker
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:57:40 AM by Mutherfunker » Logged
darkmonth
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2006, 08:05:36 AM »

i like Finck... he's a soulful player just like Slash and John Frusciante. sure he's sloppy live but so is Slash.

Finck is on a much lower level than Slash.  Slash is sloppy sometimes... Finck is sloppy on EVERY song. Even his own.  And I don't mean he plays off time or whatever... I mean he's hitting off key notes etc a LOT.  Fucking up classic solo's.  Anyone who tries to justify duff notes being played continuously, by a guy who should be looking at his fretboard more instead of flailing around, should get some fucking ears and stop being so blinded.
makane
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2006, 08:09:15 AM »

Haha. Laughing at some of you guys saying "Slash played the Solos just likes Robin does" wtf is that? ( Dave-gnr2k you have 3 bad Slash solos? HEY THEY TOURED FOR TWO AND A  HALF YEARS, I don't even wanna imagine how many shows they did during that time. Unlike Robin who screws them up every single time.)

Just check out the Paris 1992 show and come back here to say he plays November Rain solo "like Robin does"...
Robin is a soulfull player, but he isn't too skilled. They should leave the lead guitar parts to Richard and Bumblefoot.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: